Lineup 2020

randlfan

11 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

Dua's tour is massive & she's only gonna get bigger, she'd sub at least or the R1 would be dangerously full.

At this point in the festivals life, it seems as if R1 headliner is an alternative main stage headliner that doesnt fit the vibe of R&L headliner.

If they were to do 2 main stages, I can see it just being a developed R1 stage and that's why I imagine Bastille HL last year against Foos. "Can we book you?" "Yes headline or nothing" "well you can headline our second main stage"

I think sub and R1 is a step across at the moment and both set up nicely to headline in the future

1 minute ago, sameimpala said:

RATM - Tyler, The Creator - Lizzo

Liam Gallagher - Courteeners 

Biffy/Blink - Wolf Alice 

As a courteeners fan myself, their new album would go down like a sinking ship at Reading. Can't think of anything more dull than hearing heavy jacket on that mainstage. 

10 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

I agree tbh but saw them headline Tramlines last year and they were solid. Not want who I want to sub but it's v likely innit, 3rd down maybe. 

same I thought they were ace at Tramlines, in 2018 the crowd at Reading was absolutely woeful for them. Shit crowds at reading is one of the reasons why 'm going Leeds this year. 

32 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

RATM - Tyler, The Creator - Lizzo

Liam Gallagher - Courteeners 

Biffy/Blink - Wolf Alice 

Lizzo ain’t playing that low. One of the most in demand acts around right now. I’d honestly say she’s a sub or nothing.

Also her absence from June - July festivals makes me wonder if she’s on the late European circuit. She might be a good shout for a pop sub.

Gonna take a punt

Stormzy / Lizzo

Liam Gallagher / Courteeners

Rage Against The Machine / BMTH

Seems a bit strong though. Maybe I’m just pessimistic.

6 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Not even expecting it but I'll still be devastated if it's not Rage now

Rage - BMTH - Idles - Limp Bizkit 😍

Wrong forum, I believe you’re looking for the Download Festival forum, although their lineup is announce and SOAD are headlining