Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Jaws are quality. Relatively local to me and I’ve seen them about 5 times in the last 12 months. Highly recommend tracks like Gold, Feel, Please Be Kind and Driving at Night

Driving at Night is a tuneeeeeee

I started listening to a few bands on there, Inhaler, BLOXX and Wallows are all good

Can someone confirm, was it the Maine who did the Mr Brightside cover on the MS at Reading last year

21 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Jaws are quality. Relatively local to me and I’ve seen them about 5 times in the last 12 months. Highly recommend tracks like Gold, Feel, Please Be Kind and Driving at Night

Jaws are really good, seen them 3 or 4 times. Don't know the rest myself if I'm honest 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Two Door Cinema Club will never headline. They should be subbing. They're big enough as they're playing the O2 amongst other UK dates but they're third down again, the same as they were three years ago. They won't be pushed up to headliner status. 

If the next album I would put them in the Royal Blood bracket 

Probably could co head but feels right them subbing

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

If the next album I would put them in the Royal Blood bracket 

Probably could co head but feels right them subbing

TDCC couldn’t co-headline. They seem to be clinging on to the popularity of their first album with diminishing returns with each subsequent release. They do well as a harmless festival band popping up every couple of years, but that’s where it ends for them. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

TDCC couldn’t co-headline. They seem to be clinging on to the popularity of their first album with diminishing returns with each subsequent release. They do well as a harmless festival band popping up every couple of years, but that’s where it ends for them. 

Despite the diminishing quality of their music, their fanbase does seem to be growing on each release possibly due to nostalgia.

I think a Sub is the right spot for them although I can't help but think that they are one decent single away from a co-headline spot.

Despite my quarrels with most of their music, I do have to say they are a very good live act, always manage to pull a crowd and get them going.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They don’t rely on their first album, they rely on Fifa, being a FIFA tune some of the songs are instantly recognisable with the the festival demographic 

If they continue to release catch singles that people will know, they co headlining beckons

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Game Show was a good album, False Alarm wasn't as good.

If they ever want to headline the next album needs to be quality, otherwise they'll join the rotation with Courteeners and The Vaccines as perennial sub/third/R1 headliner depending on who's available.

Chuck the Wombats in there as well

11 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Game Show was a good album, False Alarm wasn't as good.

If they ever want to headline the next album needs to be quality, otherwise they'll join the rotation with Courteeners and The Vaccines as perennial sub/third/R1 headliner depending on who's available.

They're already in that spot. Also, headlining Y NOT and R&L are worlds apart.

Edited by Andre91

sounds like most stages be closing early this year, acts saying not clashing with rage, others saying not clashing with stormzy. Pisses me off tbf because although I agree the clashes would be dreadful what happened to when each and every headliner would be a decision to be made on who to watch, that just shows you the decline in the festival and I get they say we are going with the times and trying to bring in new youngsters to the festival but the acts they are bringing in are shite 😂 they can’t even sell it out anymore that Main stage and radio one could easily be stacked with big guitar bands and sound cloud rappers for the young uns but it feels with the way they have took the festival over the years the bands are now choosing to play elsewhere because they don’t want to be sharing the stage with sound cloud rappers

anyway im still hoping some bands from slamdunk and a couple of the other early festivals are to be added although I won’t be holding my breath 😂

16 minutes ago, Lukeas said:

I would say the Pit is lacking on good heavy bands, anyone got predictions on other bands they might add to it?

I’m thinking maybe knocked loose or code orange 

I can tell you for a fact Blood Youth won't be there, but tbh you could've worked that out from them playing 2 years in a row already.

Hoping for KL/CO as well! 

• Upvote 1

Code Orange will likely be at Knotfest and with Knocked Loose being over here for Outbreak in June, I doubt they would make the trip back over here two months later for a half an hour slot in a half empty tent. I think that we will see more British based bands added to the Pit/Lockup but not many American or Canadian bands. 

58 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They don’t rely on their first album, they rely on Fifa, being a FIFA tune some of the songs are instantly recognisable with the the festival demographic 

If they continue to release catch singles that people will know, they co headlining beckons

about 1% of people who buy two door tickets buy them because they have fifa songs. also they haven't released 'catch' singles since Tourist History - they were my favourite band for ages but like listen to everyone else as they are just like the wombats or kooks, just a bit more modern sounding. They will continue to grow and few people wouldn't see them which is why they always pack out main but they won't grow past sub unless tourist history 2 happens but that kind of thing never happens (AM after 5 years of not very commercial songs is an example but like arctics are clearly a different beast to tdcc)

4 minutes ago, heartsink said:

sounds like most stages be closing early this year, acts saying not clashing with rage, others saying not clashing with stormzy. Pisses me off tbf because although I agree the clashes would be dreadful what happened to when each and every headliner would be a decision to be made on who to watch, that just shows you the decline in the festival and I get they say we are going with the times and trying to bring in new youngsters to the festival but the acts they are bringing in are shite 😂 they can’t even sell it out anymore that Main stage and radio one could easily be stacked with big guitar bands and sound cloud rappers for the young uns but it feels with the way they have took the festival over the years the bands are now choosing to play elsewhere because they don’t want to be sharing the stage with sound cloud rappers

anyway im still hoping some bands from slamdunk and a couple of the other early festivals are to be added although I won’t be holding my breath 😂

it literally sold out last year

Just now, stanh said:

ooof not the best that it seems stages are closing earlier on two of the days, thought it was enough with a lot ending early last year so people could see post malone (or mura masa, but from what has been previously discussed he was fairly empty)

Stages closing early? The same bands repeated in high slots every 2/3 years? Downleeds is real :P 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stanh said:

ooof not the best that it seems stages are closing earlier on two of the days, thought it was enough with a lot ending early last year so people could see post malone (or mura masa, but from what has been previously discussed he was fairly empty)

Post Malone demanded no indie/rock acts clashed with him. I think the pit/fr probably close early just so the artists can see RATM (and like they would be pretty empty if they were open anyway)