randlfan

Still going with The Gorillaz Headlining as they would be a nice Switch up 

Gorillaz // Bring Me The Horizon // Brockhampton

King Krule 

Travis Scott / Liam G // Tyler The Creator // Gerry Cinnamon 

Two Door Cinema Club

MCR // Vampire Weekend // Rex Orange County

Roddy Ricch

I'm not sure having Vampire Weekend under MCR not sure if it works?

Edited by Dim Sum

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Last year was Distillers / Frank Carter / ADTR / Foo Fighters so Idles/ BMTH / RATM is not an absurd list for L/R whatsoever. 

Not in the slightest. 

esp with alternative programming on the other stages

2 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Whether Dan is having us on or not, I could still see Stormzy doing it tbh. All 3 London dates and Leeds nearly sold out, as well as most of the other dates on tour. Clearly a lot of demand for him. (plus there’s nothing stopping people already doing those dates wanting to go to see him again at Leeds)

emphasis on the word 'Nearly' they've been on sale for a few months already and past hip hop/grime headliners like Kendrick and Post have sold out in days. Plus have to admit Skepta headlining Wireless has already sold out Saturday after a few days so wouldn't be surprised if he turns up somewhere on the lineup especially as he came our last year in Octavians set. 

2 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

emphasis on the word 'Nearly' they've been on sale for a few months already and past hip hop/grime headliners like Kendrick and Post have sold out in days. Plus have to admit Skepta headlining Wireless has already sold out Saturday after a few days so wouldn't be surprised if he turns up somewhere on the lineup especially as he came our last year in Octavians set. 

who Skepta or Stormzy?

I'd have thought Victorious Festival's announcement would delay Reading by another week at least due to competing events over the same weekend and Reading to Portsmouth not being that far a distance.

If they've managed to convince RATM to ditch their much billed US-only focus to do this as a Euro exclusive, fair play, but I would honestly be very surprised.

I'm surprised by the suggestion of Stormzy as well. Would've thought the fact he's playing Leeds Arena not long after R&L as part of a big UK tour was an indication by itself that he's got his own thing ready to roll.

Edited by charlierc

57 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

Download’s gotten a lot less heavy in recent years to be fair, last time I went Biffy and Aerosmith were headlining 

I remember when Muse played Download in 2015 that the band were saying a lot about how they'd bring out a lot of their heavier older cuts and some people who went to Download before then said to other Muse fans that the Download crowd would be fine even with poppier shit like Madness and Starlight. Though even then, some longer time Download goers would say Muse being there in general is another sign the festival's gotten softer.

Such is the nature tbf - I thought Kerrang was meant to be for heavier stuff and I think the mag still is yet I've seen Killers, Kings of Leon and Hives songs on their TV channel in the recent past.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I remember when Muse played Download in 2015 that the band were saying a lot about how they'd bring out a lot of their heavier older cuts and some people who went to Download before then said to other Muse fans that the Download crowd would be fine even with poppier shit like Madness and Starlight. Though even then, some longer time Download goers would say Muse being there in general is another sign the festival's gotten softer.

Such is the nature tbf - I thought Kerrang was meant to be for heavier stuff and I think the mag still is yet I've seen Killers, Kings of Leon and Hives songs on their TV channel in the recent past.

Cant believe people still get upset about festivals not being as heavy, proper petty.

Muse were class when they headlined download.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Travis Scott would be the better choice, he sold out his o2 show last year in about 2mins.

9 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Cant believe people still get upset about festivals not being as heavy, proper petty.

I’d much rather have Muse or Biffy back, or Have them take a chance on someone like Green Day or Foo Fighters than have Iron Maiden and SOAD for like the billionth time.

But back to R&L, Rage doing a European exclusive Anti Tory/Anti Brexit show would be insane. 

29 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Their set at that looked much more in line with what I'd like than what I got on the full Drones tour the following April. Even if I still got Map of the Problematique.

But I think its a historic thing as much as anything, given Download has in the past been for the full-on heavy stuff. Although I'm not sure if R&L is the best example - even in the past there's been rap and hip-hop acts on the bill, just now they're more prominent and consistently on the bill, aided by rock slowing down in the last 10 years or so.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Why are people still predicting MCR?

I'm guessing it helped their USA tour doesn't start until September, leaving the weekend free. But equally, its quite something its had such sticking power even after the MK shows all came and went.