Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, VCK said:

They're definitely playing third, they wouldn't place them in that position on the poster if they weren't.

What I'm wondering is how they're "special guests".

Same as Post Malone in 2018 I'd imagine.

They're definitely the size to sub although are being billed slightly lower and get that tag on their name.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

They're definitely playing third, they wouldn't place them in that position on the poster if they weren't.

Longer set than Migos?  Think they only did about 3 'songs' last time they turned up, if you could call it turning up

Edited by Benj

Rage are a four piece hard rock/metal band from Los Angeles, and they are being subbed by an Indie rock act from Manchester.

Liam Gallagher is an Indie rock act from Manchester...anyone think of any four piece hard rock/metal bands from Los Angeles that can be slotted in to sub him, to balance the imbalance? :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Id love to see the likes of Papa Roach again in there, Good Charlotte, New found Glory any of them would be nice additions. 

The fact Papa Roach are touring and have not been added makes me think Slipknot have them on their tour. There is no way their addition as much as I love Jacoby that I would buy a ticket there though. The fewest amount of acts I've wanted to see at Reading ever.

48 minutes ago, stanh said:

I personally don't think the lineup is that bad at all... Just a shame there were some obvious female acts they could've potentially booked in some fairly big spots - Lizzo, Dua Lipa, Peggy Gou, Hayley Williams, Megan Thee Stallion, Rita Ora, Halsey, FKA Twigs, Alessia Cara, Tinashe, Saweetie, Arlo Parks, Girl Ray,  Rews...

Other than that though was really hoping to see The Vaccines, Nothing But Thieves, Brockhampton, S-X and Everyone You Know get announced! The dance stage too looks very weak.

I mean it isn't the worst lineup but there are definitely some acts they have missed out on (so far).

If Rita Ora ever plays Reading Festival I think a small part of me would die. 

This isn’t Party In The Park or Capital Radio’s Summertime Ball.

36 minutes ago, VCK said:

"sorry we don't value you as a higher placed act, even though you've sold out bigger shows since then, so here you are being a special guest with a slightly longer than normal set for third down"

1 minute ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Also the issue with looking at last years Sunday at Reading is Foos had a 2.5 hour set so there was defo going to be some clashes. Where I dont think Rage will have that big of a set time so I feel IDLES and Rage wont clash. Idles will finish as Rage is about to start? 

Yep but that means its gonna be really difficult to get into a good spot by the time you're out of Idles. I think I'll skip them and just stay at main stage.