Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

I might be showing my age here, and admittedly I prefer the pop/alternative/rock acts, but can someone explain to me the obsession with Travis Scott?

I know he's big in the US, but in the UK his highest charting album is number 3. 

Compare that to someone like Post Malone or Stormzy who have 2 UK number 1's, and the fact I couldn't name a single TS song, I feel like I'm missing something.

Also taking a bigger punt at the lineup but:

Friday

MS: Stormzy / Dave / Idles 

R1: Two Door Cinema Club 

FR: Bleachers

Lockup/ The Pit: Funeral For A Friend

Saturday 

MS: Liam / Courteeners / Lizzo 

R1: Rex Orange County

FR: Wallows 

Lockup/The Pit: Creeper

Sunday

MS: MCR / BMTH / RTJ 

R1: Haim 

FR: The Xcerts

Lockup/The Pit: Fever 333

Couldn’t agree more about Travis Scott 

3 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

I might be showing my age here, and admittedly I prefer the pop/alternative/rock acts, but can someone explain to me the obsession with Travis Scott?

I know he's big in the US, but in the UK his highest charting album is number 3. 

It's the fact he instantly sells his UK dates I think, I remember people thought he was too big to sub a couple years ago and he's only grown since. As for the exact reason why he's popular, I'm not sure. 

7 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

Compare that to someone like Post Malone or Stormzy who have 2 UK number 1's, and the fact I couldn't name a single TS song, I feel like I'm missing something.

Also taking a bigger punt at the lineup but:

Friday

MS: Stormzy / Dave / Idles 

R1: Two Door Cinema Club 

FR: Bleachers

Lockup/ The Pit: Funeral For A Friend

Saturday 

MS: Liam / Courteeners / Lizzo 

R1: Rex Orange County

FR: Wallows 

Lockup/The Pit: Creeper

Sunday

MS: MCR / BMTH / RTJ 

R1: Haim 

FR: The Xcerts

Lockup/The Pit: Fever 333

Yeah, it’s your age mate, welcome to the club.

I genuinely had never heard of Kendrick Lemar or Post Malone,let alone name a song, until they were announced as headliners for Reading.

Same for Travis Scott, only time I’ve heard of him is when people suggest him as a headliner on here.Haha.

Saying that, when I did listen to them I didn’t feel like I have missed anything haha.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

I genuinely had never heard of Kendrick Lemar or Post Malone,let alone name a song, until they were announced as headliners for Reading.

Same for Travis Scott, only time I’ve heard of him is when people suggest him as a headliner on here.Haha.

Saying that, when I did listen to them I didn’t feel like I have missed anything haha.

I actually really like Posty 😅 I mean I'm 29 and been every year since 2010, but yeah, maybe it's the kids who are wrong 

If Rage and Blink are announced for Sunday, can Daphne and Celeste please make a special guest appearance in between their sets? 20 year anniversary on from their bottling. Melvin make it happen.

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah i hadn't heard of him either when he was announced! (i'm 41) I went on YouTube and was like WTF! Every song sounded the same and just pure autotune to another level lol Each to their own though, i'm sure those that listen to Travis Scott would be like WTF listening to Lamb of God that i love!