Lineup 2020

randlfan

9 minutes ago, atomised said:

Someone said the other day Travis Scott wasnt in Europe this summer. Now Travis on the other hand  thatd be a retro booking to go alongside Rage

We discussed on this thread the idea of modern teens not knowing who RATM are... I'm in my late 20's and I don't think I actually know any Travis.

8 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Imagine! 

7 minutes ago, zak14 said:

That’s exactly what I was going for

Was more I don’t want to get into where I live than it actually being that irrelevant!

Oh good to know I called it correctly. And you know... fair.

And as for the post below, I wouldn't be surprised. Foos and RHCP have toured pretty extensively in the last few years, and even though I imagine there's a novelty as Frusciante is back with the Chilis, there's still the previous shows to hold into account.

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Not quite apples with apples but RATM day tickets at Boston calling in the US have old sold both Foo Fighter and RHCP tickets, their rarity is definitely a factor that will draw people to see them.

History suggests this will be many's only chance so see them in at least 10 years and whatever people say bands are better when they're younger...

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Some young people will be buzzing about RATM, including a lad I teach in Year 11 who will absolutely lose his mind if Rage come over here. It was just this week he was asking me if I’d seen the Firefly lineup in America that has RATM, Blink and Billie Eilish playing. 

What a legend. 

1 minute ago, __Phoenix said:

I think if teenagers watched Finsbury Park, or even just clips of it - they’d go for the atmosphere alone. Alongside all the 20/30 year fans and day tickets they’d attract a large crowd

Hate to admit it but I’m one of these people, only really know Bulls on Parade and Killing in the Name from Guitar Hero and those videos, and would go on that alone. Plus if Denzel Curry was there on the same day the possibility of him coming on for Bulls would be exciting

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Some young people will be buzzing about RATM, including a lad I teach in Year 11 who will absolutely lose his mind if Rage come over here. It was just this week he was asking me if I’d seen the Firefly lineup in America that has RATM, Blink and Billie Eilish playing. 

That lad is a legend! (well as long as he likes Blink ;) too)

17 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Depends on the territory imo. I don't think Muse are that big in the USA and indeed Muse have opened at a few RATM gigs in the US in the past. But everywhere else Muse are a huge deal.

Muse aren’t Coldplay level big in the US but they headline all the festivals there and tour amphitheater’s, between arenas and stadium, as well as arenas.

They are big over there, not as big as the rest of the world though I agree.

14 minutes ago, Benj said:

Not quite apples with apples but RATM day tickets at Boston calling in the US have old sold both Foo Fighter and RHCP tickets, their rarity is definitely a factor that will draw people to see them.

History suggests this will be many's only chance so see them in at least 10 years and whatever people say bands are better when they're younger...

MCR is the same effect too - nobody thought they would sell it out 3 times and they certainly wouldn't if they were last in the UK like a year ago

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Have you got any other info on Shikari’s summer plans in the UK or tour stuff? 

I don’t at the minute no but I reckon I’ll know before it’s common knowledge if there’s a tour coming or anything. I’ve been told to keep hush on anything new and Shikari related for now but it’s a big year for them this year.

Edited by TheWaters