Lineup 2020

randlfan

14 minutes ago, Aech said:

if the Strokes aren't even co headlining a day at Rock Werchter then there isn't a chance they are at Reading.

Could The Strokes sub LG? I absolutely adore The Strokes but for some reason I feel it would be acceptable for them to sub LG in the UK. 

Remember, The Strokes took 4 months to sell out their day at APE. LG sold out Finsbury park in minutes in 2018. Did the same with Heaton this year. He would pull a larger crowd.

On that basis:

Eminem / Skepta / IDLES

Liam Gallagher / The Strokes / Slowthai

RATM / BMTH / Halsey 

14 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Could The Strokes sub LG? I absolutely adore The Strokes but for some reason I feel it would be acceptable for them to sub LG in the UK. 

Remember, The Strokes took 4 months to sell out their day at APE. LG sold out Finsbury park in minutes in 2018. Did the same with Heaton this year. He would pull a larger crowd.

On that basis:

Eminem / Skepta / IDLES

RATM / BMTH / Halsey 

I mean in 2011, they subbed the second stage at T in the Park. I know that’s one of the most insanely stacked lineups of all time but I don’t think it’s too out of the ordinary, even if I can’t personally see it myself. 

44 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Sziget thread have compiled all of their leaks and so far they've got:

Headliners: Eminem, Calvin Harris, Shawn Mendes, Tiesto, The Strokes, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon

Other: Khalid, Foals, Stormzy, Denzel Curry, Foster The People, Two Door Cinema Club, Empire of the Sun, Tom Walker, Of Monsters & Men, The Neighbourhood, Amelie Lens, Slowthai, Kensington, Troyboi

R&L and Sziget have a history of sharing acts and shared all four headliners last year so imagine a few of these will show up, Eminem & The Strokes for headline most likely if these leaks are true

I would love to see Empire of the Sun.

Fingers crossed.

16 minutes ago, R Shah said:

On that basis:

Eminem / Skepta / IDLES

RATM / BMTH / Halsey 

Best Kept Secret said the Strokes were an expensive booking, I highly doubt they'll accept a sub slot.

37 minutes ago, R Shah said:

On that basis:

Eminem / Skepta / IDLES

RATM / BMTH / Halsey 

Strokes ain’t subbing shit

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Why would Liam Gallagher's selling power dictate what The Strokes should accept?

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Hellfest organiser said that they weren't in Europe until 2021.

At the time hellfest made their bookings... Which would of have been probably very early. Perhaps around about summer 2019.

Things could of changed. It’s rumoured that Rage signed up or all these festivals relatively later than bands usually do.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

No, it's never happened.

Not impossible of course but I think it'd be extremely odd for them to announce a headline act and sell day tickets for that act for over two months and then add someone else.

That's what was speculated. It does make sense, but all rappers are similar in that respect. Stormzy only did 1hr15min at Glastonbury.

That was 9 years ago.

With no its never happened - unfair to hold that to anything as like most years headliners don’t self confirm.

regarding the strokes accepting sub they 100% would if the money was good enough but them subbing is a stupid idea in the first place

17 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

At the time hellfest made their bookings... Which would of have been probably very early. Perhaps around about summer 2019.

Things could of changed. It’s rumoured that Rage signed up or all these festivals relatively later than bands usually do.

Yep, agreed. Was just pointing out that's why we thought they were out.

2 minutes ago, Bigsigger said:

Im sorry maybe I am missing something but why have we erased Travis Scott from the headliner rumours? Didn't Melvin on TPD say Travis Scott was in his top 3 favourite ever performers or something similar?

yeah he said that Travis' brings a crowd energy that has been unseen since RATM but with them both being around and there being more to link RATM and other acts to R&L Travis is seeming to look a bit unlikely

12 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

yeah he said that Travis' brings a crowd energy that has been unseen since RATM but with them both being around and there being more to link RATM and other acts to R&L Travis is seeming to look a bit unlikely

Its a shame. I think he would have been a really good booking. Eminem and Stormzy aren't my cup of tea tbh. In an ideal world Id have RATM, TS, LG and BMTH but thats sort of just copying coachella isn't it

18 minutes ago, Bigsigger said:

Im sorry maybe I am missing something but why have we erased Travis Scott from the headliner rumours? Didn't Melvin on TPD say Travis Scott was in his top 3 favourite ever performers or something similar?

According to rolling loud Europe he’s actually not coming to Europe this summer.

21 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yep, agreed. Was just pointing out that's why we thought they were out.

Oh sorry haha.

yeah I think a booker for festivals who usually plan their lineups far far advance can’t be taken as gospel. The metal European festivals seem to book their lineups really early.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

According to rolling loud Europe he’s actually not coming to Europe this summer.

Yeah but according to Hellfest neither are RATM, can't disregard one festival saying something and accept another. Rolling Loud is about two months before R&L they might of just meant he was busy at the time they wanted him for

32 minutes ago, Bigsigger said:

Its a shame. I think he would have been a really good booking. Eminem and Stormzy aren't my cup of tea tbh. In an ideal world Id have RATM, TS, LG and BMTH but thats sort of just copying coachella isn't it

Melvin compared travis scott to RATM prior to his set in 2018, 2 years ago? Too early to come back 

26 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Yeah but according to Hellfest neither are RATM, can't disregard one festival saying something and accept another. Rolling Loud is about two months before R&L they might of just meant he was busy at the time they wanted him for

Hmm. rolling loud only announced that a few days ago whereas Hellfest made that comment months ago.

I’m more inclined to believe Rolling Loud as I don’t see why Travis would suddenly plan a European tour this late in the game.

It sounds to me like Rage (if the rumours are right) have been roped into a one off EU show for r&l, which they have done before.

I don’t think Travis would do a one off show. He doesn’t have any sort of prior history with R&L that would be worthy of doing a special gig.