Lineup 2020

randlfan

33 minutes ago, VCK said:

Nah, he could probably still get away with something like 3rd on Main, like The Kooks, Blossoms and Vaccines, other past-their-peak indie acts who have played that slot in recent years.

Never a sub again in a million years though. Think I'm the only one who felt he was big enough for that slot, between 2012 and 2014 he was massive.

Blossoms aren’t past their best, a future headliner imo 

18 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Let’s be honest we’ve probably got the vaccines on the Saturday 

and that’s not bad, someone to sing along too

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Ian Brown 3rd down on Saturday?

He's elsewhere during the weekend I think.

Also he was poor in 2009 and should only be allowed near the festival if he's with the Roses, which the festival had a perfect opportunity to make happen in both 2016 and 2017 and they passed up both chances.

Edited by VCK

1 hour ago, VCK said:

Nah, he could probably still get away with something like 3rd on Main, like The Kooks, Blossoms and Vaccines, other past-their-peak indie acts who have played that slot in recent years.

Never a sub again in a million years though. Think I'm the only one who felt he was big enough for that slot, between 2012 and 2014 he was massive.

Not a chance Jake Bugg would get 3rd down main now. FR headline at best, and even that’s pushing it. Don’t think they’d book him at all nowadays, anyway.

17 minutes ago, VCK said:

He's elsewhere during the weekend I think.

Also he was poor in 2009 and should only be allowed near the festival if he's with the Roses, which the festival had a perfect opportunity to make happen in both 2016 and 2017 and they passed up both chances.

Not ruled out completely, at victorious on the Friday. Although I do not think he will be there, looking forward to him at NBHD Weekender.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hold your horses. He's still playing academies. Current FR headliners are about the level of academy support acts.

This year, sure. But last year all three FR headliners were academy acts. And Jake Bugg would be such an odd booking for R&L nowadays that I don’t think he’d necessarily get a slot reflective of his (diminishing) size.

15 hours ago, TornShaun said:

1996 Headliners - RATM (2 albums), Black Grape (1 Album), Stone Roses (2 Albums)! There's probably been headliners with a less total?

How does Stormzy compare to Roses in terms of popularity in both time frames? Interesting that grime seems to be what brit pop was in the 80s-90s to kids (and older, but generally) these days 

Personally, I love home made british music being at the top of our charts 

Edited by jamieaslee

20 hours ago, mattyspratty said:

I just got a notification that R + L just tweeted something, went to check and nothing there...

They shared a live video of Nilufer Yanya. Either the people running the R+L account meant to post this from some other festival account and saw their error or they shared it forgetting they haven't announced her for this year's festival yet.

15 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

They shared a live video of Nilufer Yanya. Either the people running the R+L account meant to post this from some other festival account and saw their error or they shared it forgetting they haven't announced her for this year's festival yet.

I’d guess the latter

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

She’s good tho, she was on Jools Holland

5 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

How does Stormzy compare to Roses in terms of popularity in both time frames? Interesting that grime seems to be what brit pop was in the 80s-90s to kids (and older, but generally) these days 

Personally, I love home made british music being at the top of our charts 

A lot of people cannot stand grime one bit. I don't imagine back then there were as many people who simply couldn't stand britpop. Britpop is also like blur v oasis and that, grime its like stormzy at headliner level and nobody else even close to his size really. Grime is still not the dominant culture of music either really its quite split at the moment. I guess britpop at that time would be better compared to pop around 2010-2015 where not a lot of new bands were coming through and hiphop/grime hadn't really emerged yet perhaps

• Upvote 1