Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, defender4 said:

also forgive me, but is there a chance the headliners will be someone completely different? someone that hasn’t been mentioned yet?

If headliners are shared with Sziget then they are suggesting others that have not been mentioned here .....

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Matt you know I don’t speak in absolutes very much on this forum but you can totally get excited now. It has to be happening. There’s too much pointing at it for it to go any other way.

It’s just the other pin that’s a predicament; Dan has too good a track record to fumble it but Stormzy just does not make sense (even today).

aside from him mentioning Reading on his album apparently. I reckon it will be a combined of the two but that Radio station is only a 16.4k followed Pittsburgh station, could just be a gig in Pittsburgh.

Just now, Isambard said:

If headliners are shared with Sziget then they are suggesting others that have not been mentioned here .....

KoL/Katy Perry/Calvin Harris

All the sensible ones from the sziget thread have been mentioned

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Remember the days when R&L actually booked awesome lineups. I haven’t felt this sort of excitement for a reading lineup in fucking years.

I feel like 2019 preceded it though with foos, without that everyone would go into 2020 like we did to 2019 after 2018's shite headliners.

2 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Sziget is a week long festival, they have a week worth of headliners, some bigger some smaller, last year they shared all the headliners with Sziget however their isn't a big pool this year hence having LG as the first headliner which he leaked, due to not being many acts and the backlash they may face, they could have been one of a few festivals paying the big bucks for Rage and BMTH/Biffy is a cheap and expected duo due to their history with the festival.

I would ignore the correlation with Sziget but would keep an eye out for acts like Eminem who may be announced as this could be like 2018 all over again.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

aside from him mentioning Reading on his album apparently. I reckon it will be a combined of the two but that Radio station is only a 16.4k followed Pittsburgh station, could just be a gig in Pittsburgh.

It’s not just that a radio station in Pittsburgh is teasing a Rage announcement, it’s that it ties in with Rock en Seine announcing tomorrow night, Lolla Berlin earlybirds going off sale tonight and R+L announcing next week. And the 6music thing about an imminent announcement of a Rage at a bank holiday weekend festival. And Rock en Seine blowing a hole in their festival weekend to accommodate someone.

Just those things

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

From ATDI and The Distillers to AVA, doesn't get any more anticlimactic than that.

AVA will get a much better response than those two, simply due to Tom DeLonge

ATDI had one of the worst crowds I’ve ever seen that high up on the main stage. People literally sat down chatting about 3 rows from the barrier.

Pretty much no one gave the slightest of fucks. I didn’t either once they started and were properly fucking awful!

Haven’t bother with the distillers since about 2005, Id probably much prefer them now strangely. 

I reckon AVA could do about 4-5th from top

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Sziget is a week long festival, they have a week worth of headliners, some bigger some smaller, last year they shared all the headliners with Sziget however their isn't a big pool this year hence having LG as the first headliner which he leaked, due to not being many acts and the backlash they may face, they could have been one of a few festivals paying the big bucks for Rage and BMTH/Biffy is a cheap and expected duo due to their history with the festival.

I would ignore the correlation with Sziget but would keep an eye out for acts like Eminem who may be announced as this could be like 2018 all over again.

Personally I think one of the headliners will be someone we haven’t anticipated.  Who were you thinking of @defender4

Just now, dentalplan said:

It’s not just that a radio station in Pittsburgh is teasing a Rage announcement, it’s that it ties in with Rock en Seine announcing tomorrow night, Lolla Berlin earlybirds going off sale tonight and R+L announcing next week. And the 6music thing about an imminent announcement of a bank holiday weekend festival. And Rock en Seine blowing a hole in their festival weekend to accommodate someone.

Just those things

I know, and thats making me really excited, but I have been burned before when Kenny, Foos and Arctic Monkeys were expected.

I am gonna be gutted nonetheless however I am taking a moment to be pessimistic about everything bit of evidence.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not just that a radio station in Pittsburgh is teasing a Rage announcement, it’s that it ties in with Rock en Seine announcing tomorrow night, Lolla Berlin earlybirds going off sale tonight and R+L announcing next week. And the 6music thing about an imminent announcement of a Rage at a bank holiday weekend festival. And Rock en Seine blowing a hole in their festival weekend to accommodate someone.

Just those things

Aye son.

When is Lolla Berlin? The weekend after R&L? Would make sense.

3 minutes ago, Isambard said:

Personally I think one of the headliners will be someone we haven’t anticipated.  Who were you thinking of @defender4

honestly man idk

i hate to say it but i don’t know why we ruled out billie eilish so quickly

as for the calvin harris thing, i wouldn’t say its impossible for him to be there but i wouldn’t ever see him as a reading headliner (touchwood lmfao)

edit: scratch that. calvin’s playing creamfields same time as reading 

Edited by defender4

1 minute ago, Isambard said:

Dan lies but he doesn't lie, he says bits of info we put together, this year he has been worse than ever however I reckon it what he says lies the truth, he has give us info pretty much every year and its right, he will give us the right one the night before announcement probably and at the moment it looks like a mix between the two bits he has given us. I doubt it will be someone totally out the blue but your right theres a chance it could as nothings been announced and this is speculation, but some evidence weighs more than others.

Just now, gfa said:

Also is there an announcement time yet? 10am tomorrow to match rock en seine?

if they have Rage then I would say theres a good chance, I doubt they would announce later than other festivals, if they dont then later in the wee with another festival that has Rage.

4 minutes ago, defender4 said:

alright then

so no billie, probably no calvin

fuck this is confusing me i’ll just wait and see lmfao

My guess is Dan has given us a mix of genuine and bollocks info to subtly leak the headliners.

Eminem

Liam Gallagher

Rage Against the Machine

is my guess.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

They have a strange gap in their festival, like Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. Has to be for a reason. 

oh yeah saturday, sunday tuesday - they also have camping thats really weird. So rage must be tuesday then surely - with leeds on friday and reading sunday i'd assume. keeps a day gap between each one

Edited by gfa