Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, jcarb said:

Getting that nostalgia card like most other indie bands from that period with an anniversary tour of their biggest album. 
So will be off the back of that aha, still odd for a mainstage booking.

They never played higher than about 5th down in the tent when they were at their Peak. I was actually quite a big fan back in the day but have zero interest now

Missed out on 100 gecs London tickets so am so happy they're making the trip over all memes aside. As said above, they've catered very well to a certain crowd booking 100 Gecs, Danny Brown, Denzel Curry and JPEGMafia all in the same year. Dorian Electra/ SOPHIE would be great additions although i can't see either happening at this point.

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

They must have their own UK plans for this year and decided against R&L potentially hurting ticket sales.

I think that makes it very likely they'll be back next year though.

Reckon they’ll and Wolf Alice will Sub next year, assuming decent records 

19 minutes ago, Benj said:

Reckon they’ll and Wolf Alice will Sub next year, assuming decent records 

A NBT-Wolf Alice co-headline Arena tour would be mega. Though the latter are probably bigger.

So annoyed I missed out on the Friday of Truck festival last year!

Reckon Wolf Alice will sub next year and NBT 3rd down, though Wolf Alice could be doing community/APE or something 

22 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Don’t really buy these V Fest comparisons at all, in its last couple of years scouting for girls was about as rock n’ roll as it got lol

I think it’s more the fact of where R&L can go from here. Previously acts like Lewis capaldi high up main wouldn’t even be on the festivals radar.

Honestly can't believe Vampire Weekend aren't going this year absolutely gutted with that gap in that tour falling on the reading weekend just seemed inevitable yet once again disappointed with this Line up highlights RATM , Lewis Capaldi, Gerry Cinammon, Denzel and that's it for me. As they had so many options right at the beginning be it Bombay, Tyler, Travis Scott just so many options but I feel like Rage costed a fortune and they've tried to play around this which in my view hasn't worked well. Going from The 1975, Posty and Foos last year to this massive down fall and it will not literally sell out they'll probably do what they did in 2017 and say they've sold out when they haven't.

1 minute ago, foolee said:

I think it’s more the fact of where R&L can go from here. Previously acts like Lewis capaldi high up main wouldn’t even be on the festivals radar.

As much I can’t stand lewis capaldis music I don’t see his booking as unusual for the festival tbh

He has fans across all genres and he was booked at truck last year which is a predominantly indie rock festival which drew a massive crowd

his recent feud with Noel G also.. 

I don’t think this is any sort of sign the festival going a certain way and its not like he hasn’t played the festival before

either they’re struggling for sales

or they realised that having two door on before stormzy on a day designed for fiat 500 people and stuff like that doesn’t make a lot of sense 

wouldn’t say two door is dark fruits but lewis capaldi definitely fucking isn’t, and i think we’ve all established that it’s basically

friday - chart kids day (although i don’t get all time low)

saturday - dark fruits fest

sunday - “we have rage, just chuck some extra shit in it doesn’t matter”

i know i’m probably talking out my arse but i’m bored and i’ve just woke up allow it 

• Upvote 1

Capaldi is far bigger than Gerry, who he would’ve been on before, I assume that might be a reason for the move too maybe. Also the top three on Saturday being fairly similar in them two and LG. Definitely a good move swapping him and TDCC imo, just stupid they’ve done it after day tickets have been on sale for ages 

in other news I had a weird dream last night that people were all moved around on the poster and Slowthai was subbing the 1xtra, Courteeners were subbing both Friday and Sunday, LG was headlining all three days and The Big Moon were main stage Sunday. When I woke up to see the Capaldi announcement and TDCC acc had moved days I genuinely thought I was still dreaming.

Edited by TheWaters