Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Lorde could probably headline could she not?  

Deffo co. Her and BMTH would’ve been an interesting combo 

I would of said so a few years ago but I feel her fan base is growing nicher and nicher.

The next female headliner they will go ham to try and book will be Billie Eilish.

They will have to compete with Glastonbury’s pitch though. Which will be interesting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they let Glastonbury have her first and then book her the year after. Fitting with their pattern of booking Glasto headliners the following year.

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would of said so a few years ago but I feel her fan base is growing nicher and nicher.

The next female headliner they will go ham to try and book will be Billie Eilish.

They will have to compete with Glastonbury’s pitch though. Which will be interesting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they let Glastonbury have her first and then book her the year after. Fitting with their pattern of booking Glasto headliners the following year.

I can’t see Glasto taking a shot in the dark and giving her her first headline performance, if anything I think Glasto after Readinf

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

There’s no women in Courteeners. Maybe a touring member I don’t know I’ve never had any intention to see them but there’s deffo no women in the actual band.

They've added pianist Elina Lin into the band, i believe she's helped work on the most recent album and at every show of theirs i've been to since they have made a big deal of introducing her to the crowd as the newest member of Courteeners

For all you Leeds regulars, what are the chances of the Friday (Rage) day tickets selling out and how fast? 

I have a dilemma as I am waiting to see if the Rage playing Summer Sessions (Glasgow) rumour comes true as it will be a lot easier for me to get to, also I feel the fully Rage specific crowd would be better. I do not heowver want to miss the fall back of Leeds if this does not transpire. 

Any thoughts/opinions would be well received. 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

2 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

For all you Leeds regulars, what are the chances of the Friday (Rage) day tickets selling out and how fast? 

I have a dilemma as I am waiting to see if the Rage playing Summer Sessions (Glasgow) rumour comes true as it will be a lot easier for me to get to, also I feel the fully Rage specific crowd would be better. I do not heowver want to miss the fall back of Leeds if this does not transpire. 

Any thoughts/opinions would be well received. 

Last year, the Post Malone day sold out about 2 weeks before the festival. The other 2 days still hadn't sold out at that point. Post Malone, Billie Eilish and AJ Tracey all being on the same day and all being massively popular with the main demographic of Leeds fest would have helped sell out that day. Doesn't look like any of the days in 2018 sold out.

I'd think the majority of people going to Friday this year will be going solely for RATM, and anybody else would be a bonus since the undercard isn't that great and doesn't really appeal to RATM fans (in my opinion anyway). Since most Rage fans will be desperate to see them and won't want to risk missing what might be the only chance in the UK, I'd guess most people going that day already have their tickets. Since they aren't sold out yet, I'd guess you'll be safe waiting for a while!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Calling it: R&L will have Billie headline come the next album. Glastonbury won’t ever have her, at least not this early in her career. Maybe if she stands the test of time then later down the line.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Calling it: R&L will have Billie headline come the next album. Glastonbury won’t ever have her, at least not this early in her career. Maybe if she stands the test of time then later down the line.

Hmm I don’t think so. I think Emily likes her too much to let her slip out of her fingers 

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Feel like they need some more acts on Friday then too for dark fruits. TDCC aren't quite it. Leeds day tickets would sell very quickly if it was LG / Teeners / Gerry

There’s TDCC and Sam Fender. Not the most dark fruits. But they fit the right genre

22 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

So like this area here? Makes sense seeing how the guest area entrance is there too.65E8DFCF-42EF-4EAA-82A6-922291773E35.thumb.jpeg.2b8b64e8447f84452109bf74870ac818.jpeg

nah mate, not a chance. it'll be on stage (as the email said) on the side. it's expensive so it will be an exclusive experience where you get to watch in the area where the other bands/family members watch from. honestly, don't worry about it.

4 minutes ago, Tosun said:

nah mate, not a chance. it'll be on stage (as the email said) on the side. it's expensive so it will be an exclusive experience where you get to watch in the area where the other bands/family members watch from. honestly, don't worry about it.

They said in the email that it’s between the barriers though. If it was on stage they’d sell it as that rather than saying it’s after the barriers as they want people to pay stupid money for it. 

Sorry been out of touch a little bit what major slots are we missing currently. From what I can see where missing either a sub, co-head or third down on main Saturday. Personally I think this might turn out to be a co-headline slot as I think Gerry would look perfect under a co-head, to big for third down and to small to be subbing. So co-heading with The Strokes or Biffy Clyro. I still think were missing plenty high up R1 stage dunno whats going on with the logos looks like they gone bit trigger happy. Still thinking Vampire Weekend could be a strong undercard for Liam Gallagher

Edited by Dim Sum