Lineup 2020

randlfan

7 minutes ago, Dan Wilcox said:

I've heard this, supposedly a headline slot.

I don’t see why they would turn down a headline slot, they’ve been clamouring for that position for years to legitimise themselves as one of the big boys on the UK scene.

If it is Eminem/LG/AM then count me out. Boring as fuck. I’d rather have Cardi B. At least that would be something new and exciting rather than three artists from fucking 20 years ago Jesus.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Can we just save AM discussion for when they are factually touring, releasing music, and have dates around Reading and not linked to any other UK show that would make them exclusive?

Wtf hahaha

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

TOP, PATD and FOB have all been given “headliner” status but didn’t close either site. My money is that BMTH were offered a similar arrangement and have told R&L to bolt. 

That's my thought. Still weird that they'd turn that down, though. Can't see them getting a bigger gig in the UK this year/ever and turning that down would hurt relations with the festival and a chance to come back and headline properly.

If BMTH truly have turned down a slot then hallelujah 

Opinions of their music aside, they're not a particularly strong headliner imo (compared to most of the other names being thrown about recently) and would feel quite weak, especially if Liam Gallagher is another. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

Not sure if AM should  headline or we could play the 'NOW THATS WHAT I CALL ELEVATOR MUSIC' album on loop for 2.5 hours.

You mean that album that people hated because it wasn’t their usual style but as an album was genuinely really good? Agreed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

we genuinely have no clue who’s gonna headline. it’s quite exciting tbf, last year everyone knew months in advance that Foos and 75 were gonna do it and pretty sure that Pilots were. i think it’s cool that for once we have no clue who’s gonna be the other headliners, no concrete rumours at all apart from BMTH which now seems to have fallen through. like i said the other day, bring on announcement eve, that’s gonna be exceptional 

4 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Not sure if AM should  headline or we could play the 'NOW THATS WHAT I CALL ELEVATOR MUSIC' album on loop for 2.5 hours.

Isn't their best album but its not bad in any shape or form, having seen them perform a few of the tracks off of it at TRNSMT they go down well enough but obviously WPSIAM and AM tracks go down a lot better, their setlist that day was a treat and they smashed it

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Yeah i've done both and Leeds is so much better so i won't be returning to Reading anytime soon, the silent disco at Reading just doesn't come close to the late night stages at Leeds, Piccadilly is my favourite thing about the festival

This is basically what I’ve been told as well. Reading is far more convenient for me location-wise but think I’ll give Leeds a go in the next few years, cheers.

so our current pool for potential headliners is quite full and we've not got any clue who it's going to be, being this in the dark is exciting but hope we get some solid news soon, make your choice from:

Stormzy, RATM, Arctic Monkeys, Eminem, Blink 182, Biffy Clyro, BMTH, Travis Scott, MCR, Gorillaz, RHCP, The Weeknd

Surely must be at least two of them, any other names anybody wants to throw in?

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

so our current pool for potential headliners is quite full and we've not got any clue who it's going to be, being this in the dark is exciting, make your choice from:

Stormzy, RATM, Arctic Monkeys, Eminem, Blink 182, Biffy Clyro, BMTH, Travis Scott, MCR

Surely must be at least two of them, any other names anybody wants to throw in?

Did I miss RHCP getting ruled out?