Lineup 2020

randlfan

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

Well if that's the case:

Billie Eilish, Green Day and FOB have confirmed tour dates during the festival so they're definitely out.

Stormzy and Slipknot are surely our based on tour date proximity, and MCR will have already played in the UK.

RHCP supposedly have all their dates amount but that doesn't seem to be confirmed.

Muse, AC/DC, Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys have no tour dates announced, I think.

I'm sure Muse have said they're doing limited dates this year and Arctic Monkeys I'm sure said there weren't any more shows until the next album was out. AC/DC are surely Download bound if they come over at all.

Thom Yorke and EOB seem to be touring separately until July though which probably makes Radiohead the most likely at the moment.

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

Well it's down to them or RHCP in my opinion based on Dan's statement. Chilis are definitely the more likely if they have more dates to add, Yorke and EOB could easily add more separate tour dates.

😂😂 your gold you mate just pull random shite out your arse 

1) stormzy and slipknot aren’t ruled out at all especially for any tour dates in fact makes them more likely 

2) ac/dc wouldn’t be at download either the line up is complete 

3) mcr already having of played in the uk again doesn’t matter at all (show sold out in mins) Liam g has shows and festivals up and down the country 🤷🏼‍♂️

4) although all mentioned would be festival exclusives as it stands (pretty sure mcr will be added to glasto) R&L like an exclusive so that doesn’t rule out AM, Radiohead or muse 

On 1/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, Jericode said:

It's a Stadium no the Bowl.

Ignore the comment from above. Personally I think Gorillaz would close both sites if Biffy or Blink were to co with them. Due to the back catalogue Gorillaz have and also the guests they pull for their shows. And when I saw them in 2017 they were exceptional. 

3 minutes ago, __Phoenix said:

No one think Calvin Harris is a possibility?

He plays Creamfields Saturday night, which means it would make sense to:

Play Leeds on Friday (North)

Play Creamfields on Saturday (Cheshire)

Play Reading on Sunday (South)

He’d be an outright headliner tho and LG,Stormzy,Calvin sounds awful

Last year R&L shared all four of its headliners with Sziget festival in Budapest.

In last five years Sziget has never announced later than January (and usually much earlier). They have not yet announced for 2020.

There is a reason both R&L and Sziget have not announced yet. And that reason is a big name announcement.

Expect something over the next 10 to 14 days. It's coming........and it certainly isn't BMTH!

Only a small number of acts in the world can have such control over their announcements.

Edited by So Sad Simon

I'd be very surprised if Gorillaz weren't an outright headliner tbh. Especially with new music in the pipelines with Slaves and Slowthai.

I mean, I'm speaking purely as someone who carouses with younger music fans as a consequence of my studies but their hip hop elements seems to lend well to crossover appeal with the young team.

Out of everything proposed, it's probably the sanest and best headliner that seems believeable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

Yeah we had this discussion a few pages back on the day Firefly was announced! Making it highly likely they’ll play R&L and then follow in Sept with a UK tour! (Well I’m hoping haha)

Haha heres hoping too would go see them twice no problem 

This thread is literally mental, I don’t understand it. No idea why people are predicting Gorillaz or think the Calvin might play. Both of those would be so random and really out of sync with the R&L booking policy. Plus the fact that Gorillaz would only accept a headline slot that Reading wouldn’t give them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

AHJ said no UK Festivals unfortunately in an interview. December shows I heard apparently but not sure I believe that - want a outdoor show anyway :( 

I reckon its got to be RHCP honestly - they HAVE to be around or Sziget literally will not have 7 headliners of a good size. I reckon they surely must be around (also i bet all the fests that booked them before John rejoined are reaping the benefits of him rejoining in ticket sales)

Have you got a link for the interview?

37 minutes ago, foolee said:

This thread is literally mental, I don’t understand it. No idea why people are predicting Gorillaz or think the Calvin might play. Both of those would be so random and really out of sync with the R&L booking policy. Plus the fact that Gorillaz would only accept a headline slot that Reading wouldn’t give them.

Why wouldn't they get a headline slot? They shifted a metric tonne of CDs, especially in the mid-2000s. Even if they tapered off slightly due to going on hiatus for six-seven years, they're still draw large enough crowds to fill most arenas across America/Europe.

Stormzy, Liam Gallagher and Slipknot. Would be brilliant (caters for all markets)

The long delay is due to Slipknot and Stormzys tour. 

*obviously this is way too good to be true, but If they pulled this out the bag, I think we’d see Reading weekend tickets sell out quickly for first time since 2010. 

• Downvote 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:05 PM, Chad888 said:

Been told Liam Gallagher is co-headlining. He isn't outright.

F knows who with though or if he is first or last.

They haven't revealed anything else but he completely messed it up revealing it when he did and they've gone in to damage control so kept shtum on the other names until (expected) the big reveal on R1 Jan Slam give away end of the month (so this week reveal).

I announced we were getting the line up with R1 jan slam end of month (31st) a week ago and it went completely unnoticed. I TOLD YOU ALL! I have a friend in media who told me the info I had.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I announced we were getting the line up with R1 jan slam end of month (31st) a week ago and it went completely unnoticed. I TOLD YOU ALL! I have a friend in media who told me the info I had.

Has it been announced that it will be on radio 1 jan slam tomorrow?...

4 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

The 27th of January was literally 4 days ago 

5 minutes ago, K2001 said:

Do we reckon that they might say that the first names will be announced next Monday or something when giving away the two tickets??

‘Plus meet one of the acts’ is pretty shit when it’s just Liam isn’t it?

I took it as “meet one of the acts During the festival” rather than meet them on Monday. 

B9D21747-3EC6-49E8-90DE-3DE56A61F35E.jpeg