Lineup 2020

randlfan

Dunno why rage... a band who carefully pick and choose which shows they play (preferring to play less shows in comparison to lots of shows) are being compared to Muse who play pretty much everywhere and anywhere.

Rage don’t want to be a stadium band, and they never have been. To Rage their idea of touring is playing a handful of dates globally and then vanishing for 10 years.

Not too long ago my teacher held a song quiz in lesson and no one except me knew Killing In The Name Of, and I only knew it bc my parents are super big fans (even seeing them at Reading back in 2000). I think they'll only really pull an older day ticket crowd tbh. Was hoping for mcr personally but i wouldn't mind sitting and chilling during a RATM set this year, they do seem to put on a good show

I'm 17 and went to Reading 2019 with about 50-60 people from my year all pretty close together in orange camp. 

Literally none of my lot were interested in Foos, but weren't fussed cos one of 2 things:

Bastille were on

They could getaway early on Sunday night

Honestly, most people I knew who were there knew about 5 Post Malone songs and Billie Eilish. Maybe Chocolate and Let's Dance To Joy Division for good measure. They all had the absolute times of their lives, probably saw abt 12 acts on average the whole weekend.

Absolutely convince so many youngsters will book a ticket gladly not having a clue who RATM are, and weekend tickets will sell out in usual time.

Just now, cal321123 said:

Not too long ago my teacher held a song quiz in lesson and no one except me knew Killing In The Name Of, and I only knew it bc my parents are super big fans (even seeing them at Reading back in 2000). I think they'll only really pull an older day ticket crowd tbh. Was hoping for mcr personally but i wouldn't mind sitting and chilling during a RATM set this year, they do seem to put on a good show

I wouldn’t rule out anyone, unless you know for sure they’re somewhere else.  I still think we’ll be surprised....

Just now, Tom Connolly said:

just for one second can we all chill. other than Dan and that radio six dj do we have anything else that points to RATM?

Rock en Seine, changing festival dates so they have a gap in the middle of the festival - Saturday, Sunday, Monday are the music dates.

4 minutes ago, Isambard said:

I wouldn’t rule out anyone, unless you know for sure they’re somewhere else.  I still think we’ll be surprised....

I can hope but I really don't think there's any chance of MCR at this point. I did get VIP tickets to see them at MK but it would still be sick to see them again at RANDL

How do I put this delicately. You must also remember that old school / older rage fans are probably like me with full time jobs now. Some will probably have enough money to pop over to reading solely to see Rage.

the same argument is made about old school MCR fans.

A rage fan who wants to see them on this reunion tour will be willing to drop dough to make it happen. They won’t care about anyone else on the lineup. It will just be a bonus if there is a good support. 

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

just for one second can we all chill. other than Dan and that radio six dj do we have anything else that points to RATM?

Not to my knowledge, but Dan has a very good track record in the past. And the DJ is a case of no smoke without fire, surely he wouldn't make a comment like that if there wasn't something to prompt him.

1 minute ago, cal321123 said:

I can hope but I really don't think there's any chance of MCR at this point. I did get VIP tickets to see them at MK but it would still be sick to see them again at RANDL

Yes I got tickets for MK and then they announced Dublin so I had to do it all again on ticketmaster the following Friday !  

If you could book the Rage day yourself, realistically, what would it be? Mine would be: 

Rage Against The Machine / Architects / IDLES / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps / Denzel Curry / Fever 333 / Ho99o9 / Dream State 

Plenty of other acts with political messages of varying intensity throughout the day. 

• Like 6

Just now, Andre91 said:

If you could book the Rage day yourself, realistically, what would it be? Mine would be: 

Rage Against The Machine / Architects / IDLES / Run The Jewels / While She Sleeps / Denzel Curry / Fever 333 / Ho99o9 / Dream State 

Plenty of other acts with political messages of varying intensity throughout the day. 

If i could upvote this i would! 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Tool to sub.

Not really though about the other acts though tbh

EDIT: Oh, you said 'realistically'. As you were.

Edited by VCK

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This would be unreal