Lineup 2020

randlfan

22 hours ago, dip said:

It was similar to Glasto, you had to register beforehand then log on and buy tickets. They did let a bunch of people in without tickets though just before Rage came on

I can recall there being more of a ballot to it with tickets being given out on a random basis to applicants, but yeah, basic premise is the same as Glastonbury.

I also did wonder if there was an episode of people breaking into the location nearer to when RATM went on stage, similar to what happened with Wireless a few years back. But clearly I may be misremembering.

1 hour ago, Isambard said:

Have to say we’ve had a fun evening going through the line up and playing the songs of the artists we didn’t know and making a shortlist of those we will listen to more of tomorrow.  It would’ve been nice to get our favourite bands but we can pull the positives from this and discover some new ones that would overwise have gone unnoticed 🎶 

Who made the shortlist?

What the hell has happened to this festival? And who are all these people on the line up? I genuinely know 6 bands on the whole line up. I’m 32, when I went when I was younger the festival used to sell out instantly now it’s changed to be a pop/whatever it is now it seems to struggle. Is it a case of trying to please too many people? 

I’m still going to go on the Sunday, to see Rage will be amazing. But other than them and creeper I’m at a loss on who to see.

6 minutes ago, Sailorjerry1 said:

What the hell has happened to this festival? And who are all these people on the line up? I genuinely know 6 bands on the whole line up. I’m 32, when I went when I was younger the festival used to sell out instantly now it’s changed to be a pop/whatever it is now it seems to struggle. Is it a case of trying to please too many people? 

I’m still going to go on the Sunday, to see Rage will be amazing. But other than them and creeper I’m at a loss on who to see.

If it only pleased rock/indie fans it wouldn't be close to selling out (2010-2017 basically)

1 hour ago, gfa said:

If it only pleased rock/indie fans it wouldn't be close to selling out (2010-2017 basically)

It is a bit no sure what direction they tried to book but stick RATM on there anyway. It will need to booking some though for it not to be the worst I've seen since I've taken interest, and before that it was usually well to wall banging lineups.

5 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

just listened to Gerry Cinnamon’s album for the first time. i was so determined to hate it but he is quite good i cant lie 

You'll end up with my rep one day because you secretly want it lol.

There is very few people on here I've seen post comments purely to get reactions etc from people.

7 hours ago, Sailorjerry1 said:

Go see Black Peaks

Upon reflection I don’t think the lineup is bad at all. The worst thing about this lineup, however, is the amount of Radio 1 ‘one man and a guitar’ acts on the top two stages. Sam Fender, Tom Grennan, Dermot Kennedy and Declan McKenna (particularly the first three) are all the same thing and it really uninteresting. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Upon reflection I don’t think the lineup is bad at all. The worst thing about this lineup, however, is the amount of Radio 1 ‘one man and a guitar’ acts on the top two stages. Sam Fender, Tom Grennan, Dermot Kennedy and Declan McKenna (particularly the first three) are all the same thing and it really uninteresting. 

That’s something I really noticed, I’ve always felt like those acts struggle to bring much of a stage presence. I’m happy to be proven wrong though

Honestly I'm not sure they could go back to a 'rock' festival. For one, if they went back to being a 'rock' festival the bookings would become even more uninspired and bands would be repeated even more. 

Repeating what someone else had already said, have a listen to black peaks. They're brilliant. 

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That was the first thing I noticed about the whole lineup.

I would add Gerry Cinnemon, Rex OC, Tom Grennan too. 

Migos have an album this year so wouldn't be surprised if Drake made a guest appearance again like with Giggs in 17.

What I am most disappointed by is the lack of acts that you would expect to make the step up to headliner in 3 or 4 years from a sub position. You know, the BMTHs, Fallout Boys, Paramore, Royal Bloods, Blossoms, PATD etc. 

(I beg TPTB that Courteeners aren't with those above)

3 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Migos have an album this year so wouldn't be surprised if Drake made a guest appearance again like with Giggs in 17.

What I am most disappointed by is the lack of acts that you would expect to make the step up to headliner in 3 or 4 years from a sub position. You know, the BMTHs, Fallout Boys, Paramore, Royal Bloods, Blossoms, PATD etc. 

Liam Gallagher subbed in 2017  so he is stepping up form sub because he is headlining

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Rex is completely different, he plays the piano and his music is very different 
Sam Fender and 2DCC future headliners I think 

Edited by Gerard the Fab
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DMCJ2 said:

Anyone been on their own before and what was your experience like?

got fed up of my mates not liking fests so booked a ticket to Reading despite being an anxious person myself.

Just do it mate. I did Leeds every year from 04-12 each year the group got gradually smaller until the final year i went on my own. 

As you get older there aren't always gonna be friends available to go to the stuff you want so doing something like this will really help you in the future to feel comfortable going to stuff you want to see. Since then I've done a solo trip yo Dallas to watch wrestlemania flew to Amsterdam straight after to see weezer then on to Barcelona for at the drive in. I did all that on my own and had a blast. You'll be surprised how easy it is to get talking to people after a drink, everyone is there for same reason so you have that in common.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat. Went to Leeds every year from 04-12. I think it's simply that we have got older and the target demographic don't like what we liked 15 years ago. Which is why you see people kicking off about Rage headlining. It's a shame but that's what happens through every generation it seems. I'm 34 and I have no idea about what teenagers early twenties are into now. 

There are lots of good foreign festivals that still cater to an older audience tho. Done Nos Alive in Lisbon three times in last 4 years one of best festivals I've been to.