Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I don't think it was insulting. She was nowhere near big enough to coheadline when FR booked her. No one expected her popularity would grow so much (and in such short time).

Yep and some huge artists have played in there before they get too big like Arctic Monkeys, Muse, kasabian, primal scream, the 1975, etc.

I think in general it's harder to book festivals these days because of the rate artists popularity increases on the internet 

Ariana Grande / The Killers / Billie Eilish for 2021, get two in one year if they're both available to make up for only having two in the last 22 years and that would be one hell of a trio too

Edit: also would just like to note that in the same amount of time, Glastonbury who are now aiming for a 50/50 split have only had 5 female headliners in 22 years, i imagine more festivals are going to follow in Glastonbury's and Primaveras footsteps whether R&L will or not is up for debate, we'll just have to wait and see but with Melvin working on his project 'Rebalance' he obviously wants to improve the current state of things when it comes to inequality on lineups

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

At the end of the day, the festival are just booking people who they think will sell tickets, it’s as simple as that really. Yes, there are female bands out there but obviously they couldn’t get them for what they wanted to, there was a scheduling clash or they simply would not shift tickets. People are acting as if the boilers are just misogynistic men who purposely book acts just because they’re men. 

Unpopular opinion: RandL is an alternative festival. It is not and never has been a pop festival so I really don't understand why we'd have Taylor swift or ariana grande suddenly, in the same way that we wouldn't have George Ezra or Justin Bieber. This doesn't mean or wolf Alice or Billie shouldn't be there to provide some balance though.

1 hour ago, syc1818 said:

Walk it, like I talk it (walk it)
Walk it, like I talk it
Walk it, walk it like I talk it (woo!)
Walk it, like I talk it (yeah!)
Walk it, like I talk it (walk it)
Walk it, like I talk it
Walk it, walk it like I talk it (woo!)

I like a lot of new American rap but Migos are absolutely dreadful. Baffles me why they didn't try get Dave or Brockhampton to sub

Yeah I’ve tried to be open minded and give all the acts I’m unfamiliar with a fair chance, some I’m clicking with, some aren’t really my cup of tea, whereas Migos are perhaps the one act who I think are objectively awful. How they’ve managed to get that far up the bill is beyond me. 

Look, I’m all for getting some female talent on the lineup (Hayley Williams and Dodie are two people I definitely think should be on the lineup, and from what I’ve heard, Wolf Alice are a deserving band. It does also sadden me that Florence + The Machine never headlined, but I think that ship has sailed. Can guarantee Billie Eilish will get her moment), but please, Ariana Grande headlining Reading and Leeds? It just is not the type of festival for her to headline. 

1 minute ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I read it as that tower in the middle, with the great view of the stage? Although I’d rather be in the pit to be honest!

How many people would you get on there? They would definitely sell more than capacity. Imagine for the likes of rage places would be snapped up hours before and a complete waste of 180 quid for people who have paid 😆

5 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Look, I’m all for getting some female talent on the lineup (Hayley Williams and Dodie are two people I definitely think should be on the lineup, and from what I’ve heard, Wolf Alice are a deserving band. It does also sadden me that Florence + The Machine never headlined, but I think that ship has sailed. Can guarantee Billie Eilish will get her moment), but please, Ariana Grande headlining Reading and Leeds? It just is not the type of festival for her to headline. 

Yeah but there isn't one bad song on 'thank u, next' and i wanna hear her perform it on mainstage so i'm going to ignore your very true point and continue dreaming

• Like 1

I know the lock up / pit has taken a bit of a kicking these last few years (myself certainly included) but the Rage day has a bloody excellent lineup already. Black Peaks, Ho99o9, Creeper and Fever 333 is a mad run. I’d like to see some other decent bands added to that day, like Higher Power, Loathe and Lotus Eater. Even whack a rapper on there like Lil Lotus in a big slot because he would pull a crowd.

The first three I mentioned are UK based which is what I think that stage should aim for; presenting some of the most exciting UK bands available. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Chewiechamp said:

How many people would you get on there? They would definitely sell more than capacity. Imagine for the likes of rage places would be snapped up hours before and a complete waste of 180 quid for people who have paid 😆

I honestly couldn’t even take a guess at the number to be honest, it’s really hard to tell just by looking at. I can’t even remember if there are different levels on it for more people to potentially access it.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I know the lock up / pit has taken a bit of a kicking these last few years (myself certainly included) but the Rage day has a bloody excellent lineup already. Black Peaks, Ho99o9, Creeper and Fever 333 is a mad run. I’d like to see some other decent bands added to that day, like Higher Power, Loathe and Lotus Eater. Even whack a rapper on there like Lil Lotus in a big slot because he would pull a crowd.

The first three I mentioned are UK based which is what I think that stage should aim for; presenting some of the most exciting UK bands available. 

Yeah, some great bands on the lockup/pit this year (though , as much as I’m a fan, Gallows shouldn’t be headlining)

Dont agree with another rapper being added though, there’s a dearth of Rock /metal/punk bands as it is without another slot being taken away. There’s plenty of other stages for rappers to be added, they can add all the ‘lil’s’ they want on another stage haha.

15 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

I know the poster we've seen about contains any act with even one member identifying as female or non binary (that's how I saw it explained)

If you only counted acts with a female lead there would be even fewer.

That’s not right because there’s a woman in the Courteeners and they weren’t on that poster.