Lineup 2020

randlfan

55 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Do you know if Daniel P Carter still has anything to do with the booking?

I'm sure I can remember him having some influence back in 2016/17

He still does, was clearly a bit pissed off about the soundcloud rappers that were obviously not his choice last year as he was tweeting out the line up for his stage every morning and referred to them as 'etc.'

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

I wish I had listened to Mura Masa before his set. Really into him now and am thinking about going to his Ally Pally show too.

Mura Masa was quality wasn’t he? I’d seen Postie twice and wasn’t fussed so went with Mura Masa only knowing a couple songs but hearing he put on a sick show. Deffo didn’t disappoint! But to be absolutely fair, it was my birthday that day and I don’t remember much from that specific day. Whatever happened that set though converted me into a Mura masa fan lmao.

wasnt the biggest fan of the new album though I must say. The ones with Slowthai and Claire were the only ones I really liked!

Newbie here, being 20 I'm not as pleased with this line up as I was last years however I still think this years line up is amazing and will be going to reading for a 3rd time (tbh the music is 25% of the experience anyway).

When do we usually get another line up drop - I do like this year but feel like I need a couple more good names to make it feel really worth it

and do we really get big names in the second lineup drop? 

55 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

He still does, was clearly a bit pissed off about the soundcloud rappers that were obviously not his choice last year as he was tweeting out the line up for his stage every morning and referred to them as 'etc.'

He plays a lot of those rappers on his show so he must have a hand in booking some of them. 

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Do you know if Daniel P Carter still has anything to do with the booking?

I'm sure I can remember him having some influence back in 2016/17

Pretty sure he still does. He's always done the pit since it first started in 2013 where it was one day and when the Radio 1 Punk show ended Mike Davies stopped booking The Lock Up and it went to one day and The Pit to two from 2015 onwards. 

1 hour ago, lukecork said:

Don't think they've had exclusive acts for a while. Would make a difference if it was closer so bands aren't flying home June and back in August aha.

I remember Dan P carter took over in 2014 but not sure how long that lasted, I thought he'd be able put on some stacked days given all his contacts and good rep.

Trapped Under Ice is an EU exclusive and Incendiary and All Out War are both UK exlcusives so they are still doing them for the bigger bands, no point in the smaller ones since they're not gonna be at any other festival. I'm convinced that them at 2000trees have some sort of deal/relationship going on as one Outbreaker headliner has always played there from 2018 onwards and no other festival. I mean, Turnstile only recently played Slam Dunk recently because of Outbreak. I remember hearing that Turnstile were booked to play one year (2016 I think) but Outbreak kicked up a fuss with them so they pulled out (don't know if this is entirely true or how it went down). I really don't think they'd be so keen with them sharing acts with another festival in Yorkshire.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It says in the press release this is the last show tba.

Omg all those fans who brought tickets for the 1st show on sat 20th thinking it would be THE 1st show in the UK.... until they announced Thurs 18th.  And now Tues 16th.  Wtf !  Twickets will be bouncing again.  More planning needed guys please.  All of us here in Ireland brought MK tickets and some even booked flights/ ferries. And then they announced Dublin 

1 minute ago, Isambard said:

Omg all those fans who brought tickets for the 1st show on sat 20th thinking it would be THE 1st show in the UK.... until they announced Thurs 18th.  And now Tues 16th.  Wtf !  Twickets will be bouncing again.  More planning needed guys please.  All of us here in Ireland brought MK tickets and some even booked flights/ ferries. And then they announced Dublin 

Sounds like clever management to me