Lineup 2020

randlfan

RATM / RTJ / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / DENZEL CURRY

NME : AJ Tracey

LG / Courteeners / Sam Fender / Kaiser chiefs/ Fontaines DC  

NME: Rex Orange County (Closing set: Diplo)  

Stormzy / Gerry / Lizzo / Glass Animals  / Slowthai  

NME Caribou (announced after UK tour dates)

Just now, Hawky said:

RATM / RTJ / IDLES / Nothing But Thieves / DENZEL CURRY

NME : AJ Tracey

LG / Courteeners / Sam Fender / Kaiser chiefs/ Fontaines DC  

NME: Rex Orange County (Closing set: Diplo)  

Stormzy / Gerry / Lizzo / Glass Animals  / Slowthai  

NME Caribou (announced after UK tour dates)

I can work with this, except Lizzo. I'm sorry but she is incredibly annoying

Slowthai, Glass Animals, the entire top row, the only word is peng

Just now, jamieaslee said:

Tyler is in EU in june. Same with Asap I think? Rejjie idk, probably likely but doubt hed be that high up

As much as I want to I just can't see Tyler there with Lovebox and Parklife already confirmed + eu tour on top of that, I'm not fussed about where Rejjie is so long as he's there

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

How did they give out tickets to Finsbury 2010? I don't get how the crowd is so good when surely so many people just tried for tickets as they were free?

Tickets to that one were given out by ballot. You had to submit a passport sized photo to support it as people checked on the door.

Though I think I read that there was an rush of the venue by people who didn't get tickets.

Had some time to digest this. Went to go see parasite (which was great by the way) and think about this booking.

To many people who went to reading nearly ten years ago now this is one of the best bookings Reading has made in a long time. Rage to me are a quintessential reading band. They are such a rarity that it seems crazy Reading have managed to book them again.

I think the clash of new school and old school is really interesting too. It goes to show how much the festival has changed that a band like rage against the machine gets lashed on Twitter. However, you can’t blame them. Rage have been gone for a decade now and the kids of today won’t know much about them. That doesn’t mean that they won’t occasionally give them a shot or enjoy them on the day. Overall it doesn’t matter as Rage will sell their day out and if it means that the rage crowd is different to the rest of the weekend so be it.

For once I am actually rather concerned that getting R&L tickets might be a little bit difficult. Stormzy, Liam Gallagher and Rage are three pretty big acts with loyal followings. I don’t think Reading has sold out instantly in nearly 12 years now. Funnily enough the last time rage played (I think) was an instant sell out.

It really feels like Reading in the past couple of hours have come back from the dead and stated that when the stars align, they are still a major competitor in the market. I’ve missed the days where there was more of a level playing field in the festival market and it wasn’t just Glastonbury dominating over everyone.

2020 is starting off good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

I expect Rejjie to have a somewhat light year whilst he finishes his new album, he could appear on R1 if he gets it out in August. (His album, not his penis) 

Yeah, he's not planned for anything else as far as I'm concerned. He's not been since 2017 so I have some hope

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Had some time to digest this. Went to go see parasite (which was great by the way) and think about this booking.

To many people who went to reading nearly ten years ago now this is one of the best bookings Reading has made in a long time. Rage to me are a quintessential reading band. They are such a rarity that it seems crazy Reading have managed to book them again.

I think the clash of new school and old school is really interesting too. It goes to show how much the festival has changed that a band like rage against the machine gets lashed on Twitter. However, you can’t blame them. Rage have been gone for a decade now and the kids of today won’t know much about them. That doesn’t mean that they won’t occasionally give them a shot or enjoy them on the day. Overall it doesn’t matter as Rage will sell their day out and if it means that the rage crowd is different to the rest of the weekend so be it.

For once I am actually rather concerned that getting R&L tickets might be a little bit difficult. Stormzy, Liam Gallagher and Rage are three pretty big acts with loyal followings. I don’t think Reading has sold out instantly in nearly 12 years now. Funnily enough the last time rage played (I think) was an instant sell out.

It really feels like Reading in the past couple of hours have come back from the dead and stated that when the stars align, they are still a major competitor in the market. I’ve missed the days where there was more of a level playing field in the festival market and it wasn’t just Glastonbury dominating over everyone.

2020 is starting off good.

Was 2010 not an instant sell out? Thought I remembered people queuing online for hours after the lineup feat blink reunion was dropped (though I suppose may not have ended up with an actual sellout). 

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tickets to that one were given out by ballot. You had to submit a passport sized photo to support it as people checked on the door.

Though I think I read that there was an rush of the venue by people who didn't get tickets.

oh interesting guess giving passport would put like more regular people off

1 minute ago, aus12345 said:

I actually don't think there is a better set of headliners than Stormzy/RATM/Liam in terms of appeasing their target audience, with the exception of if AM were there too. Something for everyone.

Very true. Appeals to various audiences, I can honestly see r+l 2020 selling out if this is the line up

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aus12345 said:

I actually don't think there is a better set of headliners than Stormzy/RATM/Liam in terms of appeasing their target audience, with the exception of if AM were there too. Something for everyone.

I mean like Drake/Travis/Kendrick (if he hadn't just played) would fill stormzys slot better too

Just now, gfa said:

I mean like Drake/Travis/Kendrick (if he hadn't just played) would fill stormzys slot better too

Got no problem with any of the above just genuinely can't see any playing, except maybe Travis? Would put them all above Stormzy but he definitely fits the demographic better and hasn't been overbooked by r+l

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It was similar to Glasto, you had to register beforehand then log on and buy tickets. They did let a bunch of people in without tickets though just before Rage came on