Lineup 2020

randlfan

ONE FINAL (optimistic) PREDICTION(Reading)

FRI

MS: STORMZY, CATB, Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender, D Block Europe  R1: REX ORANGE COUNTY, Everything Everything, Kano 

PIT: FEVER 333, DANCE: Sub Focus, 1XTRA: Lethal Bizzle(idk), FR: Jack Garratt

SAT

MS: THE STROKES, LG, Courteneers, Lizzo, Slowthai, Lewis Capaldi(special guest) R1: closing set: Chase & Status Return II Jungle BROCKHAMPTON, Aitch

PIT: All American Rejects, DANCE: SASAS, 1XTRA: Example, FR: Pale Waves

SUN

MS: RATM, Skepta, Run the Jewels, IDLES, The Amazons, While She Sleeps R1: GLASS ANIMALS, Architects, Denzel Curry

PIT: Code Orange, DANCE: IDK, Wilkinson or summin, 1XTRA: Wiley, FR: Tom Grennan

Feel free to take it change bits, but please note no MCR, and I didnt think Fratellis would fit headlining 1XTRA so i left them.

WITH A BIFFY SECRET SET

Edited by Gerard the Fab

18 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

ONE FINAL (optimistic) PREDICTION(Reading)

FRI

MS: STORMZY, CATB, Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender, D Block Europe  R1: REX ORANGE COUNTY, Everything Everything, Kano 

PIT: FEVER 333, DANCE: Sub Focus, 1XTRA: Lethal Bizzle(idk), FR: Jack Garratt

SAT

MS: THE STROKES, LG, Courteneers, Lizzo, Slowthai, Lewis Capaldi(special guest) R1: closing set: Chase & Status Return II Jungle BROCKHAMPTON, Aitch

PIT: All American Rejects, DANCE: SASAS, 1XTRA: Example, FR: Pale Waves

SUN

MS: RATM, Skepta, Run the Jewels, IDLES, The Amazons, While She Sleeps R1: GLASS ANIMALS, Architects, Denzel Curry

PIT: Code Orange, DANCE: IDK, Wilkinson or summin, 1XTRA: Wiley, FR: Tom Grennan

Feel free to take it change bits, but please note no MCR, and I didnt think Fratellis would fit headlining 1XTRA so i left them.

WITH A BIFFY SECRET SET

Yes please

15 minutes ago, defender4 said:

On a scale of 1-10, how much did it hurt to write that?

Off the scale, pretty much triple digits

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm 99% sure that the drummer of the Strokes has already said no UK festivals this year. 

Who gives a shit about what the Drummer says, when Julian says it I’ll believe it

2 hours ago, VCK said:

Was there a year when one co-headliner was announced before the other? Maybe Kendrick before Panic in 2018. Makes me think that Liam could be co-headlining, with The Strokes.

No, it's never happened.

Not impossible of course but I think it'd be extremely odd for them to announce a headline act and sell day tickets for that act for over two months and then add someone else.

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wasnt that cause he has a condition where he cannot rap for long periods at a time, hence a shorter set with Panic doing one also?

That's what was speculated. It does make sense, but all rappers are similar in that respect. Stormzy only did 1hr15min at Glastonbury.

2 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

i don’t know where people get the idea that The Strokes will only accept headline, they played loads of below headline slots on the Angles tour.

That was 9 years ago.

31 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm 99% sure that the drummer of the Strokes has already said no UK festivals this year. 

Yet RATM are heavily rumoured even after saying they weren’t doing any European fests?

edit : plus i’m pretty sure whoever said that said they ‘couldn’t find the article’ when we asked where it was from

Edited by jumperofftheshelf

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's what was speculated. It does make sense, but all rappers are similar in that respect. Stormzy only did 1hr15min at Glastonbury.

Hence why there’s a chance of a co headline, or even a glorified sub 

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Hellfest organiser said that they weren't in Europe until 2021.

Yeah that was it. But we’re under the impression that everything to do with the reunion happened fairly quickly so things could’ve changed since then right?

Edited by TheWaters

Sziget thread have compiled all of their leaks and so far they've got:

Headliners: Eminem, Calvin Harris, Shawn Mendes, Tiesto, The Strokes, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon

Other: Khalid, Foals, Stormzy, Denzel Curry, Foster The People, Two Door Cinema Club, Empire of the Sun, Tom Walker, Of Monsters & Men, The Neighbourhood, Amelie Lens, Slowthai, Kensington, Troyboi

R&L and Sziget have a history of sharing acts and shared all four headliners last year so imagine a few of these will show up, Eminem & The Strokes for headline most likely if these leaks are true

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

3 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

LG x The Strokes co-head would be a great  booking imo. Makes a bit more sense about Liam’s latitude slot and pleases those who thinks the strokes couldn’t headline on their own.

i don’t know where people get the idea that The Strokes will only accept headline, they played loads of below headline slots on the Angles tour. Plus, Liam has openly said he isn’t bothered by headlining things too. Praying for this now!

The Killers headlined lattitude two years ago (fair enough it was in that much larger font above everyone else but they've got nine sold out stadiums in the UK this summer) and Mumford & Sons the year before that. Latitude slot doesn't mean his any less huge, just done a big arena tour and sold out Heaton park on his own which Parklife is yet to manage with the whole lineup. I'm not his biggest fan either but its true, also if the Strokes aren't even co headlining a day at Rock Werchter then there isn't a chance they are at Reading.

I reckon out of that lot we’ll get TDCC, Stormzy, Denzel Curry, Foster The People and Slowthai.

Maybe the neighbourhood but I’ve predicted them every year for the past 3 years and it never happens lmao. Don’t even like them, just seem an obvious booking.

Forgot to quote but this is in response to the Sziget leaks

Edited by TheWaters

29 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

For sure, things definitely would have changed quickly. 

Maybe the Hellfesr organizer said that in context of his own festival. He doesn‘t care for August if his festival is in June. Doubt RATM agent said no shows in Europe 2021 rather than „not available in June“.

Edited by Karlos12345