Lineup 2020

randlfan

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

IDLES have definitely been in the studio. They were playing some of their new songs at the UK gigs before Christmas. I think the album is out May/June going off what's been said - they're all currently on a break after pretty much solid touring.

Yup, they were in the studio the back end of last year and were filming something a few weeks ago. I'd wager considering they haven't popped up on any U.K festival lineups someone has got them exclusively and it's probably R+L

Edited by Mouseboy11

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

Yup, they were in the studio the back end of last year and were filming something a few weeks ago. I'd wager considering they haven't popped up on any U.K festival lineups someone has got them exclusively and it's probably R+L

I've read on here somewhere (not sure which forum) that that's correct. I asked the IDLES manager if they were playing Glastonbury and didn't get a direct answer but the dates pretty much rule them out. 

8 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

How many here have been lucky enough to see Rage live before? And how were they? 

I saw them when they last played in 2008. They came on super late and only played for about an hour but it was well worth it. They were insane and I've not often experienced the sheer energy watching a band like I did that night. Everyone, both the band and the crowd, were incredibly up for it. They did have to stop the set a few songs in because of people getting crushed, and I was pretty far back from all the moshing but the atmosphere was still felt where I was stood.

I also liked how for a headliner their stage set up was simple. No big screens or fancy colourful light shows like most festival headliners these days. Just a red star backdrop and plain white lighting.

Edited by VCK

29 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

Fri - Tame Impala > Tyler, the Creator > the Streets

Saturday - the Strokes/Foals > IDLES > Mac Demarco

Sunday - Arctic Monkeys > Pulp > Jamie T

Edit : I know AM is a meme for R&L at this point but I cannot imagine how good the reaction would be

That is filthy

1 hour ago, BigBoyBridge said:

If you had your own festival what would be the best possible lineup for it ?

2 main stages with alternating times (Like Sonisphere) & the headline band not being the final band of the day (Like festivals overseas)

Closing Set Chase & Status Pendulum Live Parkway Drive
Headliner RATM Green Day Metallica
2nd Stage Headliner Faith No More Blink 182 Avenged Sevenfold

Edited by Alternate1

Friday: 2003 blink-182 / Foals

Saturday: 1996 Oasis / 2008 Bloc Party

Sunday: 2009 Slipknot / Royal Blood

Am I cheating? I think I'm cheating.

20 minutes ago, VCK said:

I saw them when they last played in 2008. They came on super late and only played for about an hour but it was well worth it. They were insane and I've not often experienced the sheer energy watching a band like I did that night. Everyone, both the band and the crowd, were incredibly up for it. They did have to stop the set a few songs in because of people getting crushed, and I was pretty far back from all the moshing but the atmosphere was still felt where I was stood.

I also liked how for a headliner their stage set up was simple. No big screens or fancy colourful light shows like most festival headliners these days. Just a red star backdrop and plain white lighting.

Not 100% sure but I think that was the first time they had that barrier to separate the front area off.

26 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

How many here have been lucky enough to see Rage live before? And how were they? 

Saw them at their free Finsbury Park show then 6 days later at Download. Both were the best live gigs I've ever been too, especially Finsbury. Now I've had to wait 10 years to see them again.

It’s probably not related but noticed YNOT festival are still yet to announce one of their headliners! Although the difference in size of band/artist for headliners at both festivals are obviously different, can’t help but feel this is something to do with BMTH or Biffy and maybe they can’t announce it untill R&L 🤷🏼‍♂️ They are the right size of band to warrant headlining either festival 

Fri: Taylor Swift - Frank Ocean - Tyler, the Creator

Sat: Arctic Monkeys - The 1975 - Harry Styles

Sun: Tame Impala/The Strokes - Childish Gambino - The Black Keys 

2 minutes ago, zak14 said:

Fri: Taylor Swift - Frank Ocean - Tyler, the Creator

Sat: Arctic Monkeys - The 1975 - Harry Styles

Sun: Paul McArtney - Childish Gambino - The Black Keys 

Basically Glasto 2020