Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Rage will probably start RIGHT after IDLES finish so leaving the tent a touch early would be advised.

Thanks, I'm a huge IDLES fan - I've seen them live four or five times in the last twelve months anyway - but I have to see Rage. It's a shame they're not in the Courteeners slot, I thought they'd be higher up if they were exclusive as suggested.

Friday - Wallows > Mabel > TDCC > Stormzy > Sam Fender

Saturday - Easy Life > Sea Girls > Liam Gallagher

Sunday - Idles > RATM

Unless there’s an absolute miracle in the next few announcements and/or a top secret set leaked a few weeks prior, not a chance I’m there with the above.

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

How much is a normal ticket this year?! Just went to look at Barclays 10% off and its £235. That means a weekend ticket is £260 ... that is a pathetic amount to fork out on such an uninspiring lineup when I am interested in probably 15 of those acts (and 14 of those would charge probably £20 for a show ticket (yet I wouldn't even look twice if they were performing down the road from me).

Bought my ticket early cost £250 for early bird + ticket. They must of upped them

Doing Leeds festival for the first time this year after deciding to give Download a miss after going there every year since 2012. There's probably more acts I like on the Download line-up but it will be nice to see a few different acts i've never seen before at Leeds (Download has gotten really bad for booking the same bands every other year). Over the moon with Rage Against The Machine being announced. At the minute it looks like my plan is to see (this could change if clashes change):

FRIDAY: Georgia, Black Peaks, Run The Jewels, Creeper, Idles (Back half if they clash), Rage Against The Machine

SATURDAY: Lyra, Wallows, Fickle Friends, Holding Absence, JPEGMAFIA, Stormzy (back half)

SUNDAY: The Hara, Beabadoobie, The Bronx, Girl In Red, Liam Gallagher (back half)

not sure on clashes/timings but would try and see at least all of these if i can. 

Friday: Joy Crookes - Wallows - Spector - Declan McKenna - Mahalia - Denzel Curry - JPEGMafia (TDCC too if no clash)

Saturday: Easy Life - Beabadoobee - 070 Shake - Fontaines DC - Rex Orange County

Sunday: Jaws - Slowthai - Ho99o9 -Run The Jewels - Idles - RATM

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yes, you are alone.

Genuinely couldn’t have been a better booking (all down to personal choice of course)

I'm not talking about tastes. I'm a massive fan of Rage. But Reading and Leeds have been catering to a different audience for years. They're probably the most irrelevant band they've booked in a long time.

2 minutes ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

What do you think the chances are of them booking Clairo again? She'd fit well on the same stage with Beabadoobie and Girl In Red

I think she’d be headlining that stage if she was playing it. I could see her playing at some point across the weekend though as she has blown up

23 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm not talking about tastes. I'm a massive fan of Rage. But Reading and Leeds have been catering to a different audience for years. They're probably the most irrelevant band they've booked in a long time.

Jeez, irrelevant?

They haven’t booked Deep Purple.

This is a major coup 

5 hours ago, stanh said:

I mean she is no different to the likes of Mabel or Dua Lipa is she?

The latter makes decent pop at least but wouldn't repair this shambles. I 100% now think where she is playing this year it's very high spots as there no way she is going 3rd at Reading on that lineup. 

5 hours ago, Calebwa said:

Biffy Secret set then...

There is no point to this at all

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Who we thinking under Gerry, Wolf Alice maybr

Potentially although it might just look a bigger gap, also I think Wolf Alice sub, Gerry and Courteeners might sell great up north but below they are box standard.

4 hours ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Stormzy was incredible at Glastonbury, definitely a visual show.

Definitely not a vocal one.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They should be subbing for sure. 

I don't think anyone cares anymore.

11 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Jeez, irrelevant?

They haven’t booked Deep Purple.

This is a major coup 

For nowadays he's probably correct. KOL still have more songs that the crowd would know. You booked people like Reading have been booking and selling tickets for then you book this and expect a super hyped reaction...nah. Bool it for Download and it goes through the roof but the buzz is gone then.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

At least they've released music in the last 20 years.

I don't see the difference between this booking and the moaning that SOAD have got at Download, they released nothing last time they headlined and won't either....its for the money and people will pay....to an extent. They better because that's where this year money is. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see the difference between this booking and the moaning that SOAD have got at Download, they released nothing last time they headlined and won't either....its for the money and people will pay....to an extent. They better because that's where this year money is. 

SOAD is a shite booking too, but DL appeal to a completely different fanbase. RATM would be a great booking for DL for example.