Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

A lot of people cannot stand grime one bit. I don't imagine back then there were as many people who simply couldn't stand britpop. Britpop is also like blur v oasis and that, grime its like stormzy at headliner level and nobody else even close to his size really. Grime is still not the dominant culture of music either really its quite split at the moment. I guess britpop at that time would be better compared to pop around 2010-2015 where not a lot of new bands were coming through and hiphop/grime hadn't really emerged yet perhaps

what

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

A lot of people cannot stand grime one bit. I don't imagine back then there were as many people who simply couldn't stand britpop. Britpop is also like blur v oasis and that, grime its like stormzy at headliner level and nobody else even close to his size really. Grime is still not the dominant culture of music either really its quite split at the moment. I guess britpop at that time would be better compared to pop around 2010-2015 where not a lot of new bands were coming through and hiphop/grime hadn't really emerged yet perhaps

Eh?

I mean, I think if you "can't stand" grime then you probably don't like rap in general.

I think a lot of people back in the 90's didn't like Britpop either because they just weren't into indie music.

Rap and Hip Hop is very much the dominant culture and has been since Eminem came along. 

This might not be reflective in festivals over the years but mainstream culture is dominated by rap.

Grime is huge and has been the past 4-5 years amongst the younger generation.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Eh?

I mean, I think if you "can't stand" grime then you probably don't like rap in general.

I think a lot of people back in the 90's didn't like Britpop either because they just weren't into indie music.

Rap and Hip Hop is very much the dominant culture and has been since Eminem came along. 

This might not be reflective in festivals over the years but mainstream culture is dominated by rap.

I’m not a fan of grime, but I like certain artists, Dave,Skepta and Stormzy especially 

But Imo it’s much easier for someone to like Britpop over grime because it’s just easier listening 

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Get Nilufer Yanya on the bill right now. Her album from last year, Miss Universe, is genuinely incredible.

Ssoooooo good

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

People who wasn't into indie were well into britpop. Especially the likes of Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Verve etc etc. Where they wasn't into indie start of the 90s with bands like Stone Rose's, Mondays, Carter, PWEI etc etc.

It was more than just britpop, it was the entire culture around that time. Festivals started to get mainstream, britpop had a very important impact on why festivals went mainstream. 

It was also the last generation pre internet, Napster and all that.

Edited by thetime

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Eh?

A lot of people will listen to rap but hate grime as they just associate it with like chavs/drill. I love Kendrick or Brockhampton - but they are very different to Stormzy I guess. Rap/Hip Hop hasn't been dominate since Eminem first came around in the early 00s? It only has become dominant in the 2010s but I would say that its not like completely dominant, there are a lot of people who listen to rock/dance still and its definitely not as dominant as britpop was at its peak.

Its quite hard to separate rap and grime fans especially when looking at festivals as theres only really Wireless in the UK to look at and its a bit of a mix. I would say its still a maturing genre as currently Stormzy is the only massive artist from it (is there any other grime act even sub sized - maybe there is wouldn't really know)

4 hours ago, gfa said:

I would say its still a maturing genre as currently Stormzy is the only massive artist from it (is there any other grime act even sub sized - maybe there is wouldn't really know)

Dave is no co or sub head sized

Skepta is sub head at least

Giggs and J Hus could be pushing 3rd down or R1 headline

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

What were Nothing But Thieves like last night to anyone that went

Do you mean Friday at The Dome?

They were absolutely mental, Conor was ill but you really couldn't tell. Gave us a live debut of Gods and then brought back Drawing Pins, Graveyard Whistling and Last Orders!!!

And we got a new song in the encore, it absolutely banged. Really guitar-heavy and some bluesy riffs.

3 hours ago, R Shah said:

Do you mean Friday at The Dome?

They were absolutely mental, Conor was ill but you really couldn't tell. Gave us a live debut of Gods and then brought back Drawing Pins, Graveyard Whistling and Last Orders!!!

And we got a new song in the encore, it absolutely banged. Really guitar-heavy and some bluesy riffs.

Yh meant Friday sorry, but it’s good on the songs they’ve bought back, Last Orders is like If I Get High isn’t it

but that’s sick, I need some new music from them about now

25 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Wolf Alice announced for mad cool. Shows that they’re doing some festivals this year still. So they could definitely be playing

wolf alice would be a great edition to the saturday lineup, hopefully they get them booked for 3rd down.

They were excellent when they headlined truck last year 

Is it just me but I feel All Time Low and maybe even D-Block Europe are bigger live acts than Run The Jewels? Is there defo no chance that RTJ will be 4th down and someone else could slot in 3rd? Maybe the logo is purely because they're RATM tour support?

Or am I completely deluded lol 

Edited by R Shah
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Is it just me but I feel All Time Low and maybe even D-Block Europe are bigger live acts than Run The Jewels? Is there defo no chance that RTJ will be 4th down and someone else could slot in 3rd? Maybe the logo is purely because they're RATM tour support?

Or am I completely deluded lol 

I agree with you tbh, DBE are one of the biggest artists with the youth but most ain’t even heard of RTJ, All Time Low is like what people listened to during their typical phase of that music, but I could still see them being 5th down, it’s just I don’t think Slowthai would be 5th down