Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, Sam Y said:

I reckon they could be a glorified sub

They'd definitely make a big deal out of them if they did get them to sub, similar to Royal Blood. Or a co-headline but I couldnt see them closing either site. Honestly don't think they're as big of a draw as some people seem to think. Sad really, because I adored their 2016 headline set (got fond memories as it was my first festival headline set I ever saw).

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Foals are pretty damn big. They sold out two nights at Ally Pally on their last tour. They managed to draw a huge crowd as a secret set at Glastonbury last year, around 80,000 showed up. They are definitely still headliner material. 

m953qy71iy731.jpg

2 nights at Ally Pally makes you headline material? I'll let Sam Fender know (and I'm sure a load of other acts).

Foals are subbing TRSNMT. They'd be a weak as hell headliner now (not that I can't see them being booked, just if they were to headline it wouldn't be a strong booking). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Foals are pretty damn big. They sold out two nights at Ally Pally on their last tour. They managed to draw a huge crowd as a secret set at Glastonbury last year, around 80,000 showed up. They are definitely still headliner material. 

m953qy71iy731.jpg

Sam fender was meant to be playing to 30k people in the space of two months in London

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Has there ever been an act that has headlined and come back as a sub or lower?

There has been a few yeah, The Prodigy and Manic Street Preachers off the top of my head. But no there hasn't been anyone who's headlined in the last 10 years at least who's done it.

I could definitely see The Libertines taking a lower slot in the coming years.

3 hours ago, lukecork said:

Fair enough! I think it's more competition then sharing though, I imagine bands go for the bigger  pay day. I doubt R&L go for any outbreak bands though.

Yeah that's what I was trying to get out but worded it poorly ahaha and I don't even think it's mainly the payday. Outbreak has a good relationship with a lot of these bands. Like. that time Title Fight played in 2017 was an eu exclusive and they only played a handful of shows overall that year. Also there is that, apart from the big names like Knocked Loose and Turnstile I don't really think many other festivals are bothered

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

Foals aren't going to happen. They co-headlined in 2016. They've had two albums since then that went #2 and #1 in the UK respectively. They are not gonna take a slot under Liam, not a chance.

Give it a rest let people speculate that’s the whole point of the forum 

that slot under liam they aren’t gona take well they have took such slot at transmit festival so wind it in 

Gerry cinnamon is brilliant live and is perfect to go on before Liam, if you haven’t seen him before go and watch and you’ll most likely be pleasantly surprised, the fact we have people in this forum saying Liam is a weak headliner is embarrassing but would champion post malone and billie ellish to headline just doesn’t make sense at all! Liam will sing his best singles with some oasis and everyone will love it 🤷🏼‍♂️

21 minutes ago, heartsink said:

the fact we have people in this forum saying Liam is a weak headliner is embarrassing but would champion post malone and billie ellish to headline just doesn’t make sense at all! Liam will sing his best singles

Monthly Listeners on Spotify:

Stormzy: 13,584,691 

Rage Against The Machine: 6,532,034

Liam Gallagher: 1,653,912

Liam is by far the weakest out of the three. He wouldn't be headlining if it wasn't for Oasis. Is there many people who are going to be like "No Liam! Don't play another Oasis song, play one of your new solo album!" People are going to see Oasis songs, not his singles.

Edited by Miyn

31 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Give it a rest let people speculate that’s the whole point of the forum 

that slot under liam they aren’t gona take well they have took such slot at transmit festival so wind it in 

TRNSMT also has Courteneers headlining based on their reception in that part of the country. I don't see any possibility where Foals took a slot lower than headliner at Reading now, but then judging by my avatar I'm clearly biased.

Edited by mttJ

37 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Monthly Listeners on Spotify:

Stormzy: 13,584,691 

Rage Against The Machine: 6,532,034

Liam Gallagher: 1,653,912

Liam is by far the weakest out of the three. He wouldn't be headlining if it wasn't for Oasis. Is there many people who are going to be like "No Liam! Don't play another Oasis song, play one of your new solo album!" People are going to see Oasis songs, not his singles.

Yes, but that’s Liam Gallagher songs. There’s no way he’d be headlining if it wasn’t for the back catalogue of Oasis songs he’ll undoubtedly play.  I’ve not looked but I’m sure they’ll be plenty of other acts on the bill with way more listens on Spotify. 

Add Oasis songs to that and you might have a meaningful stat

Edited by rfc_478