Lineup 2020

randlfan

29 minutes ago, VCK said:

They've got yer da's favourite musical artist in Liam and yer son's favourite musical artist in Stormzy. Everyone's a winner.

And yer Grandads favourite with Rage( jk my Grandad listens to Classic FM)

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

What do people think about Biffy Clyro's new song? Not a fan personally.

I don't hate it but it isn't what i listen to Biffy for, all for them experimenting with new sounds but hopefully the entire album doesn't sound like this, incorporating synth heavy sounds in with rock can work in some cases but think they've missed the mark here, getting Fall Out Boy vibes from it more than anything

I thought the song was alright to listen to and a pretty good way to get more people listening to their stuff. They said they wanted to release the album’s most ‘poppy’ song first, so I don’t think we need to worry about the rest being the same.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Slowthai ain’t playing 5th down 

Id say more likely between All Time Low and 2DCC

Sum 41 between Slowthai and Tom Grennan and NBT under Gerry

16 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't see why he couldn't play 5th down, but I could also see Limp Bizkit slotting in under Slowthai too.

Limp Bizkit or Sum 41 playing 4th on RATM day maybe, LB might even demand 3rd and I wouldn't be surprised. 

2 hours ago, Quorn said:

I thought the song was alright to listen to and a pretty good way to get more people listening to their stuff. They said they wanted to release the album’s most ‘poppy’ song first, so I don’t think we need to worry about the rest being the same.

As long as we don't get another Elipsis, there was a couple of alright one's. 

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

I do find it a bit baffling that they catered to foos day on the main stage last year so well and decided to completely ignore that this year for Rage, its like they deliberately don’t want rage day tickets to sell

It makes you wonder whether the rest of the main stage was booked before they knew that Rage were available?

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

I do find it a bit baffling that they catered to foos day on the main stage last year so well and decided to completely ignore that this year for Rage, its like they deliberately don’t want rage day tickets to sell

It’s very strange, Courteeners before Rage blows my mind. Maybe they assume that people like myself will purely buy tickets for Rage?

Give me a run of IDLES > BFMV > Limp Bizkit > Rage or something like that, even if I don’t like IDLES and Bizkit (the latter would be mad just for the atmosphere though).

On a side note, that run of Frank Carter > ADTR > Foo’s is something I think about everyday. Unreal.

50 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

It’s very strange, Courteeners before Rage blows my mind. Maybe they assume that people like myself will purely buy tickets for Rage?

Give me a run of IDLES > BFMV > Limp Bizkit > Rage or something like that, even if I don’t like IDLES and Bizkit (the latter would be mad just for the atmosphere though).

On a side note, that run of Frank Carter > ADTR > Foo’s is something I think about everyday. Unreal.

Slowthai - IDLES - RTJ - Bizkit would have been great too and more varied 

47 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Slowthai - IDLES - RTJ - Bizkit would have been great too and more varied 

Yeah the rest of the RATM undercard is fine ngl, the big problem is Courteeners. They could book whoever the hell they want for the rest of the day but the sub needs to be remotely similar and have some sort of crossover. 

Even bumping RTJ or Idles to sub, weak as it may be, would make more sense probably just for the flow of acts. Or Bizkit as suggested.

The Friday is a great example, undercard is all Indie and Pop-Punk but we have that nice flow of Migos into Stormzy which makes it look more like a Reading Day. Similar with Gerry into Liam whilst lots of rap underneath.

9 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yeah the rest of the RATM undercard is fine ngl, the big problem is Courteeners. They could book whoever the hell they want for the rest of the day but the sub needs to be remotely similar and have some sort of crossover. 

Even bumping RTJ or Idles to sub, weak as it may be, would make more sense probably just for the flow of acts. Or Bizkit as suggested.

The Friday is a great example, undercard is all Indie and Pop-Punk but we have that nice flow of Migos into Stormzy which makes it look more like a Reading Day. Similar with Gerry into Liam whilst lots of rap underneath.

I think Sunday is the weaker day