Lineup 2020

randlfan

10 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Anyone want a Reading weekend ticket through my ambassador scheme? 😅

Wouldn’t advertise it on here. You’re not allowed to publicly advertise it goes against th rules and can have your thing cancelled. Just warning ya as it happened to a mate last year 

On the subject of the viewing platforms, haven't there always been viewing platforms on the main stage (one on each side) and at the back of the tents? I vaguely remember something being there... 

They were a lot further back though, not in front of the 2nd barrier, like by the sound bit. 

Edited by BeddingatReading

14 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

On the subject of the viewing platforms, haven't there always been viewing platforms on the main stage (one on each side) and at the back of the tents? I vaguely remember something being there... 

They were a lot further back though, not in front of the 2nd barrier, like by the sound bit. 

Is it not just the raised platform in the middle of the mainstage area?
This thing with the screen on the back?
post malone

Edited by jcarb

16 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yes, but they are disabled access platforms, not ones anyone can pay extra for

18 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Is that where Billie Eilish stood watching Twenty One Pilots ?

3 minutes ago, jcarb said:

post malone

I hope so, but who would pay twice the price of their ticket to be there ?

Edited by Isambard

4 minutes ago, jcarb said:

post malone

Oh yeah I meant the things to either side of it - I think that may have been the disabled platform mentioned earlier. Although I thought it was for disabled and guests - idk. 

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

Oh yeah I meant the things to either side of it - I think that may have been the disabled platform mentioned earlier. Although I thought it was for disabled and guests - idk. 

I'm guessing it is that central viewing platform as a means to make some more money.
They definitely must have blown a fair chunk getting RATM now they're adding extras like this that were always free in the past.

Sorry if this has been asked before but out of interest what did everyone think of the "pit" area last year with the turnstiles to the main stage? I thought it was a great idea personally, stopped people causing crushing half way through a band and just being idiots ruining the experience if they were only in there for the next act. 

2 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Some of the comments I've seen going around defending him on the basis of being drunk honestly worry me more than the actual incident. He has a tonne of young fans who seem to think that acting like that when you're drunk is okay. I can see him coming back from it but he has to take responsibility because the impression he's giving is harmful as fuck. 

I think this is spot on. He has to come out and address it.

I really don't think he should be dropped from the R&L lineup though - that would set a pretty difficult precedent, and if that's the road we're going down, we'll have to address Migos and their extensive history of run-ins with the law, or how the fact that one of the subs for the 2nd biggest stage is currently in prison. Please, let's have some common sense here. 

On a sidenote, that article is misleading - it wasn't a comment from someone that he took issue with, it was the fact that he threw a microphone and drink at him.

21 minutes ago, defender4 said:

yeah especially at a band like rage

fuck they’d probably stop playing and call for people to come forward lmfao 

You love to see it

9 minutes ago, defender4 said:

i’m a bit like, conflicted

yeah i’m going and i’m looking forward to it because i know it’ll be mad but a lot of people i know aren’t going because this lineups just a bit w*nk tbh lmfao

I think the lineups alright, there’s definitely a few artists I wanna see each day plus more to come out

14 minutes ago, defender4 said:

i’m a bit like, conflicted

yeah i’m going and i’m looking forward to it because i know it’ll be mad but a lot of people i know aren’t going because this lineups just a bit w*nk tbh lmfao

Don't forget we have less than half of the line up.  Could be some good surprises to come :)

19 minutes ago, Metalupyourass97 said:

If you actually have to pay to get the the front I'm fully stabbing someone to get close for rage against the machine that's fucking bullshit

killing in the name of a good view

nah it would be a reaaaally fucking bad move to restrict half the arena 

• Like 1

Weekend ticket purchased for my first time at Leeds Festival! Few of the boys making the trip from Scotland.

Going to have to do plenty listening for bands that I haven’t heard of but there is definitely enough to keep me interested over the weekend. Buzzing for RATM.

In past years, when has the “full lineup” been released?