Lineup 2020

randlfan

Liam is such a boring booking when compared to Rage and Stormzy, sure he'll shift plenty of tickets without a strong sub but i'm really hoping he has the strongest of the three seeing as i've got no interest in seeing him again, if there's nothing on in the other tents that night i'm sure i'll go and enjoy him regardless, in a dream world Kaytranada will headline the R1 tent against him seeing as he's around at the time

• Upvote 1

Reading Dan Wilcox’s posts, he hardly ever lies or makes bullshit up. The only time he has was when he admitted to lying in 2015 aside from that it’s only been sarcasm that you can tell is sarcasm. Even the acts he stated with the two main stages happened over a two year period with Royal Blood and Foo’s happening the year after and the two main stages could of fell through and they booked them for the year later.

Unless Dan wants to do a 2015 and lie which he admitted on a past post he would have to be bored then I don’t see why we shouldn’t believe it. It’s out there - no one expected Rage but until the second lie is a lie, I say believe it. Rage exclusive, Stormzy and Liam as the cheaper headliners to make way for a absolutely massive band that will sell tickets alone. It makes sense having Liam and a touring Stormzy as they are big but cheaper than some headliners and with Rage it makes pure sense. 

Massive booking and I can foresee that being one of the best gigs of my life if it proves true which at the moment I really do.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Reading Dan Wilcox’s posts, he hardly ever lies or makes bullshit up. The only time he has was when he admitted to lying in 2015 aside from that it’s only been sarcasm that you can tell is sarcasm. Even the acts he stated with the two main stages happened over a two year period with Royal Blood and Foo’s happening the year after and the two main stages could of fell through and they booked them for the year later.

Unless Dan wants to do a 2015 and lie which he admitted on a past post he would have to be bored then I don’t see why we shouldn’t believe it. It’s out there - no one expected Rage but until the second lie is a lie, I say believe it. Rage exclusive, Stormzy and Liam as the cheaper headliners to make way for a absolutely massive band that will sell tickets alone. It makes sense having Liam and a touring Stormzy as they are big but cheaper than some headliners and with Rage it makes pure sense. 

Massive booking and I can foresee that being one of the best gigs of my life if it proves true which at the moment I really do.

Imo I think someone like RATM is probably the only act that could make me come back to R&L. It’s a booking that feels almost impossible for some reason. 

Dan knows his stuff and you are right, he doesn’t lie.

Stormzy literally dropped that he was doing reading in his latest album. We put it aside because of his touring dates but what a surprise if it has been staring us in the face all this time.

Still think in terms of strength (rather than personal preference) 2009's headliners have yet to be beaten, followed by 2017. Then 2012.

But if Dan's claims are correct - and he has provided enough reason for us to take his word for it - then blimey, that is strong.

I'm guessing the lack of Biffy means summer/autumn arena tour instead? Need to promote that album somehow.

If it weren't for the fact that Stormzy's doing a tour round R/L time though, I'd call that along with RATM a coup though. One of the brightest up and coming acts along with one of the best legacy acts on the market?

Pretty good show on their part. Though I am curious who LG was brought in to replace.

Edited by Queen_of_rabbits

7 minutes ago, Queen_of_rabbits said:

Pretty good show on their part. Though I am curious who LG was brought in to replace.

Probably no one. Rage are going to cost a lot of money and it is a worthy investment. They are a band people will know and listen to if they don’t. They will sell out there day and loads of weekend tickets. They don’t need more expensive headliners. Stormzy: a pleaser for the grime lovers and for contemporary music. Liam Gallagher: Dark fruits and Oasis lovers, night of singalong, everyone knows Oasis songs. Rage: a famous rock band who made there own interpretation of rock who are known for political music. You appeal to grime, rock and dark fruits. That sells day tickets to different audiences and will sell weekend tickets as fans cross over and people will think fuck it let’s do the full weekend. It will be the most it has sold in ages and will be a success for FR. 

32 minutes ago, VCK said:

Still think in terms of strength (rather than personal preference) 2009's headliners have yet to be beaten, followed by 2017. Then 2012.

But if Dan's claims are correct - and he has provided enough reason for us to take his word for it - then blimey, that is strong.

2019 is the best headliner year of all time.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I can guarantee that the announcement of RATM would be met with a reaction of either “who?” Or “that’s nice now announce AM”.

Fiat 500 and Dark Fruits Twitter is gonna flip their shit. Although Liam is probably enough to keep DF twitter happy.

you say that but twitter is a bubble lmao, i guarantee there’d still be a huge amount of teenagers there. twitter locals make me wanna throw my phone out the window i swear. every single year they cry when it’s not am yet they’ll still go to the show and enjoy it. shit remember when muse got announced in 2017? still drew a huge crowd

side note, id hope that a ratm slot wouldn’t result in a flood of people that are far too old for reading, but i can’t see that happening realistically. but eh who cares lmfao i just wanna experience being punched in the face in a rage pit

40 minutes ago, defender4 said:

side note, id hope that a ratm slot wouldn’t result in a flood of people that are far too old for reading, but i can’t see that happening realistically. 

“Too old for Reading”? And what, in your opinion, is “too old”?

So with the talks really just focussing on LG/Stormzy/RATM, does that mean biffy and/or bmth are out of the pic? Also, what are people thinking about Tyler The Creator ? With him being at love box and park life, is he out of the question or still in the running for like a sub or 3rd down maybe?

7 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I can guarantee that the announcement of RATM would be met with a reaction of either “who?” Or “that’s nice now announce AM”.

Fiat 500 and Dark Fruits Twitter is gonna flip their shit. Although Liam is probably enough to keep DF twitter happy.

Dark fruit twitter might be miffed but other demographics buy festival tickets too. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I highly doubt it’ll sell out any quicker with the three headliners being touted. 2017 had three super heavyweight headliners for the UK and that didn’t sell out significantly quicker if I remember correctly. 

Hmm I dunno. Muse, Eminem, Kasabian are three popular headliners but there’s no one there with any sort of exclusivity factor.

There is no guarantee that rage will continue after 2020. Many people (like me) would snap a day ticket to be safe about it. Rage is the type of booking (as we’ve all said a few times now) that would tempt a strong following of past R&L goers back to the festival. Stormzy and Liam are too bad of the biggest selling ticketed acts this summer, I think there’s a chance that Reading could sell out much quicker this time around if those are the headlines.

It may also explain why they are so comfortable announcing the lineup a bit later. They know they have a lineup that sells?

Someone who has been right about Sziget headliners for the last 2 years running has said that Eminem is headlining there, is Dan messing with us and we actually have Eminem as one of the 2 missing headliners?

On the note of RATM that would instantly get me a day ticket as did Foo's last year when I'm not really thinking about attending this year.  

5 hours ago, Metalupyourass97 said:

Would love to see the dandy warhols and madness turn up at reading, but I'll take anything as long as they hurry up and announce something

I’d love Madness they’d be quality 

Ik this sounds stupid but do you think it’s taken this long because of LG announcing himself as well. He might’ve been co headlining but then they’ve had to change plans because they announced himself???

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Ik this sounds stupid but do you think it’s taken this long because of LG announcing himself as well. He might’ve been co headlining but then they’ve had to change plans because they announced himself???

If you believe Dan then no. He says Liam Gallagher is headlining, not with anyone or he doesn’t believe it is with anyone else. If you don’t believe him or are skeptical then maybe he could be co-headlining and it’s like Biffy/Liam, BMTH and Eminem. 

I do think the arguments weak saying Liam is definitely a headliner if we didn’t get Dans information, they had no choice to announce him and wouldn’t want to give anything else away. 

Dans right tho, so no need to worry. Rage, Liam and Stormzy (that order cause I’m a Leeds attendee and that’s the best one)

7 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are Biffy ruled out? Asking because after headlining they said they didn't really care about slipping back down the lineups so I'd assume they'd be happy enough to sub.

If they said that I could see Biffy subbing Rage

Skepta subbing LG

and 2DCC or Catfish subbing Stormzy