Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Love how Gorrilaz are apparently in the running despite never playing the fest and having 0 tour dates announced 

They’re realising music currently. I think they’ll be touring this summer but I’m not sure if I can see them playing reading

It's even more of a shame looking at all of these reasonably exciting options that they decided to waste a headliner slot on Liam Gallagher. At least he took it into his own hands to get rid of any potential excitement for a brilliant full set of headliners. 

So we are all up to speed then because people think I’m talking rubbish how about I present them some facts.

- Dan said RATM

- He then said a different set of headliners.

- A Radio 6 host talked about Rage against the machine being announced for reading and Leeds.

- A Pittsburg radio station has tweeted the rage against the machine logo. Hinting towards rage announcing some more dates to their tour.

- Rock En Seine have an announcement tonight. A french publication has posted that it “could” be rage against the machine.

- Rage against the machine posted a new graphic on their Instagram of a tour poster ripped up.

- A user in the rock en Seine thread is claiming that Rage are being announced tonight.

But of course all of this is just rubbish rubbish rubbish. Any talk of rage is just people pulling stuff out of their arse. I’m also chatting bollocks and there’s nothing to back up anyone’s excitement. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Think they could get away without having a rap headliner this year, if we're believing any of what Dan has been saying he said that there's a lack of guitar bands on the mainstage, this could make up for the lack of a rap headliner + if they don't have any guitar bands headlining the R1 Tent then the people that aren't a fan of rock have somewhere other than 1Xtra/Dance to end their night

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

So we are all up to speed then because people think I’m talking rubbish how about I present them some facts.

- Dan said RATM

- A Radio 6 host talked about Rage against the machine being announced for reading and Leeds.

- A Pittsburg radio station has tweeted the rage against the machine logo. Hinting towards rage announcing some more dates to their tour.

- Rock En Seine have an announcement tonight. A french publication has posted that it “could” be rage against the machine.

- Rage against the machine posted a new graphic on their Instagram of a tour poster ripped up.

- A user in the rock en Seine thread is claiming that Rage are being announced tonight.

But of course all of this is just rubbish rubbish rubbish. Any talk of rage is just people pulling stuff out of their arse. I’m also chatting bollocks and there’s nothing to back up anyone’s excitement. 

Could it mean that originally it was only those dates and now it's changed to more dates?

1 minute ago, endswithMJ said:

Could it mean that originally it was only those dates and now it's changed to more dates?

No idea.

Also they need to do some sort of tour announcement soon as some of the dates they already have announced don’t have a venue yet. The Mexico one I think!

25 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Someone asked who could be 3rd down and potentially go on to headline...

Do we think IDLES could, provided their next 1-2 albums are as good as Joy?

Idles headlining in a few years would be an absolute dream, personally I think they deserve it more that any other act I can think of. Their fanbase is growing by the day too.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

- Dan said RATM

Also rock en Seine have rejigged their dates

the last time they did this was in 2008

for rage against the machine

1 minute ago, alf13 said:

Idles headlining in a few years would be an absolute dream, personally I think they deserve it more that any other act I can think of. Their fanbase is growing by the day too.

Currently i'd say they're a bit too niche, nothing of theirs has ever charted and for somebody to go on to headline they need to be in the mainstream, can't see it ever happening to be honest