Lineup 2020

randlfan

10 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

What do people think about Lewis Capaldi possibly playing between LG and Gerry? (or even below Gerry, but I think Capaldi is a lot bigger). 

He's a weird one to place. I think the most likely scenario is that he just won't be playing Reading in the near future because I do suspect for him it would be headline or nothing. He'll probably stick to doing his own big shows now. The other major problem with that is that Gerry Cinnamon is almost definitely subbing and people are trying to force another act in above him (same thing happened with ADTR last year, it really isn't gonna happen).

Just now, NerdsNatterings said:

He's a weird one to place. I think the most likely scenario is that he just won't be playing Reading in the near future because I do suspect for him it would be headline or nothing. He'll probably stick to doing his own big shows now. The other major problem with that is that Gerry Cinnamon is almost definitely subbing and people are trying to force another act in above him (same thing happened with ADTR last year, it really isn't gonna happen).

Asap Rocky 

32 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I was just thinking because Capaldi had the beef with Noel before he would fit in well under Liam and he’s also become quite popular with the “dark fruits” crowd. Also he’s subbing IOW which has become a much smaller festival than R&L so he could possibly go under Gerry but I just don’t see how Gerry could be bigger personally with how big Capaldi has been in the charts. Also he played the BBC intro stage in 2017 and FR stage in 2018 so he did start off at R&L when he was much smaller. 

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

I was just thinking because Capaldi had the beef with Noel before he would fit in well under Liam and he’s also become quite popular with the “dark fruits” crowd. Also he’s subbing IOW which has become a much smaller festival than R&L so he could possibly go under Gerry but I just don’t see how Gerry could be bigger personally with how big Capaldi has been in the charts. Also he played the BBC intro stage in 2017 and FR stage in 2018 so he did start off at R&L when he was much smaller. 

He did start off at R&L but he's in a weird position now given that he's become insanely popular in the mainstream. Yeah if he played he'd honestly probably be the biggest name on his day. No idea where he would play to be honest, I do like the idea of him playing under Liam because of the Noel stuff but that will be very old news by Reading and I just can't see someone above Gerry

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Lewis Capaldi will not get booked at this. Not now, not ever.

Amen to that. He is the definition of main stream i know leeds has many pop acts but booking him would be next level. May aswell book ed sheeran or the script if they do that 🤢

Edited by Rhcp1

19 minutes ago, VCK said:

Lewis Capaldi is definitely headline sized now. He's everywhere at the moment.

Don’t think anyone is denying this, I think they’re saying he’s too mainstream for reading no matter how zeitgeist it gets. Similar to having Ed sheeran or Ariana grande headline; it just wouldn’t feel right. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I won’t be surprised if he coheadlines with his next album. He’s probably one of the hottest tickets around right now. Just wait until he pulls the biggest crowd of the weekend at Glastonbury this year!

For the same reason that Ed Sheeran hasn’t and will never headline Reading and Leeds, Lewis Capaldi isn’t gonna either. I know it’s moved towards booking more mainstream and chart dominant acts overt the last couple of years, but I don’t see them going down the whole solo sad lad route any time soon. It’s really not their vibe and their are tons of other festivals those acts are better suited to. 

Just now, RGG2002 said:

Don’t think anyone is denying this, I think they’re saying he’s too mainstream for reading no matter how zeitgeist it gets. Similar to having Ed sheeran or Ariana grande headline; it just wouldn’t feel right. 

Agreed. Because of that he won't be slotted in as a sub when he's that big.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

For the same reason that Ed Sheeran hasn’t and will never headline Reading and Leeds, Lewis Capaldi isn’t gonna either. I know it’s moved towards booking more mainstream and chart dominant acts overt the last couple of years, but I don’t see them going down the whole solo sad lad route any time soon. It’s really not their vibe and their are tons of other festivals those acts are better suited to. 

I can’t see Lewis moving onto stadiums. I think Ed Sheeran has a bit of a broader fanbase which is why he can do things like Wembley.

I think headlining big festivals will probably be the limit that Capaldi can do. Ed Sheeran never headliner R&L because he can do much much bigger.

I also think Lewis fits with R&L’s attendees nowadays better than Ed Sheeran did when he first blew up.

Also he’s playing pretty much every festival this year apart from R&L.

Edited by Matt42