Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Rage won't play for 2 hours. As far as I can see on Youtube, most of their sets seem to be less than an hour 15.

Aye, hence that booking with those two the same day. I never thought I'd find a Reading where I'd only be bothered to see two bands with that much of a lineup released. Many festivals have outdone them, Y NOT for me at least would certainly get my money.

16 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Haven't had any discussion on this thread since i started it, might be a shit idea but least it's something to discuss whilst it's all gone quiet in here.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233329-act-of-the-day-2020/

Really nice idea, will be sure to follow along!

Guys the last time I went to Reading was over 10 years, but I hope to get a Leed's Friday ticket. Just looking at options at trying to cut costs a bit, given when the RATM gig finishes, I'm going to be hard pressed to get a train back home. I know technically  it's not a weekend ticket, but could I crash for  a few hours in the campsite with a tent just before I get my train the following morning?

9 minutes ago, Cole89 said:

Guys the last time I went to Reading was over 10 years, but I hope to get a Leed's Friday ticket. Just looking at options at trying to cut costs a bit, given when the RATM gig finishes, I'm going to be hard pressed to get a train back home. I know technically  it's not a weekend ticket, but could I crash for  a few hours in the campsite with a tent just before I get my train the following morning?

Won’t be a problem as long as you crash in one of your mates tents, they won’t let you bring your own tent in though with a day ticket. 

17 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

@TheWaters fairly new to not just lurking on these forums so forgive me for asking but what actually is the premise for the games you were talking about? 

Would love to take part but not sure what they are!

Just a fun little game to see who the forum prefers out of everyone on the lineup haha. See the topic I made I briefly explained how it works. Nothing serious in it, just to help us be less bored while waiting for the fest haha.

11 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Won’t be a problem as long as you crash in one of your mates tents, they won’t let you bring your own tent in though with a day ticket. 

Yeah I wouldn't think about bringing in a tent on a day ticket. Would buying a tent there might be a way round that?

Have to say we’ve had a fun evening going through the line up and playing the songs of the artists we didn’t know and making a shortlist of those we will listen to more of tomorrow.  It would’ve been nice to get our favourite bands but we can pull the positives from this and discover some new ones that would overwise have gone unnoticed 🎶 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cole89 said:

Yeah I wouldn't think about bringing in a tent on a day ticket. Would buying a tent there might be a way round that?

As you go in maybe ask a weekend ticketer re-entering to bring it in for you and hope they don't nick your tent - or just do an all nighter

1 minute ago, Isambard said:

Have to say we’ve had a fun evening going through the line up and playing the songs of the artists we didn’t know and making a shortlist of those we will listen to more of tomorrow.  It would’ve been nice to get our favourite bands but we can pull the positives from this and discover some new ones that would overwise have gone unnoticed 🎶 

Completely agree, my memory of last year’s lineup is that I knew loads of the acts, but that was only because I looked into them when they were announced. So far my attentions has been caught by Inhaler, Easy Life, Sea Girls and Tom Grennan, so it’s looking successful already.

• Like 1

cheers @TheWaters -- https://clashfinder.com/s/r19/?user=0olawi.e5

reply to this for some upvotes

My days are looking like: Wallows, tdcc, spector, hybrid minds and fender - inhaler, easy life, sea girls, ksi (as the crowd will be mad), gerry and liam then run to rex - grennan, jaws, courteeners, run to idles, ratm, run to wilkinson

not bad didn't realise how many gaps there still are to be honest

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

cheers @TheWaters -- https://clashfinder.com/s/r19/?user=0olawi.e5

reply to this for some upvotes

You're welcome lad. People feel free to edit that and move some acts around btw, all speculation at this point. Just don't remove any acts because it's "not been confirmed" etc. whole point of this one is so people have a good idea of who may clash

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

You're welcome lad. People feel free to edit that and move some acts around btw, all speculation at this point. Just don't remove any acts because it's "not been confirmed" etc. whole point of this one is so people have a good idea of who may clash

Course - also i don't think FR will end early on sunday to be honest, sports team are like more young people indie vs rage

36 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Surely day ticket and weekend tickets are separate wristbands at a fest of RL size (not been to R+L). Although there's a high chance of it not being properly checked or being able to talk your way through in a post headliner rush.

Edited by madmaninabox

4 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Surely day ticket and weekend tickets are separate wristbands at a fest of RL size (not been to R+L). Although there's a high chance of it not being properly checked or being able to talk your way through in a post headliner rush.

Yeah but they don’t check your wristband when leaving the arena, only when entering it. When you leave the arena you enter the campsite. (For Reading anyway, I cant speak for Leeds) 

What we thinking sales of weekend tickets will be like for Leeds, although I see the line up as poor the headliners are big pulls and leaving me undecided if I should rush to get one sooner rather than later 

2 minutes ago, DMCJ2 said:

Anyone been on their own before and what was your experience like?

got fed up of my mates not liking fests so booked a ticket to Reading despite being an anxious person myself.

I’ve never been on my own however one year a lad did start setting his tent up near ours he had come on his own and we spent pretty much the whole weekend with him if there was acts he wanted to watch which we didn’t we always found him back at the campsite seems he had a great time 

I’d go for it 👍🏻 Surely must be a page on Facebook for single festival attendees 

• Upvote 1

If nothing else I think RATM's historically short set times means those inclined should be able to catch both Idles and RATM. Or at least have a reduced crossover.

The line-up in general is a bit messy imo. Somewhere in there are some consistent days but it has the sense of being thrown together rather than slotting together neatly.