Lineup 2020

randlfan

8 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Sorry been out of touch a little bit what major slots are we missing currently. From what I can see where missing either a sub, co-head or third down on main Saturday. Personally I think this might turn out to be a co-headline slot.

can’t see this at all but if this is the case then the lineup will immediately be made 10000 times better no matter who it is. but this DEFINITELY won’t happen

17 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

can’t see this at all but if this is the case then the lineup will immediately be made 10000 times better no matter who it is. but this DEFINITELY won’t happen

No way will the go head now, but Vampire Weekend i could see

Really hope IDLES finish during Courteeners as their small crowd on main will mean should be able to get front left no problem for RATM. 

Doubt most RATM will sit through Teeners in front left, the mad rush will be straight after Teeners finish.

Hopefully it'll be like 

IDLES 20.10-21.00

Courteeners 20.15-21.15

(AJ Tracey 22.00-23.00)

RATM 22.00 - 23.15

Edited by R Shah

11 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Really hope IDLES finish during Courteeners as their small crowd on main will mean should be able to get front left no problem for RATM. 

Doubt most RATM will sit through Teeners in front left, the mad rush will be straight after Teeners finish.

Hopefully it'll be like 

IDLES 20.10-21.00

Courteeners 20.15-21.15

(AJ Tracey 22.00-23.00)

RATM 22.00 - 23.15

Think it’s wishful thinking that Courteeners will get a small crowd, even at Reading. Last two times they played it’s been pretty busy 

8 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Think it’s wishful thinking that Courteeners will get a small crowd, even at Reading. Last two times they played it’s been pretty busy 

I heard last time at Reading it was pretty empty....only saw them in 2016 when they were 3rd down and was easy to get to front for RHCP. But true their stock has risen a lot since then 

22 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Hopefully it'll be like 

IDLES 20.10-21.00

Courteeners 20.15-21.15

(AJ Tracey 22.00-23.00)

RATM 22.00 - 23.15

Aj Tracey will play till 23.30

26 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

22.30-23-30

Can I just add if you all think this is the case idles surely aren’t subbing aj tracey to big of a gap and nme tend to have a quick turn around on that stage so that in mind are we expecting a closing set by somone or another band to be added to be placed in front of aj 

personally I see it going more along the lines of idles being 8:40-9:30 then aj on at 10-11 with rage starting around 9:40 and this will be Leeds times 

Just now, heartsink said:

Can I just add if you all think this is the case idles surely aren’t subbing aj tracey to big of a gap and nme tend to have a quick turn around on that stage so that in mind are we expecting a closing set by somone or another band to be added to be placed in front of aj 

personally I see it going more along the lines of idles being 8:40-9:30 then aj on at 10-11 with rage starting around 9:40 and this will be Leeds times 

What I ideally need is a situation where it's possible to see all of IDLES and get to the moshpit area for RATM in front left.

9 minutes ago, heartsink said:

I was just going on last years set times on that stage! 

• Dave 22.45-23.25
  • Mura Masa 22.30-23.30
  • Bastille 22.30-23.30

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

I heard last time at Reading it was pretty empty....only saw them in 2016 when they were 3rd down and was easy to get to front for RHCP. But true their stock has risen a lot since then 

Seemed pretty busy where I was, just think it might be a risky assumption to make 

2 hours ago, Festivalboi36 said:

Which Rap/Hip Hop acts do you guys think are yet to be announced and likely to play at R&L this year, as there’s most probs about 60-70 more names they’ve got to add yet to the lineup ?? 

Reckon it’s more like another 100 or so tbf. We’ve got lots to come. I’m expecting to see GoldLink on there as he’s around Europe at the time. Hoping for Earthgang too.

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Sorry been out of touch a little bit what major slots are we missing currently. From what I can see where missing either a sub, co-head or third down on main Saturday. Personally I think this might turn out to be a co-headline slot as I think Gerry would look perfect under a co-head, to big for third down and to small to be subbing. So co-heading with The Strokes or Biffy Clyro. I still think were missing plenty high up R1 stage dunno whats going on with the logos looks like they gone bit trigger happy. Still thinking Vampire Weekend could be a strong undercard for Liam Gallagher

The Strokes and Biffy are both bigger than LG... No chance they're subbing.

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Reckon it’s more like another 100 or so tbf. We’ve got lots to come. I’m expecting to see GoldLink on there as he’s around Europe at the time. Hoping for Earthgang too.

would expect to see yen cordae, ski mask, JID, Jay Rock and MAYBE Lil Uzi Vert because he pulled out last yea because his grandma was in hospital (allegedly) but he's booked for wireless (which he pulled out of too) so maybe he's making amends and is actually performing this year. The problem with Skepta was he had a contract with FR but pulled out because of a show in Nigeria which violates the contract terms, whereas Uzi had unforeseen circumstances.

Can also see Lizzo performing.

• Upvote 1

Who do people think might be still due to be announced (I know there’s likely to be a few but some ideas) I’d like to see Twin Atlantic, The Snuts, Pigeon Detecives and Circa Waves - all of them have tour tickets to sell before R&L so that could be a reason for holding some of them back. 

17 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Who do people think might be still due to be announced (I know there’s likely to be a few but some ideas) I’d like to see Twin Atlantic, The Snuts, Pigeon Detecives and Circa Waves - all of them have tour tickets to sell before R&L so that could be a reason for holding some of them back. 

They've all been announced for other festivals, so I doubt it's because of tours needing to happen.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

Also on this equality topic, shit like Aitch and Migos either shouldn’t be here or on the 1xtra stage

Get Aitch to headline it Against LG, then fill more main stage slots with women, Wolf Alice, Lizzo and Hayley Williams all should have big slots, but I don’t think, apart from Billie and maybe Dua Lipa, there are currently any female acts that could healdine. Haim should be subbing, Wolf Alice, Lizzo, Hayley third down or even the last two headline the tent

Also, Halsey, she’s an obvious artist who played the festival in 2017 I believe, subbing Haim on R1, she could quite easily fill that tent Against LG I think but they’ve gone for Rex, who I love to bits, but isn’t a festival artist, his songs are too slow, only a couple will create the atmosphere I’d look for

I also don’t think Florence will play now which is such a shame coz they’re so amazing live, but they’ve gone very mainstream and are more Glastonbury style now

I hope we get them one year but I think with every album we’re moving further away

Hopefully, 🤞🏼 🤞🏼 next year we get Billie as a headliner and many more women underneath 

And some more this year but there ain’t many big slots left

Why shouldn't they be there? Their music is obviously popular enough to warrant the slot they've been given (Aitch more so than Migos), just because they're men that means that they deserve a lower slot than women? 

I'm all for women playing in high up positions on the main stage etc etc but Reading & Leeds obviously feel that the most popular music at this current moment, from what was available, is what we've got. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, Gerard the Fab said:

Also on this equality topic, shit like Aitch and Migos either shouldn’t be here or on the 1xtra stage

Get Aitch to headline it Against LG, then fill more main stage slots with women, Wolf Alice, Lizzo and Hayley Williams all should have big slots, but I don’t think, apart from Billie and maybe Dua Lipa, there are currently any female acts that could healdine. Haim should be subbing, Wolf Alice, Lizzo, Hayley third down or even the last two headline the tent

Also, Halsey, she’s an obvious artist who played the festival in 2017 I believe, subbing Haim on R1, she could quite easily fill that tent Against LG I think but they’ve gone for Rex, who I love to bits, but isn’t a festival artist, his songs are too slow, only a couple will create the atmosphere I’d look for

I also don’t think Florence will play now which is such a shame coz they’re so amazing live, but they’ve gone very mainstream and are more Glastonbury style now

I hope we get them one year but I think with every album we’re moving further away

Hopefully, 🤞🏼 🤞🏼 next year we get Billie as a headliner and many more women underneath 

And some more this year but there ain’t many big slots left

Aitch and migos are way too big for the 1xtra stage. Aitch packed the R1 tent from what I remember from last year