Lineup 2020

randlfan

53 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

That’s not right because there’s a woman in the Courteeners and they weren’t on that poster. 

There’s no women in Courteeners. Maybe a touring member I don’t know I’ve never had any intention to see them but there’s deffo no women in the actual band.

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

If the 1xtra stage does finish before main stage on the Stormzy day it will be interesting to see how many people go see Denzel Curry over Migos

Me and all my mates who are rap fans for one haha

32 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

They're fairly different styles of rap at least so I don't think it will be a major clash for too many. 

Really hoping I can make both Denzel and JPEG

Yeah same here. Ideally I’d like to see Stormzy too but that’ll be tough. Hoping Denzel finishes before Stormzy, I’ll watch first half of Stormzy then go catch Peggy

2 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

If the 1xtra stage does finish before main stage on the Stormzy day it will be interesting to see how many people go see Denzel Curry over Migos

Anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together 

Seriously, what they're doing in that slot over literally any other rap artists on the bill hurts my head

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Who from the trnsmt lineup could we get.

Only just seen the lineup couldn't believe the over lap there is with that lineup and this one, I'd love Loyle Carner but i don't think that'll happen... I'd love Lewis Capaldi but i don't think that will happen.. maybe Foals... Blossoms... twin atlantic.. Damn maybe i should just go to TRNSMT

32 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Off topic, but anyone listened to Tame Impala's new album yet?

Thoughts on them headlining 2021?

That’s a dream for next year, but they’d have to play in the dark, so either co headline and close both or headline outright

Would say then and BMTH, but it seems the Bring Me wanna headline outright

23 minutes ago, defender4 said:

fellas my friends are refusing to get an early bird but i really want one because i don’t wanna be camping next to a toilet lmfao

what do

Take the rough with the smooth, look at it his way; first dibs when you need a shit

Seriously though, reading or leeds? If leeds you'll be find if you get there pretty early on the Thursday.

I think you can get in at something stupid like 2am as well?

24 minutes ago, defender4 said:

fellas my friends are refusing to get an early bird but i really want one because i don’t wanna be camping next to a toilet lmfao

what do

Didn’t get early bird last year and showed up relatively late Thursday, still got a decent spot in white which was big enough for like 7/8 tents

Also on this equality topic, shit like Aitch and Migos either shouldn’t be here or on the 1xtra stage

Get Aitch to headline it Against LG, then fill more main stage slots with women, Wolf Alice, Lizzo and Hayley Williams all should have big slots, but I don’t think, apart from Billie and maybe Dua Lipa, there are currently any female acts that could healdine. Haim should be subbing, Wolf Alice, Lizzo, Hayley third down or even the last two headline the tent

Also, Halsey, she’s an obvious artist who played the festival in 2017 I believe, subbing Haim on R1, she could quite easily fill that tent Against LG I think but they’ve gone for Rex, who I love to bits, but isn’t a festival artist, his songs are too slow, only a couple will create the atmosphere I’d look for

I also don’t think Florence will play now which is such a shame coz they’re so amazing live, but they’ve gone very mainstream and are more Glastonbury style now

I hope we get them one year but I think with every album we’re moving further away

Hopefully, 🤞🏼 🤞🏼 next year we get Billie as a headliner and many more women underneath 

And some more this year but there ain’t many big slots left

31 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Take the rough with the smooth, look at it his way; first dibs when you need a shit

Seriously though, reading or leeds? If leeds you'll be find if you get there pretty early on the Thursday.

I think you can get in at something stupid like 2am as well?

reading mate, and i’m travelling from essex

Edited by defender4

13 hours ago, Hardeevan said:

Unpopular opinion: RandL is an alternative festival. It is not and never has been a pop festival so I really don't understand why we'd have Taylor swift or ariana grande suddenly, in the same way that we wouldn't have George Ezra or Justin Bieber. This doesn't mean or wolf Alice or Billie shouldn't be there to provide some balance though.

I don’t think there’s anything to indicate they are going in that direction. I think they leave the big pop books to Glastonbury, BST to deal with. It’s probably too much hassle for R&L.

They might book some smaller pop acts across the bill but I don’t think R&L will be roping in any massive pop acts. There’s nothing to indicate they are going in that direction either. The closest they might get to that is Lewis Capaldi, Halsey etc - but you’re not going to get a stadium or huge arena tour selling pop artist at R&L. 

If they were going to start they’d have more competition. They compete well with Wireless because Wireless sells well when they book the more grassroots UK Hip Hop / Grime artists. Wireless do not necessarily need to rope in Kanye, Drake etc every year to sell out. They could book someone like J Hus to headline and it would probably sell out.

14 hours ago, dum surfer said:

YES! Festival Republic just need to fucking do it, Ari for 2021

Fuck no. 

it’s what killed V festival off and will kill Reading too as soon as there’s a switch in fashion. 

So many festivals that have relied solely on fashion have come and gone. Reading needs to retain its edge as an alternative music festival even in these times, where kids are much more genre agnostic. 

The likes of Bieber and Grande headlining would be the start of the end for a festival who’s popularity relies on its history as much as anything to shift the tickets it does. If it becomes just another festival solely pandering to what’s top of the charts it’s time is up

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1