Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Strikes me as the other acts mentioned are probably other stage headliners. Fever 333 and Gallows seem like pit headliners to me. AJ Tracey in the Radio one stage as Dan already said.

Yeah, I’m hoping Fever 333 are up against Stormzy.

Excellent live show, would be great in the Pit.

Cant see the current line up of the Gallows headlining a stage though, even though I live the two records they did without Frank (obviously not as much as Frank-era albums but they are very underrated)

1 minute ago, emilyboris said:

Not headlined when they were a far stronger band + failed to even slightly sell out Victoria Park last year (tickets being literally given away in their hundreds) for all points east so would be a pretty poor headliner 

I personally think they're a far superior band now, I loved amo, I guess it's just personal preference though. I guess they could have co-headlined with someone if Festival Republic were genuinely worried about sales (Biffy Clyro springs to mind). They just seemed destined to do it having worked their way up the lineup over the years, and I personally think they would have smashed it. Would have been nice to see a new headliner, but I'm willing to sacrifice them to get Rage, much as I love Bring Me.

None of those names (AJ, M Huncho, Aitch, slowthai, D-Block Europe, Fontaines DC, Gallows and FEVER 333) really blow me away to be honest, I know one song by FEVER 333, and it's a banger to be fair. They could put Dick and Dom on in the Radio 1 tent on the Saturday for all I care though, I'm just buzzing (and slightly relieved) that they got Rage.

Edited by Pottsy2913

Just now, Pottsy2913 said:

I personally think they're a far superior band now, I loved amo, I guess it's just personal preference though. I guess they could have co-headlined with someone if Festival Republic were genuinely worried about sales (Biffy Clyro springs to mind). They just seemed destined to do it having worked their way up the lineup over the years, and I personally think they would have smashed it. Would have been nice to see a new headliner, but I'm willing to sacrifice them to get Rage, much as I love Bring Me.

Yeah to be fair I meant stronger band in terms of fervent fanbase, obviously your opinion of their songwriting + releases is entirely subjective so in no way dismissing that. I'm in total agreement that bands like BMTH should be given more of a chance at fests like this, but personally think they were unfortunately passed over a number of years ago when they would have had their best shot. (I'm not really a fan but think Sempiternal was excellent).

They just don't have the draw they maybe once did + the APE show last year really showed that up despite an, in many ways, reasonably stacked lineup. 

Didn’t Dan say something about LG, Stormzy and RATM with his other undercard he put out being correct and mentioned AJ Tracey as an Radio 1 headliner? Could mean we get Gerry Cinnamon subbing Stormzy, Courteeners subbing LG and Migos under RATM? I can’t remember who else he had on that undercard though. 

Just now, foolee said:

Didn’t Dan say something about LG, Stormzy and RATM with his other undercard he put out being correct and mentioned AJ Tracey as an Radio 1 headliner? Could mean we get Gerry Cinnamon subbing Stormzy, Courteeners subbing LG and Migos under RATM? I can’t remember who else he had on that undercard though. 

Run the Jewels 👀

Also Rex Orange County as a tent headliner