Lineup 2020

randlfan

22 minutes ago, allyn1983 said:

Why would he say this comment then, 'maybe they've announced by the time you've listened to this'. He thinks the lineup is imminent.

I'm trying to stay calm but its on! 

I think he means maybe they’ve (the festival) announced (who’s playing) by the time you hear this, not that Rage are to be announced, because he knows everyone on social media is clamouring for the announcement when the official social media accounts post anything.

He could just be wildly speculating and he might be completely blind to the anticipation for the announcement, it's not that unrealistic. 

But... It's a weird thing for a host to say, why would he just throw that out there?  Of all bands to mention it's a band we have a slither of hope for,  it's also a band Dan has mentioned.

And.. with BBC Sounds being a sponsor of the fest, he's likely to know who is playlng. Office chat and all. 

Surely then... If he knows... He's subject to the same embargo as anyone else? Why would he risk his job?

We need to find him on Twitter.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I think he means maybe they’ve (the festival) announced (who’s playing) by the time you hear this, not that Rage are to be announced, because he knows everyone on social media is clamouring for the announcement when the official social media accounts post anything.

Or maybe BBC have input into who plays at Reading & Leeds, given that Radio 1 have a stage. With no lineup (apart from LG) announced, they decide to share something possibly, keep it under the radar. I thought it was unlikely for Rage to play this year until I heard this today. 

Just now, gfa said:

Not buying the Rage thing - would be very down to have them but it sounded like he was just speculating to me. Can understand why people think its right but i'm not sure.

I’m trying to keep my expectations grounded so Im not actively saying I 100% believe it, but the particular mention of bank holiday weekend August is what’s tipping me. Why mention that specific fest and that it may already be announced unless he knew something. 
pure hoping at this point 

It is a really weird thing to say if he didn't have much knowledge, could of said it about any headline sized band thats touring at the moment that gets played on 6 Music but he didn't he said it about Rage who haven't got any dates over in Europe and are pretty unlikely, unless he's a user on this forum then i'm going to assume he's heard something from somewhere

3 minutes ago, allyn1983 said:

Or maybe BBC have input into who plays at Reading & Leeds, given that Radio 1 have a stage. With no lineup (apart from LG) announced, they decide to share something possibly, keep it under the radar. I thought it was unlikely for Rage to play this year until I heard this today. 

Well that fine buddy, you believe what you want as will I.

My two cents though is that it was a speculative comment about the festival rather than the band he had just played.

My new thinking is Eminem is holding back the announcement for R&L plus Sziget (and maybe others?) - two different leakers seem to have him nailed on for Sziget and so it would all add up I guess is my logic.

Lets see - we're getting close I think probably next week i'm saying for announcement of announcement.

Would make sense why it's not been announced yet if two of the headliners are embargoed (Eminem and RATM) if it was just one of them they could of done what they did in 2017 and announce two of the headliners and leave one TBC (which was also Eminem) but i don't think people would be happy if they dropped the line up with two headliners missing

Just now, Dangerbreaks said:

It's a bit of an odd thing for the presenter to bring up when there's no need to, especially specifically mentioning "an August Bank Holiday" festival. 

I don't want to get my hopes up but what a booking that would be. 

Yep, could of referenced Glastonbury or their own stadium tour like MCR but the way he specifically mentioned R&L suggests he knows something

If this presenter does actually know what’s going he could be risking his job and damaging festivals relationship with them, if he gives out insider knowledge like that. Maybe he said it without thinking about the consequences or maybe he was speculating. 
Makes me think we need to be careful and not get too invested in what he says just yet. 

• Upvote 3

From the info we have been "leaked":

MCR on the Sunday

Stormzy // LG // RATM

"What's my age again...st the machine" 

BMTH + Biffy // LG // Eminem

BMTH + Travis Scott // LG // Gorrilaz

(Very fake announcement video) Gorrilaz // LG // MCR

I'd be looking at something like:

RATM >> BMTH >> Run the Jewels >> Tyler the Creator

Gorillaz + LG >> Courteeners >> Slowthai

Eminem >> Wolf Alice >> Slaves