Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, swain said:

is that AM or PM you reckon

Am, I was looking back over the years and they always release them at 7:30 or 7:55. 
all the years I looked at they gave the announcement time on the Sunday for the line up on the Monday but I don’t think they’ll do that this year

New to the RandL thread here, coming from the Mad Cool Festival in Madrid thread! 

Does anyone know what day that elusive tweet is gonna come dropping the lineup for RandL? We’re hoping we get some similar headliners in Spain and are sick of waiting hahah

Edited by Max2307

24 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

Am, I was looking back over the years and they always release them at 7:30 or 7:55. 
all the years I looked at they gave the announcement time on the Sunday for the line up on the Monday but I don’t think they’ll do that this year

Sounds about right, as they tend to announce on Radio 1 breakfast show I think?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

What? BMTH have been active around Reading and Leeds plenty since last being on the lineup. Them being a British band means that being active matters less anyway.

Also The Strokes are trailing a new album and have a new song out this week.

I think Eminem and/or Rage have to be there.

The announcement of Lolla Berlin and Rock en Seine being aligned to R+L must mean something. Rock en Seine have moved their dates to Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday to accommodate someone - I’ve never heard of a festival shutting down for a day because of an act (which I assume is the reason) so it must be worth it.

FWIW I think both of those two are the remaining headliners at this point.

Eminem would be a bigger draw than Stormzy even if it was announced to be only songs from the last three albums.

Dan specifically said we should put last weeks headliners on this weeks undercard.

This leaves us with Stormzy // LG // RATM given by the best source we have atm.

Also Rock en Seine annouces Monday 8 pm GMT. If this isn‘t a pre announcement or first batch of the week, this is when we should expect R/L to drop names, isn‘t it?

Edited by Karlos12345

2 hours ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

No release date? 

If it isn't before August, I can't see it. 

Physical advertising has started for the album - probably coming after this little string of dates just announced I think. Also that poster wasn't even believable a few pages back, Trippie Redd was spelt wrong, no way was SLP that low etc and wilkinson is a exclusive somewhere too

5 minutes ago, defender4 said:

how does a 16 year old get drinks through security at the main gate 

my groups decided that i have to be the one to bring shit lmfao

the main gate security is so inundated on opening day they just check for drugs and pass you on, hide em in wellies or the bottom of your bag and hope for the best

6 minutes ago, defender4 said:

1. your friends are twats tell them to bring their own stuff

2. spirits inside tents and like sleeping bags worked for me, got 2l of vodka in. don't bother with capri sun filling and shit like that theres no point. helps if you don't look like a drug dealer also regarding getting things in so leave like the shoulder bag at home and stuff like that

3. tinnies ask people by the coop

(not sure if this was allowed but lets be honest they would have got it in anyway)

Edited by gfa

30 minutes ago, defender4 said:

Split it between you, make sure you decanter any glass. 

Just act natural and keep in wrapped in the tent or sleeping bag. 

Most of the time you don't get searched enough for them to find anything, they're just looking for drugs / weapons. 

Edited by Dangerbreaks

4 hours ago, TornShaun said:

Hannah Wants can't mix for shit! But hey lol

I have a funny feeling Hannah Wants is actually going to be there, as the twitter account of R/L started following her literally a few months ago- maybe she is, maybe she isn't ahah

2 hours ago, defender4 said:

Just spread the load at the bottom of everyone’s bags and you’ll get all of it through unless you’re very unlucky. 

maybe give the youngest looking a sacrificial 12 pack of Skol to throw them off the scent/ pay the tillerman

The Menzingers were excellent as always last night but they’re playing Download and I can’t see them coming over here three times within six months. 

Spanish Love Songs, however, I could see them playing the Lock Up. It wouldn’t matter if they played to thirty people because those thirty people would know every word to every song. They are stars in the making. Last night might be the best support slot I’ve ever seen. They sounded great, the crowd were going mad for them and they have the songs. They have so got the songs. 

It was cool bumping into @justanothername again too! 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Anticlimactic isn't really the word but Gazza's right, Angels & Airwaves don't deserve mention alongside those and would probs be much earlier on the bill.

I meant it more as in an older mid main stage band who are quite out of place in today’s R&L climate. Not that they’re a band seen in the same esteem as those above, although ATDI have pissed all over that now. AVA haven’t been announced for Download or Slam Dunk so I think they might be doing late summer festivals this year, if they’re coming over at all. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The Menzingers were excellent as always last night but they’re playing Download and I can’t see them coming over here three times within six months. 

Spanish Love Songs, however, I could see them playing the Lock Up. It wouldn’t matter if they played to thirty people because those thirty people would know every word to every song. They are stars in the making. Last night might be the best support slot I’ve ever seen. They sounded great, the crowd were going mad for them and they have the songs. They have so got the songs. 

It was cool bumping into @justanothername again too! 

I only discovered Spanish love songs 2/3 months ago, but they’re fast becoming one of my favourite bands. Haven’t felt this excited about a band since I discovered The Gaslight Anthem in 2008. 

1 minute ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I only discovered Spanish love songs 2/3 months ago, but they’re fast becoming one of my favourite bands. Haven’t felt this excited about a band since I discovered The Gaslight Anthem in 2008. 

Only discovered them last night when they supported and they are definitely a band I'm going to look into such a strong fan base.