Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Just gets a bit boring with people faking. Like just throw out prediction posters but no point try to fake and fool people. Just a bit sad really. 

SAYING THAT, it does get people thinking though! Anyone remember Bicep doing there fake a few years back? That was class of them tbh

I always thought this, how often can someone continue to think it’s hilarious to prank everyone by trying to fool them with a fake poster?

It’s been going on for ages yet personally it got old years ago.

it may have been funny the first few times but week after week, years and years in a row? Nah.

18 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I always thought this, how often can someone continue to think it’s hilarious to prank everyone by trying to fool them with a fake poster?

It’s been going on for ages yet personally it got old years ago.

it may have been funny the first few times but week after week, years and years in a row? Nah.

Something to talk about though 

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Foster the People doing Europe festivals in August. Two announced at the start around Sziget weekend, reckon we'll see them at Reading! Haven't played the UK for like 8 years or something crazy

PUMPED UP KICKS for an hour and a half please

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

PUMPED UP KICKS for an hour and a half please

They actually have a ton of good songs 😕 Houdini, Loyal like Sid and Nancy, Sit Next to Me, Doing it for the money etc. Sacred Hearts Club has like 5 bangers alone

• Upvote 2

Melvin Benn said Rage Against The Machine are his ultimate headliner. If they're available, he'll try and get them.

Hellfest organiser Ben Barbaud did say he tried to book them this year but couldn't as they weren't touring Europe until 2021. 

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

Foster the People doing Europe festivals in August. Two announced at the start around Sziget weekend, reckon we'll see them at Reading! Haven't played the UK for like 8 years or something crazy

That's cool. Would make a great Festival Republic headliner, for me. I don't think a single soul at R&L would have heard their most recent record but they've got a good back catalogue. Hard for anyone who played FIFA through 2011-2015 to not have a soft spot for em -  Call It What You Want and Are You What You Want To Be? brings back good memories. Houdini and Coming of Age are good too.

41 minutes ago, Ichacu said:

I dont think they even perform pumped up kicks anymore because thats all they became known for, i heard that somewhere idk if its true

I think you're referring to the fact they didn't play it at a few notable shows in the States following one of the mass shootings a few years back (Vegas I think). 

9 hours ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Doesn't suggest LG // Stormzy // RATM so nope. 

If those are the headliners it looks like I’m buying a day ticket for RATM.

I last attended reading in 2014. I never thought I would come back but if they’ve got RATM I’m getting a day ticket.

@JSmurphy

What year was it where RATM pulled out of Download to play Reading and Leeds? RATM have very close ties to Coachella and R&L. I felt like both festivals have moved on from booking Rage, but Coachella got them.

I’m reluctant to fully believe it but I will be hopeful. I’m putting some money aside to save lol.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@JSmurphy

What year was it where RATM pulled out of Download to play Reading and Leeds? RATM have very close ties to Coachella and R&L. I felt like both festivals have moved on from booking Rage, but Coachella got them.

I’m reluctant to fully believe it but I will be hopeful. I’m putting some money aside to save lol.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of that. No idea. Anyone else know more? 

Likewise, I'm treating this very cautiously. But being optimistic...

I guess this might have just been organised last minute. Maybe their plans have changed and they've decided to do the European festivals at the end of the summer, which is why Hellfest and other June festivals thought they weren't stopping by until 2021. Day tickets would fly out. I can't think of many of my friends who used to go to R&L, or just go for a day or two like me, not immediately jumping on this.

I also feel like Stormzy headlining has been staring us in the face the entire time. 

It's probably still going to be BMTH/Biffy/Eminem but it's nice to dream.

1 hour ago, Ichacu said:

I dont think they even perform pumped up kicks anymore because thats all they became known for, i heard that somewhere idk if its true

Never paid attention to the lyrics of it, but apparently they stopped playing because of questionable lyrics. Can anyone give any idea on this?