Lineup 2020

randlfan

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Dan said the announcement was coming end of feb and it doesn’t look like there’s anything coming soon.

Looking back at his posts he always seems to get R&L info that is so accurate that we almost struggle to believe it when it drops. He also got Travis Scott for 2018 before Travis was on any poster (travis was a late addition).

I’m gonna believe him that it’s Stormzy, LG, RATM. Dan’s ‘leaks’ always look stupid at first but then turn out to be true. I had a little look over when he got fob, Kendrick, Kol and stuck to his guns after walls of abuse.

Very, very true. I remember the 2018 headliner news going down like a lead balloon and lots of people choosing to disbelieve the info. 

With the RATM stuff, someone on the Download forums a few weeks ago said that they were taking it with a pinch of salt but they’d been told by someone reliable that RATM were headlining R&L. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Very, very true. I remember the 2018 headliner news going down like a lead balloon and lots of people choosing to disbelieve the info. 

With the RATM stuff, someone on the Download forums a few weeks ago said that they were taking it with a pinch of salt but they’d been told by someone reliable that RATM were headlining R&L. 

The reason I somewhat believe it is because I was told that this RATM is really thrown together. Prophets of Rage had an entire 2020 tour that was scrapped. Coachella didn’t originally have them lined up to be headliners.

The European promoter that said they weren’t coming to Europe in 2020 probably wasn’t bullshitting. I reckon it might have been right at the time they were putting their lineup together.

Reading’s silence has to be for a reason. Either someone pulled out or they waited on getting an act. Stormzy and Liam sound like safe bookings. Maybe they signed both of them up and focused on trying to get RATM for the third.

Edited by Matt42

hi 

i’m new here but i’m going to reading this year for the first time (im 16) so i thought i might drop in my 2 cents

ratm have done reading every time they’ve done a reunion, unless you count 2010. it would make sense for them to come, especially in the political climate

i’m not getting my hopes up but that’s purely so i don’t get disappointed lmfao

i also have a sneaking suspicion that tame impala might make an appearance, considering they’re releasing a new album soon

Edited by defender4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, defender4 said:

hi 

i’m new here but i’m going to reading this year for the first time (am 16) so i thought i might drop in my 2 cents

ratm have done reading every time they’ve done a reunion, unless you count 2010. it would make sense for them to come, especially in the political climate

i’m not getting my hopes up but that’s purely so i don’t get disappointed lmfao

i also have a sneaking suspicion that tame impala might make an appearance, considering they’re releasing a new album soon

Tame are APE exclusive 

and yes it is a fact that RATM have done reading for every reunion of theirs.

Previously someone said RATM were supposedly not doing Europe until 2021, but things change. Purely anecdotal but I remember my mate asking Guy Garvey from Elbow sometime around late 2010 when he ran into him in a bar in Manchester if Elbow were doing any festivals the following year, he was told they were playing Glastonbury but they hadn't been booked Reading and Leeds, when they ended up subbing.

Maybe Festival Republic were struggling to find headliners so they rolled the dice and ended up actually getting Rage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Can confirm you don't want to see The Fratellis live, sitting through a bunch of average songs to hear the one song that's meant to go off but they're so boring on stage that the song doesn't hit as hard, swerve them.

Reminds me I saw Electric Six in Milton Keynes a few years back, and I actually thought Gay Bar was the weakest song due to people being more interested in photos/videos rather than dancing, as they were for the rest of the night.

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

Previously someone said RATM were supposedly not doing Europe until 2021, but things change. Purely anecdotal but I remember my mate asking Guy Garvey from Elbow sometime around late 2010 when he ran into him in a bar in Manchester if Elbow were doing any festivals the following year, he was told they were playing Glastonbury but they hadn't been booked Reading and Leeds, when they ended up subbing.

Maybe Festival Republic were struggling to find headliners so they rolled the dice and ended up actually getting Rage.

Hey if they've pulled that off, they've hit the jackpot. But maybe its easy to get sucked into speculation that, against the odds, they pulled it off.

5 minutes ago, Helenahe said:

I’m confused about why they haven’t released the lineup? Surely if they have booked the acts then they would release it as soon as possible to sell as many tickets

If it’s RATM, it’ll be tying them down I assume. Other fests with them headlining have had late announcements this year and if they’ve only recently been booked then it makes sense to wait until the end of this month to announce anything. Payday.

If Stormzy-LG-RATM are the three headliners that would be absolutely outrageous. Being younger and both a rock/grime fan that is an ideal lineup for me.

I know RATM have gone to R+L on each of their reunion tours and it would make sense in the current political climate for them to come, but I’m not getting my hopes up. My absolute dream is to see them live.

Stormzy and LG both safe options, popular with younger festival goers. Think both would be great. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DreamDraw34 said:

If Stormzy-LG-RATM are the three headliners that would be absolutely outrageous. Being younger and both a rock/grime fan that is an ideal lineup for me.

I know RATM have gone to R+L on each of their reunion tours and it would make sense in the current political climate for them to come, but I’m not getting my hopes up. My absolute dream is to see them live.

Stormzy and LG both safe options, popular with younger festival goers. Think both would be great. 

agreed yeah

much as i’m really not into stormzy’s kinda music, he’s fucking massive. my only worry is he’ll draw the wrong sort of crowd lmao i don’t wanna be camping with roadmen

rage would be fucking amazing but like. idk. some people say it’s more likely to be next year but i’m just gonna trust you guys because you know what you’re on about lmfao

off topic but if anyone’s got some tips for someone going for the first time that’d be calm 

Edited by defender4

Just now, defender4 said:

rage would be fucking amazing but like. idk. some people say it’s more likely to be next year but i’m just gonna trust you guys because you know what you’re on about lmfaO

With rage there is no guarantee of next year. In the past they have reunited, played a string of shows, then disbanded again.

If they are available, or possible to book, then any festival has to act fast. They there is 0 guarantee they will still be going even at the end of 2020.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think there’s a chance of a fast sell out with those three headliners? Three pretty big ticket shifters.

I won’t be alone in getting a day ticket solely for rage?

Yeah I reckon it’ll shift faster than recent years. Day tickets for RATM would surely go very quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think there’s a chance of a fast sell out with those three headliners? Three pretty big ticket shifters.

I won’t be alone in getting a day ticket solely for rage?

Rage will definitely bring back people who haven’t gone to R+L in years, if they’re booked then lots of Sunday day tickets.

Stormzy and LG would sell out fast aswell of course, both massive draws.

Bit off topic but just think those 3 headliners are too good to be true.

Edited by DreamDraw34

1 minute ago, defender4 said:

agreed yeah

much as i’m really not into stormzy’s kinda music, he’s fucking massive. my only worry is he’ll draw the wrong sort of crowd lmao i don’t wanna be camping with roadmen

rage would be fucking amazing but like. idk. some people say it’s more likely to be next year but i’m just gonna trust you guys because you know what you’re on about lmfao

off topic but if anyone’s got some tips for someone going for the first time that’d be calm 

Dont really think stormzy will attract roadmen, most people i know who listen to stormzy just appreciate grime, most of the 'roadmen' i know prefer drill like Headie One and heavier grime acts like Skepta, a lot of stormzy's stuff isnt even that grime, like BBYG2 and about half the stuff on his first album. He seems to be the poster boy for grime because hes safe compared to others

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DreamDraw34 said:

But off topic but Just think those 3 headliners are too good to be true.

In 2018 we couldn’t believe how weak Dan Wilcox’s three headliners were.

In 2020 we feel that they are too strong.

Life works in cycles. Life has its ways.

2 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

Dont really think stormzy will attract roadmen, most people i know who listen to stormzy just appreciate grime, most of the 'roadmen' i know prefer drill like Headie One and heavier grime acts like Skepta, a lot of stormzy's stuff isnt even that grime, like BBYG2 and about half the stuff on his first album. He seems to be the poster boy for grime because hes safe compared to others

yeah fair point, and ngl grime isn’t really as big as it once was. readings not for drill, if people want that they can go wireless