Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, HornetMan said:

Lewis Capaldi will never sell out 1 Wembley Stadium show, let alone the amount Ed Sheeran did. Not just because I personally don't think his music is any good at all, but because he just isn't as big. Simple as

Like others have said, R&L just isn't the place for him, there are many many other acts/bands coming through that will probably be warranting a headline slot in the next 10 years

Judging how big Lewis Capaldi will be in the future based on his ( quite excellent btw ) performance on his debut album is madness, especially since he's every bit as big at this point as Ed Sheeran was at this point in his first album run.

Not that this has anything to do with whether R&L should book him of course. They shouldn't.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

For the same reason that Ed Sheeran hasn’t and will never headline Reading and Leeds, Lewis Capaldi isn’t gonna either. I know it’s moved towards booking more mainstream and chart dominant acts overt the last couple of years, but I don’t see them going down the whole solo sad lad route any time soon. It’s really not their vibe and their are tons of other festivals those acts are better suited to. 

"Solo sad lad" haha such an accurate description your right though Icant see it ever happening at Leeds and Im personally thankful it wont. Each to ones own and all that but that kind of bland whingey, acoustic ballad style simply is not suited to Reading And Leeds. Last 10 years Ive been going i do notice the line up changing of coarse but not to that extent. Leeds always retains its alternative core style and cant see acts like them ever getting the top spot. The likes of Ed Sheeran, Gavin James etc just remind me of that knobhead that can barely play a guitar whipping out an acoustic guitar at a house party at the end of the night for attention 😂

8 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

What is the Calibre of acts that Usually get announced in the next announcement. Can we anticipate bands like wolf alice or are we looking at small acts.

Will be a few more bigger acts. Wolf Alice will likely be as big as they get.

1 minute ago, Festivalboi36 said:

I’ve got my Friday Day tickets for Reading as that’s the best day in my opinion, I’m a Rap/Hip Hop fan so out of the many names to still be added to the lineup, what Rap/Hip Hop names do you guys think will be added the the lineup especially the Friday ?? 

I think there should be some dance acts on the main stage like sigala

34 minutes ago, TheAuxCord said:

Unrelated but looking back at the early pages of this thread 2/3 headliners had been predicted by 24/03/18 (and who would’ve predicted RATM). Is it me or is this forum getting too good at this? 

Until Dan told us, did anyone actually get the correct trio?

2 hours ago, TheAuxCord said:

Unrelated but looking back at the early pages of this thread 2/3 headliners had been predicted by 24/03/18 (and who would’ve predicted RATM). Is it me or is this forum getting too good at this? 

To be fair, we didn’t really predict two out of three by 24/3/18.

Stormzy and Liam Gallagher were two of about 25 names predicted. With such a scattergun approach, we should be ashamed of only getting two, haha.

30 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Just for arguments sake. Who is the better booking? And in what lineup position?

skepta or dave

Pros and cons for both imo. Performance wise I prefer Skepta. He always puts on a banger filled set that gets the crowd going. I find Dave more story telling (which he is obvs) and less of a festival crowd type act. Then again, I’ve only seen him in 2017 so maybe can’t comment.

I think to the masses and general public at this point Dave is the better booking purely as skepta is always around. I think right now Skepta is around a sub headliner and Dave is around a strong 3rd down main. One more big hit or album on the way and he’s easily bordering on headline status though. 

Friday 

Main: Stormzy / Migos / Two Door Cinema Club / All Time Low / ASAP Ferg / Mabel / Hardy Caprio / As It Is / Special Guest: Hayley Williams 

R1: Sam Fender / Dermot Kennedy / Mahalia / Declan McKenna / The Magic Gang / Jay1 / Wallows / Joy Crookes / Brooke Bentham 

Pit: Sleeping With Sirens / Bladee / Holding Absence / Polaris / Trash Boat / Ashnikko / Cleopatrick / Dune Rats / Woes 

Saturday 

Main: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / Slaves /  D-Block Europe / Aitch / The Maine / The Murder Capital / The Sherlocks / Yonaka / Bloxx

R1: Rex Orange County / Headie One / Fontaines D.C. / While She Sleeps / Beartooth / Sea Girls / Blackbear / Easy Life / Inhaler 

Pit: Gallows / The Bronxx / Cancer Bats / Every Time I Die / The Pink Slips / Higher Power / Capstan / Narrow Head / Nascar Aloe

Sunday 

Main: Rage Against The Machine / Courteeners / Run The Jewels / Slowthai / Tom Grennan / The Hives / Lil Durk / Lady Leshurr / Sports Team / Roam

R1: AJ Tracey / IDLES / The Hunna / Playboi Carti / Clairo / King Princess / Waterparks / Mystery Jets / Georgia / Vulfpeck / Vukovi

Pit: Fever 333 / Creeper / Ho99o9 / Black Peaks / SHVPES / Seaway / WSTR / Arrested Youth / Garzi 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

george ezra would be an amazing headliner for the record. saw him in manchester and he’s absolutely sensational. such a good laugh. capaldi would be shite, saw him at tramlines and it was 45 mins of ballads

I've only heard a few capaldi singles, but it still completely baffles me how different he is to his music. If only his music sounded half as fun

Also, skepta vs dave, I'd say skepta would be the better booking right now because he has so many bangers (enough to fill an hour easily), was supposed to play a couple years back and Dave played last year so it wouldn't be all that exciting imo.

7 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

george ezra would be an amazing headliner for the record. saw him in manchester and he’s absolutely sensational. such a good laugh. capaldi would be shite, saw him at tramlines and it was 45 mins of ballads

Saw him at Latitude last year and was a very fun headline set. Doubt he'd be suitable for Reading although I will admit he is a great live performer.

Dave would be a far better booking than Skepta, I think. Yes, he played last year, but other than Stormzy, he is the biggest name in Grime at the moment. He would pull a massive crowd. Skepta seems a bit old hat now. 

I can’t see him playing now, though. He’ll be back next year to sub. 

22 minutes ago, Festivalboi36 said:

Who do you guys think Rap artist wise will be added to the Radio 1 Xtra tent, I’m going on the Friday and part from Iann Dior there’s no one else interesting on that stage, hoping for a decent rap artist on the Radio 1 stage as well 

Are you going to continue posting this every day until you get the answer you’re looking for? This is the 4th time in the last couple day’s now haha, I replied with a couple I think will play and you downvoted it and clearly no one else really knows.

1Xtra is such an unpredictable tent tbf, sometimes it’s very strong others it’s very weak. Plus most on here don’t spend much of the fest in the 1Xtra tent so won’t have the best idea. The only rapper I’d be sure will turn up somewhere is Trippie Redd. I’m confident he’ll be on the lineup with the fests he’s playing around R&L.

• Upvote 2