Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, Quorn said:

Not sure why people are getting annoyed about this announcement? It was R1 and main stage, so of course it’s going to be the popular, potentially less inspiring 

Once upon a time those stages were packed with inspiring bands year after year... before the dark times... before I got old 😭

1 minute ago, moz4pm said:

Once upon a time those stages were packed with inspiring bands year after year... before the dark times... before I got old 😭

Yeah I’d say it’s more of a personal thing than the festival’s problem, quite a few upcoming hip hop acts who will no doubt have loads of people excited

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

Also surely theyll leave big names out so people actually check the full announcement?

Still waiting on IDLES, i also think theyll announce that LG is subbing with someone cos rage 100% wouldnt, and neither would stormzy cos he did glasto. My bets on the strokes

1 minute ago, Ichacu said:

Still waiting on IDLES, i also think theyll announce that LG is subbing with someone cos rage 100% wouldnt, and neither would stormzy cos he did glasto. My bets on the strokes

There is no way the strokes are subbing liam gallagher

2 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Still have my fingers crossed for the likes of Denzel Curry, Fontains DC, IDLES, Black MIDI .etc

Idles and Rage on same day would be enough to get me to return for first time since 2015. Saw Idles in Lisbon last summer only band to ever bring tears to my eyes from their performance.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

I really dont think he is, im really surprised hes a headliner honestly. Nobody actually thinks his solo stuff is good.

LG sold out Heaton park effectively on pre sale, people missed out on getting tickets. The entirety of Heaton Park by himself, in seconds. 

Meanwhile Parklife can’t sell out the same field with 100 acts and you can still get tickets to pretty much any stormzy show on his world tour. 

1 minute ago, Waynolol said:

LG sold out Heaton park effectively on pre sale, people missed out on getting tickets. The entirety of Heaton Park by himself, in seconds. 

Meanwhile Parklife can’t sell out the same field with 100 acts and you can still get tickets to pretty much any stormzy show on his world tour. 

Stormzy headlined Glastonbury in the same year Liam Gallagher subbed. 
Stormzy is miles bigger than Liam Gallagher. Not even comparable 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Diamond24 said:

I really like Two Door and Courteeners but they've both played Reading way too much in recent years. Bombay Bicycle Club, Vampire Weekend and Catfish would have been good indie alternatives to sub, that haven't played the festival in a while (arguably catfish are too big to sub though)

I agree, love them to bits but have seen them about 6 times in two years. Would've loved to see Vampire Weekend as an indie act that's a bit different although it looks incredibly unlikely they'll be back in the UK until their next album cycle now.

2 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I really like Two Door and Courteeners but they've both played Reading way too much in recent years. Bombay Bicycle Club, Vampire Weekend and Catfish would have been good indie alternatives to sub, that haven't played the festival in a while (arguably catfish are too big to sub though)

If Bombay aren’t there that’s a surprise to me. Although maybe it’s because they’re everywhere else, and not ‘exclusive’ enough for a big slot?