Lineup 2020

randlfan

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

RULED OUT:
Billie Eilish: Asia Tour.
Green Day: Hella Mega Tour.
Fall Out Boy: Hella Mega Tour.
Muse: Global Citizen gig and maybe a RAH date is all they've got linen up. Matt and his wife have just had their second child. Not happening.

UNLIKELY: 
Radiohead: Thom Yorke on tour until end of July. Ed busy with debut solo album. No activity in their camp whatsoever. 
The Band Fronted By Gerard Way: no further comment.
Slipknot: Knotfest UK
AC/DC: Zero reliable information about their comeback. Would head straight for stadiums if/when they do it.
Arctic Monkeys: No news of their next album. Talk of them recording in France was likely untrue. 
Stormzy: 3x London dates and a Leeds date right next to R&L. Surely not. 
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Weren't booked as of 09/01.

Can anyone make sense of this? I'd say Stormzy is the likliest of the bunch but that'd be massive overkill too. I have no idea.

Thank you for bringing sense! I'd agree that Stormzy remains the most likely out of that lot, followed by RHCP. Honestly, I think those two and Slipknot (even then, with Knotfest, I really can't see it) are the only three which are distinct possibilities.

All have incredibly strong evidence against them, but I could definitely see Stormzy doubling up on live dates. He's that much of a strong ticket shifter.

I know not many people in this forum care about many "mumble" "soundcloud" rappers but i was looking through who wasnt exclusive in the uk at wireless and includes the likes of Lil Uzi, Playboi Carti, Trippie Redd, A$AP Ferg, Pop Smoke, Polo G, Skepta(is only London exclusive),Dababy,  Meek Mill, Aj Tracey, Lil Baby, City Girls, Lil Tecca

But Rocky, Thug, Nav, Doja , Rico Nasty, A Boogie and Roddy Ricch are ruled out

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Thank you for bringing sense! I'd agree that Stormzy remains the most likely out of that lot, followed by RHCP. Honestly, I think those two and Slipknot (even then, with Knotfest, I really can't see it) are the only three which are distinct possibilities.

All have incredibly strong evidence against them, but I could definitely see Stormzy doubling up on live dates. He's that much of a strong ticket shifter.

How are Slipknot a “distinct” possibility?

In what world?

They have announced their own outdoor gig which is the week before the festival there is no way on earth they are doing any big outdoor gigs in the UK this year. 

Those who can not be named are more likely than Slipknot and we all know that they aren’t playing but considering their UK shows are months before rather than the week before makes them more likely.

1 minute ago, metallimuse said:

How are Slipknot a “distinct” possibility?

In what world?

They have announced their own outdoor gig which is the week before the festival there is no way on earth they are doing any big outdoor gigs in the UK this year. 

Those who can not be named are more likely than Slipknot and we all know that they aren’t playing but considering their UK shows are months before rather than the week before makes them more likely.

Maybe distinct is a strong word, fair enough.

My point was more that the likes of AM, Radiohead etc literally aren't active.

As I say, Knotfest is pretty incriminating evidence they won't play, but what I'm saying is they're the only three acts not ruled out on that list who are gigging whatsoever.

Appreciate and agree with everything you've said!

• Upvote 1