Lineup 2020

randlfan

I'm curious if it is Biffy or not. They've played R&L three times since 2010, twice as headliner, surely it would be a disappointing booking? Sure they have album out soon and they've not done a lot of big 10k+ shows since their arena tour in 2016 but surely it would be anti-climatic?

Maybe I'm wrong but the fact they aren't doing a festival outside a promo (Big Weekend) in Scotland, makes me think they're doing an arena tour this summer instead? It's been almost four years since they played the Hydro.

8 minutes ago, Alfrancis1989 said:

Are we ruling out Eminem??  Just he’s had 2 albums since last time he played. And his latest album has gone straight in at No.1

Could he be a bit of a dark horse?

More like a slowly dying donkey, please no 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

My chemical romance 100% out

Billie Eilish 100% out

Green Day 100% out

Red Hot Chili Peppers (claim they are) out

Fallout Boy 100% out

Muse 100% out

Radiohead 100% out

Slipknot 100% out

AC/DC 100% out

Stormzy 100% out

Arctic Monkeys 100% out

At least one of these is 100% wrong.

Well if that's the case:

Billie Eilish, Green Day and FOB have confirmed tour dates during the festival so they're definitely out.

Stormzy and Slipknot are surely our based on tour date proximity, and MCR will have already played in the UK.

RHCP supposedly have all their dates amount but that doesn't seem to be confirmed.

Muse, AC/DC, Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys have no tour dates announced, I think.

I'm sure Muse have said they're doing limited dates this year and Arctic Monkeys I'm sure said there weren't any more shows until the next album was out. AC/DC are surely Download bound if they come over at all.

Thom Yorke and EOB seem to be touring separately until July though which probably makes Radiohead the most likely at the moment.

I really mega want MCR to headline and still grasping on any sort of now cuz I cannee afford to go see them in MK cuz I’d rather be able to afford Leeds fest.

who else is likely to show up on the main stage after seeing who’s playing other festivals, would love to see Tyler as well but I think he’s Parklife and Lovebox exclusive right?

5 hours ago, Chester21 said:

I really mega want MCR to headline and still grasping on any sort of now cuz I cannee afford to go see them in MK cuz I’d rather be able to afford Leeds fest.

who else is likely to show up on the main stage after seeing who’s playing other festivals, would love to see Tyler as well but I think he’s Parklife and Lovebox exclusive right?

If you wanna see them, just go to MK. They're not headlining.

There's no point either, they have three stadium dates to sell now. What's the point in then announcing for R&L? Imagine how many punters would be annoyed and how little appeal it would have (because anyone who wanted to see them probably bought one of the, what, 60k tickets? now on sale)

33 minutes ago, foolee said:

Unless Biffy would be happy to sub as their stock as fallen? 

Travis Scott/BMTH

Liam Gallagher

RHCP/Biffy Clyro

Travis Scott Co-headlined 2 years ago. We rule out Kendrick for that  very reason. He wont be there.

Dan Wilcox giving that info as "one is 100% wrong" play on words that one I said was 100% not playing (i said RHCP said they wont, not 100%).

I reckon it will be Stormzy and they wait to let his shows sell out.

Reading Fri/Leeds Sat >> BMTH + Biffy Clyro

Reading Sat/Leeds Sun >> Liam Gallagher + Blink 182

Reading Sun/Leeds Fri >> Stormzy

Ik I spout a lot of shite on this thread, but I am honestly dead set that there will be 5 headliners. Taking into consideration tour dates and the fact MCR aren’t playing, and what Dan has just said I think the headliners will be 5 of these

Co-Headliners:

BMTH,Travis Scott,Blink,Biffy,RHCP(if no new music is released),Foals maybe,Courteeners, Gorillaz maybe

obviously one co headlines with LG

Outright headliners(left-field as well):

RHCP(if new music is released), Radiohead, AC/DC(which would be left field and could see BMTH subbing a heavy Sunday), Gorillaz, Stormzy, Slipknot

I think rn the one I it’ll be is 

Biffy/BMTH

Travis/LG

Gorillaz

What I’d like and could maybe see:

Gorillaz/Biffy (Gorillaz closing both)

Travis/LG(  LG closing Leeds, Travis closing Reading)

ACDC with a Bring Me sub

Feel free to lament me for stupidity but if we’re still looking for a left field AC/DC or Gorillaz are the best options

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Unless Biffy would be happy to sub as their stock as fallen? 

Travis Scott/BMTH

Liam Gallagher

RHCP/Biffy Clyro

I find this assertion slightly bizarre though a lot of people seem to be parroting it. You realise Biffy's last album went straight to #1, right?

Never mind that they headlined IoW last year, along with TRNSMT and Download the year before. If they're playing, they'll be headliners. The only reason they were co-headliners in 2016 was because a bigger band (Radiohead?) pulled out at the last moment.