Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 hours ago, Miyn said:

Foals are pretty damn big. They sold out two nights at Ally Pally on their last tour. They managed to draw a huge crowd as a secret set at Glastonbury last year, around 80,000 showed up. They are definitely still headliner material. 

m953qy71iy731.jpg

Was there. Fun set. Would put money on saying there wasnt 80k people. That area can't even hold 30-40k. 

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Monthly Listeners on Spotify:

Stormzy: 13,584,691 

Rage Against The Machine: 6,532,034

Liam Gallagher: 1,653,912

Liam is by far the weakest out of the three. He wouldn't be headlining if it wasn't for Oasis. Is there many people who are going to be like "No Liam! Don't play another Oasis song, play one of your new solo album!" People are going to see Oasis songs, not his singles.

Are these numbers correct?

Apologies if I’m reading these numbers incorrectly but, if they are correct,I find it absolutely incredible how RATM are still getting half the listeners of hot flavour of the moment Stormzy despite not releasing anything for 20 years.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Apologies if I’m reading these numbers incorrectly but, if they are correct,I find it absolutely incredible how RATM are still getting half the listeners of hot flavour of the moment Stormzy despite not releasing anything for 20 years.

Worth a look at the 'where people listen' bit on Spotify. All of Rage's top 5 places abroad (top 4 in the Americas), Stormzy has 3 of his top 5 in UK and Ireland. Rage's numbers are impressive but the gap would be quite a bit bigger if based on UK listeners

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

yes mate

it’s also important to remember oasis still has 14 million listeners so like, it’s a given that liam will play some

4C997B2B-4B72-43EC-A116-E45142C047D9.png

F96A2971-1B47-495B-832D-DE2393180990.png

1F81FB12-F060-46AA-B3AF-8BD6CD82107B.png

5 hours ago, Sam Y said:

Foals could sub Liam? Also could see the strokes being a secret. I can also see Lewis Capaldi, Glass Animals, Little Simz, Loyal Carner and Jade Bird playing.

Gerry Cinnamon is subbing Liam. Also no way Lewis Capaldi plays, he's way too big for any slot left.

3 hours ago, Sam Y said:

They’re subbing him at trnsmt

The sub is literally already announced. Don't get your hopes up, it ain't happening. 

While I agree with what people are saying that the sub is most likely announced in Gerry, don’t be so certain and decisive about it. We all thought Dua Lipa was subbing the co-head/third down in 2018 as she had a logo but was bumped down a lot neater the festival when N.E.R.D. Were announced.

Its quite unlikely but still a possibility.

Spotify doesn’t mean shit.

Stormzy gets high streaming figures because he’s a Radio 1 darling. His music is probably found in all the popular music playlists.

Rage are an international act. Their listeners will be all across the world not just in the UK.

Liam Gallaghers fans probably don’t give a shit about his new music. Also they are probably streaming Oasis songs not Liam lol.

Well, all stations go tomorrow when tickets go live. Me and a mate are getting a day ticket for Leeds Friday purely to see Rage (he also really likes IDLES, although I'm not so keen), and I'm buzzing for it.

For anyone else going purely for Rage, I will hopefully see some of you crazy bastards in the pit 😉

I've been on this forum for about fifteen years and I can't remember the last time this place went mental over a headliner being announced like it did with Rage. Not even when they last played in 2008?

Maybe Radiohead in 2009? Pearl Jam 2006? I don't recall it being like that though. This topic read like a matchday thread on a football team's forum when said team scored a last minute winner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VCK said:

I've been on this forum for about fifteen years and I can't remember the last time this place went mental over a headliner being announced like it did with Rage. Not even when they last played in 2008?

Maybe Radiohead in 2009? Pearl Jam 2006? I don't recall it being like that though. This topic read like a matchday thread on a football team's forum when said team scored a last minute winner.

Honestly I was in the car and it just slowly built to that rolling stone article, them were the times 

Gerry will sub, I think of 2 obvious candidates to play before him:

Frank Turner and the sleeping souls: Frank played R&L for 10 years in a row but has now missed the last 3. He will surely return at some point and playing 3rd down makes sense.

DMAs: Maybe a slight stretch to put them 3rd but they are playing Brixton and Ally Pally this year which puts them on par with 3rd down regulars like the Vaccines, Blossoms and the Wombats. With LG and Gerry playing, the dark fruits brigade will be out in force on day tickets so adding DMAs would make sense.

4 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Yikes, don’t worry saw the second video.

Do you reckon they’ll actually drop him from the lineup for that?

How he was to Katherine Ryan was pretty fucking bad. As it was the NME awards I imagine the crowd was full of festival bookers.

Time will tell.