Lineup 2020

randlfan

16 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Isn't their best album but its not bad in any shape or form, having seen them perform a few of the tracks off of it at TRNSMT they go down well enough but obviously WPSIAM and AM tracks go down a lot better, their setlist that day was a treat and they smashed it

Never said it was bad, i thought it was decent and a good change.

10 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Boardmasters has just as strong of a top billing as R&L, if true. Maybe even stronger. Why wait this long to announce that..

Because no one wants to play R&L anymore. It really fucking feels like that.

MCR, Rage, Strokes, Travis Scott, Stormzy, Foals, Billie Eilish all playing shows this summer and R&L got none of them. This has to be something to be examined because if Dan is right Reading is struggling to put together lineups. 

This fest has gone to the dogs. But it seems that people will still buy tickets because they don’t mind the same bands every 2/3 years at this point. 

Edited by Matt42

7 hours ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Ok the dude bitching earlier today made me laugh but this got me. Don't think it'll go down well anyway but here we go...

Biffy/BMTH // LG // Eminem

Subs: Migos / Courteeners / Gerry Cinammon don't know who is subbing who.

NME headliners Red Orange County and AJ Tracey, one TBC. 

Run the Jewels main stage. 

Main stage very low on guitar bands.

That's all I know for now. 

That is godamn awful please tell me you’re lying

I cannot anywhere see Migos subbing im sorry they were absolute dog piss last time

Eminem hmmm maybe hopefully Friday

Biffy/BMTH would be mental and I love Rex so that’s alright, I’m sure Run the Jewels will go off and Gerry should be alright 

idgas about the Courteeners I’ll see them if there’s no one else

But a lack of guitar bands is what gets me, that’s been the cornerstone of the festival and I feel like two or three a day on the MS is no where near enough

Hopefully other stages are loaded with them

TBC I reckon could be CATB or Blossoms Against Eminem

Reckon AJ Tracey Against Biffy BMTH

And Rex Against LG

also feel like Biffy will close Reading and Bring Me will close Leeds

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Dan’s put out such conflicting information that at this point it’s pointless getting excited/disappointed about anyone until the lineup is actually released. 

Couple of days ago it was definitely Stormzy and RATM with BMTH turning down a slot, now it’s definitely Biffy/BMTH and Eminem - which to believe? 

Working out which posts are truthful and which are a wind up is an exercise in futility at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Bixer said:

Dan’s put out such conflicting information that at this point it’s pointless getting excited/disappointed about anyone until the lineup is actually released. 

Couple of days ago it was definitely Stormzy and RATM with BMTH turning down a slot, now it’s definitely Biffy/BMTH and Eminem - which to believe? 

Working out which posts are truthful and which are a wind up is an exercise in futility at this point. 

Exactly this!

Can't believe people take every post as gospel 😂 his tactic is and always has been to say every headliner that's in the running for it over a couple of weeks and then once it's released people will scan back to find the post he did with that lot headlining quote it and call him mystic meg

Edited by gimleydesigner

Rex Orange County has released a "pony" album since he last played, the bump up to headline NME isn't warranted. 

Migos' stock has plummeted since they were 3rd down on main stage, their last album was a travesty and their last performance was so sub par (only played at Leeds for what felt like 20mins)

I personally believe Dan wouldn't just drop all the info at once, why would he 2 weeks before the announcement when he has everyone on this thread panting? It must be hilarious for him. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the info "adapt" over the course of the next week, like it has done so much already.

P.s Fuck you for mentioning Rage, Dan.😂😭 (No idea if emojis work on here now)

7 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

TBH if it comes out looking like this at the top of the two biggest stages i'd be happy, that would be a massive bonus on top of the festival vibes anyways

Biffy + BMTH // Gerry Cinnamon / Run The Jewels / Denzel Curry

R1: Kaytranada / Pale Waves

Liam Gallagher // Courteeners / Wolf Alice / Slowthai

R1: AJ Tracey / Trippie Redd

Eminem // Migos / IDLES / Aitch

R1: Rex Orange County / London Grammar

I think a lot of LGs younger fans will like Rex so swap Rex and Kaytranada- plus I wanna see Kaytranada and Biffy/ Bring me haha

Edited by jamieaslee

4 minutes ago, gimleydesigner said:

Exactly this!

Can't believe people take every post as gospel 😂 his tactic is and always has been to say every headliner that's in the running for it over a couple of weeks and then once it's released people will scan back to find the post he did with that lot headlining quote it and call him mystic meg

Haha, yeah.

I’ve inside info that says that if you flip a coin it will end on heads.

Coin lands on heads? I’m a genius

Coin lands on tails? I was trolling you.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Ok the dude bitching earlier today made me laugh but this got me. Don't think it'll go down well anyway but here we go...

Biffy/BMTH // LG // Eminem

Subs: Migos / Courteeners / Gerry Cinammon don't know who is subbing who.

NME headliners Red Orange County and AJ Tracey, one TBC. 

Run the Jewels main stage. 

Main stage very low on guitar bands.

That's all I know for now. 

Thanks @Dan Wilcoxfor sharing what you know! And if this true (and i suspect most of it will be) then i'm happy with Biffy and BMTH!

I personally don’t think it’s that bad with the headliners. The co-headline does me fine. Biffy will be sick. Eminem has tunes, didn’t go 2017 aside from Muse day cause I was too young so it would be nice to see him.

its not becoming download, acts are doing the June run instead of August so considering there aren’t many acts I don’t think it’s too bad with the headliners. Not great considering what we wanted but I think it’s to do with touring artists.