Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, defender4 said:

why’s that?

He’s done it before and as things stand there’s nothing to suggest Rage are coming to Europe this year. I thought for a minute that they might have been at Sziget which would have made them very likely, but now it seems that the clues were for Eminem.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true, because obviously Dan has a legit source. But like I say, he’s been known to troll us before, and as far as I can remember he only tends to leak the correct names the day before/not long before the actual announcement. We don’t even know when that is yet.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

He’s done it before and as things stand there’s nothing to suggest Rage are coming to Europe this year. I thought for a minute that they might have been at Sziget which would have made them very likely, but now it seems that the clues were for Eminem.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true, because obviously Dan has a legit source. But like I say, he’s been known to troll us before, and as far as I can remember he only tends to leak the correct names the day before/not long before the actual announcement. We don’t even know when that is yet.

So if the announcement is tomorrow he’s right

if it’s not we’ve got 

Travis/BMTH

LG

Courtneneers/KOL

6 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

So if the announcement is tomorrow he’s right

if it’s not we’ve got 

Travis/BMTH

LG

Courtneneers/KOL

What do you mean if the announcement is tomorrow his right? 

Has Dan mentioned that the announcement is tomorrow or am I missing something?

Sorry at work so dont get a chance to keep up :(

On 11/27/2019 at 12:41 AM, Dan Wilcox said:

History tells us I'll probably drop some fake hints based on nothing first, then retract that info and drop hints regarding genuine info that no one will believe because of the aforementioned bullshit. Ultimately no one will know what to believe based on my chequered history, but they'll veer towards whatever seems to be the worst case scenario based on Reading's own chequered history. 

Also, minimum 2 main stages this year.

also

17 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

What do you mean if the announcement is tomorrow his right? 

Has Dan mentioned that the announcement is tomorrow or am I missing something?

Sorry at work so dont get a chance to keep up :(

No I was joking end of the month, which seems a bit far away for Dan to have revealed it already

On 1/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, LG X said:

Gerry Cinnamon and /or The Streets have got be nailed on here? Gerry's gone from selling out O2 academy venues to doing a full arena tour and selling out Hampden stadium  within a year, merely off the back of supporting Courteeners on their Winter 2018 tour. Would draw a big pool on the day i think, like him or not he gets the atmosphere going - new album out in May too. 

The Streets are doing victorious the same weekend so they’re very unlikely unless they do 3 festivals in a weekend (victorious, reading & Leeds) however Gerry is very likely only seen him announced for 1/2 festivals so far

34 minutes ago, Kian said:

The Streets are doing victorious the same weekend so they’re very unlikely unless they do 3 festivals in a weekend (victorious, reading & Leeds) however Gerry is very likely only seen him announced for 1/2 festivals so far

The streets have victorious and SW4 already so would only be able to do reading or leeds 

9 minutes ago, swain said:

in my opinion, we're gonna get at least one of these

RATM

Stormzy

MCR

It seems that a lot of August festivals are only announcing now, however in Reading’s case, I think there very much has to be a reason to not have had a limited announcement as yet and I think it has to be due to one of the above too. 

Or maybe all three! (Or just the two Dan has mentioned in his ‘I may or may not know nothing post’!)

14 minutes ago, Travlarr said:

Rules him out tbh

Screenshot_20200205-110831_Twitter.jpg

Not convinced this rules him out, could just be doing Sziget, Reading etc and skipping early summer. Rolling Loud's social media is really interesting their twitter is all over the place.

edit: got my glass animals tickets today - I reckon with lowlands they must be nailed on for Reading, hopefully they announce something (glasto?) at their shows next week

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Biffy album coming out May now, confirmed. Does make them more or less likely? 

F28D5EC7-E17D-42D9-89E8-C0EE5454D8C9.png

I thought some people were suggesting that as they're doing R1BW that they may be doing UK festivals at the start of the month.

Sod's law for me that its All Points East on the day I'm in Manchester seeing The Killers. Would enjoy to see them again as they're usually good value for a great live show.

2 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

RSnrJRk.jpg

As you were.

16 hours ago, iforaneye said:

He's not sold out Hampden off the back of supporting the Courteeners 😆 Watch his TRNSMT 2018 set and that was before anyone in England had even heard of him, probably what brought him to Liam Fray's attention too as they were on after to a smaller crowd.

fair point, i’d say this is what made people aware of him but it was his courteeners support sets that really put him on if anything, hence why his initial march/april tour dates in 2019 were supposed to be really small - e.g. he intended to play the O2 Institute in Birmingham but immediately upgraded to Academy when he realised the extent of the demand.