Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I took it as “meet one of the acts During the festival” rather than meet them on Monday. 

B9D21747-3EC6-49E8-90DE-3DE56A61F35E.jpeg

What I meant, surely winning a prize to meet ‘one of the acts’ is a bit shit and would be better knowing who it is (assuming it isn’t Liam)

1 minute ago, TornShaun said:

Like 2018! When we got Kings of Leon 😭

That 48 hours on here when Dan said that two of the headliners were Kings of Leon and Fall Out Boy were amazing. We covered nearly all the stages of grief: shock, denial, anger, bargaining. 

Announce #1 of 2014 was pretty bad: blink-182, Jake Bugg, Disclosure, Metronomy, Of Mice & Men, Wilkinson, I Am Legion.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Queen_of_rabbits said:

Why wouldn't they get a headline slot? They shifted a metric tonne of CDs, especially in the mid-2000s. Even if they tapered off slightly due to going on hiatus for six-seven years, they're still draw large enough crowds to fill most arenas across America/Europe.

Aside from the fact they don't suit R&L at all the only UK festivals they've headlined are boomtown and bestival which are hardly R&L size. (Before you say Glastonbury this doesn't count as they were drafted in fairly last minute to replace U2). Selling tickets to your own show is very different to headlining a festival. Gorillaz are the type of band people would pay to see at their own show but their fans wouldn't pay for a day ticket at R&L which is a younger audience. Gorillaz would be a leftfield booking that would likely go down alot better somewhere like APE or Latitude. 

47 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I announced we were getting the line up with R1 jan slam end of month (31st) a week ago and it went completely unnoticed. I TOLD YOU ALL! I have a friend in media who told me the info I had.

We ain’t getting an announcement tomorrow if there’s no announcement about the announcement. They ain’t gonna drop names without warning anyone coz half the goers would just miss it. If they announce that there will be an announcement Monday tomorrow, it’s gives them a whole weekend for the word to spread

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Are the Darkness still festival worthy

Ik they are no where near headliners anymore, but a third / 4th on the main maybe??

Nobody cares about them mate

27 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Friday:

TRAVIS SCOTT

Dua Lipa

AJ Tracey

R1: Idles

Saturday:

LIAM GALLAGHER

Two Door Cinema Club

Sam Fender

R1: Rag’n’bone man 

Sunday:

BLINK-182

BRING ME THE HORIZON

Don Broco

R1: Gerry Cinnamon

No way is gerry in the tent

24 minutes ago, foolee said:

Aside from the fact they don't suit R&L at all the only UK festivals they've headlined are boomtown and bestival which are hardly R&L size. (Before you say Glastonbury this doesn't count as they were drafted in fairly last minute to replace U2). Selling tickets to your own show is very different to headlining a festival. Gorillaz are the type of band people would pay to see at their own show but their fans wouldn't pay for a day ticket at R&L which is a younger audience. Gorillaz would be a leftfield booking that would likely go down alot better somewhere like APE or Latitude. 

Except Gorillaz have a crossover appeal with the young team, so arguing that they'd be unpopular with the R&L crowd is kind of moot. They also had Eminem in 2016, so having a pop-rap act is hardly novel for the festival.

Also, in fairness, Gorillaz only tour when they release new material, it makes sense that a very sporadic release cycle wouldn't align well with major festivals.

Though they fact they're releasing new material this week and for presumably the next dozen or so after, would suggest that they're likely active again, given they've toured every other release.

39 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Friday:

TRAVIS SCOTT

Dua Lipa

AJ Tracey

R1: Idles

Saturday:

LIAM GALLAGHER

Two Door Cinema Club

Sam Fender

R1: Rag’n’bone man 

Sunday:

BLINK-182

BRING ME THE HORIZON

Don Broco

R1: Gerry Cinnamon

Blink 182 headlining would be shit but if Gerry is in the tent then happy days! BMTH then Gerry and I’m a happy man.

But don’t see it happening.

2 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

Last year R&L shared all four of its headliners with Sziget festival in Budapest.

In last five years Sziget has never announced later than January (and usually much earlier). They have not yet announced for 2020.

There is a reason both R&L and Sziget have not announced yet. And that reason is a big name announcement.

Expect something over the next 10 to 14 days. It's coming........and it certainly isn't BMTH!

Only a small number of acts in the world can have such control over their announcements.

Eminem or Metallica.

8 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Hope The Hunna are booked again. Can see them subbing main stage tbh 

I like them. But honestly at this point I think they're a 5th or 6th down at best. They've been rebuilding their image since the issues with their label and they've not put out album number 3 yet. Once that's out it'll be easier to see where they would play. But given they seem like they're trying to shed the image of being plainer-than-plain indie, Im not sure I see them reaching the heights they were bound for before, at least not for a while