Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, ob123 said:

Do any of these headliners or subs actually put on a good visual show? Like I know it’s not all about that, but personally I feel the main stage is lacking some cool visuals sets like we had last year with 1975, TØP and even Posty at a push. 

That’s why this year I was for a couple of either BMTH, Slipknot, Gorillaz, Tame Impala etc. Feels like quite a bland main stage tbh. 

Stormzy was incredible at Glastonbury, definitely a visual show.

5 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Do any of these headliners or subs actually put on a good visual show? Like I know it’s not all about that, but personally I feel the main stage is lacking some cool visuals sets like we had last year with 1975, TØP and even Posty at a push. 

That’s why this year I was for a couple of either BMTH, Slipknot, Gorillaz, Tame Impala etc. Feels like quite a bland main stage tbh. 

rage might on their comeback. LG will stand there hands behind his back for an hour and a half in front of a banner that says rock n roll star. stormzy’s didn’t look too bad tbf

Just now, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Yeah, he does tend to attract a lot of the "I don't usually like that kind of music but..." crowd. Hopefully he will win people over, expect he will.

I guess similar to Posty last year. Wasn’t a fan on his at all but thought he smashed his set and now took a shine to him and enjoyed his new album. 

Personally I would have preferred Prophets instead of the original RATM, surely they have gone down better too with the current clientele?  No Mariachi set advertised for The Bronx?  The Subways have asked to play on Twitter, would love them there. Really weak line up for me, such a shame after last year and this years landing on my birthday. 

6 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

If all else fails on the next announcement, i'll either spend my time at the dance tent or the BBC Introducing stage!

I'm sure we'll find acts we like - wouldn't it be boring if we just stuck to what we know.  Already started listening to those on the line up that I don't know to see which ones I like.

Just now, lukecork said:

Frank left about 2011 i think if not earlier, they got Wade in from Alexisonfire straight away. They've done 2 studio albums and an EP i think with him,  They're not very active much though.

Just now, La fiesta said:

They've been going for years with Wade from Alexisonfire. Wouldn't have put them near headline material tbh

yeah i thought they were dusted and couldn’t headline the pit tbh

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I've just had a quick listen to Tom Grennan, Dermot Kennedy and Sam Fender and they are the same thing. 

Dermot Kennedy is that grim he makes Coldplay look like ACDC mate. I dont know how he got that spot. His music is played here in ireland all the time its shocking. 

Just now, lukecork said:

It's surprised me big time, I think there might be something going on there. Surely there's more than meets the eye....

Just now, Tom Connolly said:

yeah i thought they were dusted and couldn’t headline the pit tbh

I've got tickets to see Frank tomorrow in Manchester, gonna have a few afternoon pints around the venue so will keep an eye out for him, can't imagine it though? Massive balls up on festival republic side if it were to be a reunion.