Lineup 2020

randlfan

6 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

The Strokes are not a British Band, I also didn't mention their dates. 

It makes no sense for BMTH to be active around the dates of Reading & not play it.

The Strokes aren't headlining with no new material for 7 years, even if the new album is coming. 2021 maybe. Not this year. 

The cover art and album title was announced last night so it’ll deffo be this year

1 minute ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

MK Stadium seats 31,000 and all 3 of their dates sold out. 

Their return is big enough that people will pay to see them again.

I personally think it was a double bluff. I think BMTH would be happy to sub under them with a "special guest" tag but who knows.

Biffy / BMTH is a strong co headline. Would need a decent radio 1 headliner opposite Liam & Eminem though. Literally 0 interest. 

It is RandL. 

Its never the best scenario - 2018 for example. 

MCR arent returning why cant people accept this? 

The second trio Dan said makes perfect sense.

Just now, The_Ledgerwood said:

Ugh. 

Eminem & Liam just feels Lazy. 

Really hope that's not the case. 

Yeah they are, and there is a very small pool to choose from. Eminem seems obvious with Sziget, Liams announced. Liam being announced must confirm the laziness. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Yeah they are, and there is a very small pool to choose from. Eminem seems obvious with Sziget, Liams announced. Liam being announced must confirm the laziness. 

Haha I'm aware. 

He's a lazy booking anyway but the two together would need a stacked undercard for me. 

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Is Gerry, Migos, Courteeners and RTJ a stacked undercard so far?

Gerry and Courteeners are decent. 

No interest in Migos. 

RTJ are good but not my thing so, as it stands, no? 🤣 

Thinking about it Biffy is lazy too - they would have headlined, like Eminem, 3 times in 7 years. 

I think if the Strokes get a couple bits of new music before August I could see them as a glorified sub for LG

If not I still think we may get 4 guitar based headliners

BMTH/Biffy

LG

RATM

and I still think Skepta and Dave as subs with Courteeners or Gerry

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I think if the Strokes get a couple bits of new music before August I could see them as a glorified sub for LG

If not I still think we may get 4 guitar based headliners

BMTH/Biffy

LG

RATM

and I still think Skepta and Dave as subs with Courteeners or Gerry

My guy thinks fratellis should headline but strokes would be a sub🤣

27 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

The Strokes are not a British Band, I also didn't mention their dates. 

It makes no sense for BMTH to be active around the dates of Reading & not play it.

The Strokes aren't headlining with no new material for 7 years, even if the new album is coming. 2021 maybe. Not this year. 

What? BMTH have been active around Reading and Leeds plenty since last being on the lineup. Them being a British band means that being active matters less anyway.

Also The Strokes are trailing a new album and have a new song out this week.

28 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No he didnt. He said MCR, then Stormzy, Liam, Rage and then he said Eminem, Liam and Biffy/Bring Me. MCR arent playing, will people understand this - they have sold out 75k tickets and are not returning in August, Dan was having us on for keep mentioning them. They arent playing. Stormzy, Liam, Rage could well be true but the Hellfest organiser has said Rage arent coming to Europe till 2021, yes things could happen quickly but Stormzy is playing Leeds a few weeks later, two headliners who are doubtful, hence why the third and most likely pairing due to Dan saying its all he knew and the fact Bring Me have no UK dates - RandL exclusive, Biffy havent played in four years and are doing Big Weekend, that and RandL makes perfect sense and as I previously mentioned August festivals have a limited pool for headliners, Eminem is playing Sziget and a big ticket seller, with the limited pool he has to be there. Makes perfect sense contrary to how much I want Rage that it is:

Eminem, Liam and Biffy/BMTH

Of course the first trio could be correct but it is very unlikely. MCR due to the 75k tickets also arent gonna co-headline. They arent playing, understand that.

I think Eminem and/or Rage have to be there.

The announcement of Lolla Berlin and Rock en Seine being aligned to R+L must mean something. Rock en Seine have moved their dates to Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday to accommodate someone - I’ve never heard of a festival shutting down for a day because of an act (which I assume is the reason) so it must be worth it.

FWIW I think both of those two are the remaining headliners at this point.

43 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

Why are we thinking Eminem?  Stormzy has to be a bigger pull than someone that headlined in 2017 surely? 

Eminem would be a bigger draw than Stormzy even if it was announced to be only songs from the last three albums.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What? BMTH have been active around Reading and Leeds plenty since last being on the lineup. Them being a British band means that being active matters less anyway.

Yeah, they even played in 2018...

Not sure why being British matters less, if anything it matters more - they're also making a point right now of announcing festivals, timing lines up. I'll be shocked if they're not there. 

Just now, The_Ledgerwood said:

Yeah, they even played in 2018...

Not sure why being British matters less, if anything it matters more - they're also making a point right now of announcing festivals, timing lines up. I'll be shocked if they're not there. 

I know they played in 2018. I chose my words carefully.

And yeah, bands tend to play locally more than they do in other parts of the world for all the reasons you might imagine will come with a touring setup. Like when they played the secret set in 2018, they didn’t book shows in Hungary to make it worth their while.

27 minutes ago, SteventheG said:

A lot of you speak so matter of fact

It’s the internet isn’t it. Everyone talks as if they’re right...

you just need to add a mental note of ‘in my opinion’ to the start of everyone’s posts to stop you thinking that every single poster is a huge bellend. 

this is obv just my opinion!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley said:

Just seen The Menzingers at The Albert Hall in Manchester and honestly they were incredible need to make an appearance at randl this year

They were brilliant in 2015. Wasn’t to keen on the last album thoigh. Good to hear they’re on form. Would love to see them back. 

3rd from top in the pit?