Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, Andre91 said:

Stages closing early? The same bands repeated in high slots every 2/3 years? Downleeds is real :P 

For what its worth this year is actually quite good for repeated bands - tdcc, LG, courteeners and thats it really near the top.

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

R&L clearly have no intention of bumping them up. They don't value them enough to have the sub. 

I think they could have been - its just they needed Migos to convince stormzy fans to see him twice I reckon?

Also looking forward to 2021 all the shite manchester bands are playing this year so next year should be good... arctics i reckon

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They're already in that spot. Also, headlining Y NOT and R&L are worlds apart.

Although Y NOT so a better lineup this year.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Code Orange will likely be at Knotfest and with Knocked Loose being over here for Outbreak in June, I doubt they would make the trip back over here two months later for a half an hour slot in a half empty tent. I think that we will see more British based bands added to the Pit/Lockup but not many American or Canadian bands. 

I think BMTH, Papa Roach and Code Orange as mentioned will be the supports.

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

about 1% of people who buy two door tickets buy them because they have fifa songs. also they haven't released 'catch' singles since Tourist History - they were my favourite band for ages but like listen to everyone else as they are just like the wombats or kooks, just a bit more modern sounding. They will continue to grow and few people wouldn't see them which is why they always pack out main but they won't grow past sub unless tourist history 2 happens but that kind of thing never happens (AM after 5 years of not very commercial songs is an example but like arctics are clearly a different beast to tdcc)

it literally sold out last year

Leeds didn’t?? 

2 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Leeds didn’t?? 

Leeds is leeds - what they are doing is in the right direction and like lets be honest if any lineup is going to sell leeds out this year its this - gerry, lg and courteeners + rage too to bring people back. Reading sold out for the first time in years early and that means Leeds most likely had better sales than usual too

13 minutes ago, stanh said:

yeah i know that, just saying it isn't the best thing to happen - like i get that it saves them money booking a band that'll perform to a semi empty tent, but, it'd be good to see the money saved from that go towards generally better acts during the days that are a bit more strong (if that makes sense?) 

The money saved from like 4 small tent acts wouldn't add up to a whole lot I reckon, considering its the 4 earliest acts dumped and the whole lineup seemingly moved earlier in the day. Probably a couple thousand or am i being stupid? not a lot anyway

24 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Code Orange will likely be at Knotfest and with Knocked Loose being over here for Outbreak in June, I doubt they would make the trip back over here two months later for a half an hour slot in a half empty tent. I think that we will see more British based bands added to the Pit/Lockup but not many American or Canadian bands. 

Could maybe see Higher Power there, I know they’re at download but with the new album I could see them wanting to play as many fests as possible.

Possibly we could see Jesus Piece tho they might be too heavy, even for the pit.

Hopefully we could see Broken Teeth or Big cheese there, just hoping for some hardcore really!

6 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

Could maybe see Higher Power there, I know they’re at download but with the new album I could see them wanting to play as many fests as possible.

Possibly we could see Jesus Piece tho they might be too heavy, even for the pit.

Hopefully we could see Broken Teeth or Big cheese there, just hoping for some hardcore really!

We need some hardcore in the pit to spice things up a bit.

Have to say it's looking a little bland so far.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

Leeds is leeds - 

Not entirely sure what that means but in terms of comparing Reading to Leeds, Leeds is by far the better festival experience not only do they have the same acts (obviously) they also have late night acts in the festival republic stage and 1extra usually goes untill 3am and the acts are decent well known acts they’ve had Wiley, Mike skinner, Haim to name a few I can remember a silent disco the relentless stage in the woods (with high calibre of djs) till 3am, an outdoor rave in another area again till 3am , the Piccadilly party which goes untill 6am not to mention the fair campsite djs and various other things in the village comparing that with reading and it’s two silent discos Leeds is on a totally different level 

leeds should be selling out especially with all them extras so why aren’t they 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s got to be the choice of acts 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Post Malone demanded no indie/rock acts clashed with him. I think the pit/fr probably close early just so the artists can see RATM (and like they would be pretty empty if they were open anyway)

Is that right? Why in earth would Post Malone demand that no rock acts clash with him? Spite? Haha 

I got an early night that night which is no bad thing at my age, ha ha, but would have preferred a rock(or indie) alternative 

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Is that right? Why in earth would Post Malone demand that no rock acts clash with him? Spite? Haha 

I got an early night that night which is no bad thing at my age, ha ha, but would have preferred a rock(or indie) alternative 

I was honestly so annoyed at the lack of alternatives, it was Mura Masa or Andy C neither of which interested me, could’ve done with a indie band in the R1

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I was honestly so annoyed at the lack of alternatives, it was Mura Masa or Andy C neither of which interested me, could’ve done with a indie band in the R1

I wish I had listened to Mura Masa before his set. Really into him now and am thinking about going to his Ally Pally show too.

38 minutes ago, lukecork said:

The pit needs bands like Everytime I Die, Stray from the path, Frank Carter & Rattle snakes, Terror, Turnstile.

Mental energetic bands, think it was ETID that do pits round the legs of the tents.

Shame Outbreak is so early.

It really wouldn't make a difference if Outbreak was closer to R&L given how much they make nearly every act an exclusive. The only festival they "share" with is 2000trees.

Also surprised that ETID haven't played since 2014. They used to play pretty much every other year but that was back when Mike Davies booked The Lock Up and it ran for 2 days and speaking to the Lock Up what the hell happened? The new booker got some good bands in 2015 and 2016 but it's kind of been downhill since then and it's abysmal this year.

5 minutes ago, justanothername said:

It really wouldn't make a difference if Outbreak was closer to R&L given how much they make nearly every act an exclusive. The only festival they "share" with is 2000trees.

Also surprised that ETID haven't played since 2014. They used to play pretty much every other year but that was back when Mike Davies booked The Lock Up and it ran for 2 days and speaking to the Lock Up what the hell happened? The new booker got some good bands in 2015 and 2016 but it's kind of been downhill since then and it's abysmal this year.

Do you know if Daniel P Carter still has anything to do with the booking?

I'm sure I can remember him having some influence back in 2016/17

How likely are any of these acts from appearing:

-Blink-182 (they said last year that they were playing the UK in summer 2020 but haven't said anything since. Could they be doing APE or their own summer tour?)

-lewis capaldi, lizzo, Halsey, Hayley Williams, dodie, tiny meat gang, Yungblud, Scotty Sire, scouting for girls, simple creatures, Busted, Limp Bizkit, Lil Nas x

5 minutes ago, stefanisdayum said:

How likely are any of these acts from appearing:

-Blink-182 (they said last year that they were playing the UK in summer 2020 but haven't said anything since. Could they be doing APE or their own summer tour?)

-lewis capaldi, lizzo, Halsey, Hayley Williams, dodie, tiny meat gang, Yungblud, Scotty Sire, scouting for girls, simple creatures, Busted, Limp Bizkit, Lil Nas x

I reckon YUNGBLUD could be in a 4th down slot and Hayley Williams could be there

14 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Don't think they've had exclusive acts for a while. Would make a difference if it was closer so bands aren't flying home June and back in August aha.

I remember Dan P carter took over in 2014 but not sure how long that lasted, I thought he'd be able put on some stacked days given all his contacts and good rep.