Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If you could book the Rage day yourself, realistically, what would it be? Mine would be: 

Rage Against The Machine / Architects / IDLES / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps / Denzel Curry / Fever 333 / Ho99o9 / Dream State 

Plenty of other acts with political messages of varying intensity throughout the day. 

RATM / Erasure / IDLES / RTJ / FONTAINES D.C. 

i know a sum total of 10 people who know and like ratm that are about my age, and i’m 16

they're not massively popular anymore but i promise they’re not unheard of 

i’d assume it would be an older crowd but i promise i’ll bring the energy

anyway we’re getting a BIT too into the idea of it so i’m gonna try calming down a tad

Edited by defender4

4 minutes ago, defender4 said:

they're not massively popular anymore but i promise they’re not unheard of 

Yes they are massively popular, they’ve been away for a decade... hence why they are such a big booking for many and why we are all obsessed with the idea. They are one the most important bands of this generation and are very popular, just rock has kinda faded out with our Generation X. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yes they are massively popular, they’ve been away for a decade... hence why they are such a big booking for many and why we are all obsessed with the idea. They are one the most important bands of this generation and are very popular, just rock has kinda faded out with our Generation X. 

It's more the millennial's who aren't massive with rock? (that's not all mind)  

Edited by TornShaun

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I feel like I’ve missed something, why does everyone seem so sure it’ll be rage? 

i dunno, everyone’s got over excited

but dan’s “leaks”, the radio thing, supposedly synced lineup announcements, the fact rage play reading whenever they tour, etc etc all point towards it

but i agree it does seem like...50/50 to me at this point. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

If you could book the Rage day yourself, realistically, what would it be? Mine would be: 

Rage Against The Machine / Architects / IDLES / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps / Denzel Curry / Fever 333 / Ho99o9 / Dream State 

Plenty of other acts with political messages of varying intensity throughout the day. 

made my realistic (but not so much) lineup for every day on main with acts that are around

Friday: SLIPKNOT / Bring Me The Horizon (special guest) / Hollywood Vampires / Bullet For My Valentine / Fever 333 / Behemoth / Yonaka / Scarlxrd

Saturday: EMINEM  / Migos / IDLES / Hayley Williams / Denzel Curry / I Prevail / Death Grips / City Morgue / Black Midi

Sunday: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ,/ Architects / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps / Denzel Curry / Yungblud / Ho99o9 / Machine Gun Kelly (special opening guest)

4 minutes ago, defender4 said:

i dunno, everyone’s got over excited

but dan’s “leaks”, the radio thing, supposedly synced lineup announcements, the fact rage play reading whenever they tour, etc etc all point towards it

but i agree it does seem like...50/50 to me at this point. 

Yeah I’m not convinced. I remember when Nick Grimshaw said he’d heard The Strokes were playing Glastonbury last year. Think some of the people who we think are in the know are probably talking about the same/similar rumours that we are in here but not overthinking it as much as we do 😂 The synchronised announcements could just be because a lot more  of the August festivals are now announcing or its a different act other than rage. It’s not even confirmed our announcement is at the same time, just the same week so far. 

Edited by foolee

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah I’m not convinced. I remember when Nick Grimshaw said he’d heard The Strokes were playing Glastonbury last year. Think some of the people who we think are in the know are probably talking about the same/similar rumours that we are in here but not overthinking it as much as we do 😂 The synchronised announcements could just be because a lot more August festival are now announcing or a different act other than rage. It’s not even confirmed our announcement is at the same time, just the same week so far. 

Everyone has exhausted all speculation and we will now just have to wait and see.  The arguments for Rage are quite convincing .....

52 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Muse aren’t Coldplay level big in the US but they headline all the festivals there and tour amphitheater’s, between arenas and stadium, as well as arenas.

They are big over there, not as big as the rest of the world though I agree.

I think I saw a few stats, such as Simulation Theory failing to chart in the US top 10 and various cities having a sub 10k attendance on recent tours, and thought that was a sign of them not being quite a big deal out there. But I'm aware they headline a lot of festivals and get big crowds on the co-head tour with 30 Seconds to Mars. So maybe its more difficult to gauge it, though I do agree the likes of Coldplay are a bigger thing in the States.

17 minutes ago, foolee said:

I feel like I’ve missed something, why does everyone seem so sure it’ll be rage? 

Certainly, I do wonder if we're getting carried away. For me, the only definitive confirmation RATM at R&L 20 is on is when its there on a legit not-faked poster. I know a lot of people would love it to happen, but its good to be cautious rather than think its a nailed on guarantee.

What price we come to Friday and still no announcements?

Although dunno - maybe I'm being too cynical.

Edited by charlierc
  • Like 1

@foolee rage are quite secretive and it seems like they are about to announce some more live dates. There’s rumours of a tour drop coming next week. Some additional US dates and obviously some are linking this to EU festivals.

Theres just been some rumblings across the place. I think the Rock En Seine dates are probably the most convincing part of it. 

Also Rage seem to be playing at all the festivals they have a pre-existing relationship with. 

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

Some DJ on BBC Radio 6 said (after playing Bulls) "could they be coming to the UK this year maybe at a festival on August bank holiday weekend, maybe it'll have already been announced when you hear this"

https://twitter.com/gnomegoatee/status/1225731139777769472?s=20

Edited by Alternate1

1 minute ago, defender4 said:

i think the only headliner we can ever be sure about is muse in 2023 if they’re still up for it, considering they play every 6 years

Stick this on a 2023 thread lmao, would love them to headline again ASAP though, put on a great show last time