Lineup 2020

randlfan

4 minutes ago, Wev said:

Could swear that last summer the strokes were back and forth between Europe and America so why would them being in some places at the start of summer rule them out?

believe they did US - EU - US last year but they did fly back here for Electric Picnic at the end of August during their US tour dates so it is possible but i'd still say they're quite unlikely

11 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

also just had a look at this RATM hint and somebody managed to somehow form a link between RATM and an emoji doing a bench press, now thats reaching

It's cos of this https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-zack-de-la-rocha-hit-the-gym-to-get-in-shape-for-rage-against-the-machines-reunion-shows-2604734

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Just that Liam Gallagher is touring heavily this year and headlining R&L this year

Right but the guy you were quoting was clearly referencing Stormzy's full on UK arena tour which starts less than a week after R&L and includes 3 dates at the O2 and a date at Leeds. Liam Gallagher has nothing comparable to that, and I agree with @escapehere that a tour of that scale so soon after R&L would be pretty unprecedented, someone else can do the research of when the last time anything like that happened if they can be arsed.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

yeah i know but that is still such a stretch, also the question asked to the guy was what the reaction will be to the line up not who's headlining, think the two emojis relate more to a positive reaction due to the line up being 'strong'

33 minutes ago, swain said:

really don't want to see bring me. They're so shit.

Abso fucking lutely 

A mix of death core and radio friendly pop rock.

They wouldn't draw a crowd at R and L, or would draw a barebones crowd of hardcore fans at the front similar to MCR last time they headlined.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Abso fucking lutely 

They wouldn't draw a crowd at R and L, or would draw a barebones crowd of hardcore fans at the front similar to MCR last time they headlined.

They’ve had zero features of deathcore in their music since 2010 at the very, very latest so I don’t really know what you mean. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Abso fucking lutely 

Yeah because their secret set in 2018 drew zero crowd yeah :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, j.gibbard said:

Tramlines has just been announced. Any of these more or less likely?

TL20-First-Line-Up-1080x1350px-819x1024.png

Hope Ian Brown is nowhere near the festival after his godawful 2009 performance, unless the Roses reform again.

Which will never happen as the festival had two clear "through on goal" opportunities to get them in 2016 and 2017, and passed them both up.

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

So you are saying their history is death core... yeah just like I said.

Not familiar with what classes as deathcore as i'm not a fan of that stuff but looking at their recent setlists in Asia and US they don't play anything pre-sempiternal, so the fact that their history is deathcore that has no relevance to their live set and what they'd play at R&L.

They managed to pack out the NME tent which is upwards of 20,000 capacity isn't it? and they weren't even on the lineup, don't think they'd have any problem drawing a big crowd considering since they last played they've had their first number one album (knocking off Greatest Show soundtrack which seemed unbeatable at the time) and have had significant radio play on Radio 1 since Amo

28 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Abso fucking lutely 

Wouldn't draw a crowd really?? Mate Bring me the horizon are a massive band and much of the reading demographic like them young and old. They subbed metallica in 2015 and drew one of the biggest crowds of the weekend at Leeds. They also headlined the opening night of mad cool in Madrid last year and the place was rammed. Not to mention their own massive outdoor show last Summer. Your comment is madness! love them or loathe them they draw big crowds. 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, LG X said:

Gerry Cinnamon and /or The Streets have got be nailed on here? Gerry's gone from selling out O2 academy venues to doing a full arena tour and selling out Hampden stadium  within a year, merely off the back of supporting Courteeners on their Winter 2018 tour. Would draw a big pool on the day i think, like him or not he gets the atmosphere going - new album out in May too. 

He's not sold out Hampden off the back of supporting the Courteeners 😆 Watch his TRNSMT 2018 set and that was before anyone in England had even heard of him, probably what brought him to Liam Fray's attention too as they were on after to a smaller crowd.