Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Fair play, although when he headlined V in 2017 I got 2-4-1 tickets.

When Nas (as legendary but not more for rap afficionados) played he barely drew a crowd.

When Pharrel William's (as relevant as Jay Z imo) played last year with NERD he barely drew a crowd.

Jay Z hasn't done anything worthwhile for a long time, new gen of kids dont bump his stuff and everyone just sees him as some family man and Mr Beyonce rather than a huge act.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wasn’t that the one where someone climbed the speaker stand 

BSP?  Quite possibly but I can't remember it distinctly. They had techincal issues and were on really late but otherwise pretty brilliant as ever.

5 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Come again?

”If” Jay Z could draw a crowd? “IF”???

The man is considered the greatest rapper alive and the king of the game by the US scene he comes from.

Other than Kanye there is nobody on that level in terms of respect and reverence.

”If” Jay Z could draw a crowd...starting to really question the level of people’s knowledge of music on these boards reading this thread.

Jay-z is less of a pull for the younger crowd than Travis, post,drake, Kendrick etc. Regardless of legacy it’s a zeitgeist fest and not sure how bothered the 16-24 crowd would be with a jay z headline.

Calvin Harris has released 2 new tracks under the alias “Love Regenerator” and they’re banging. Completely different from his usual stuff,  early rave, house-techno kinda music straight out of the 90’s. Sounds very much like early chemical brothers, early prodigy, early Andy C, etc. 

Would make a great dance tent headliner if he’s touring it this summer. 

Edited by TheWaters

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Calvin Harris has released 2 new tracks under the alias “Love Regenerator” and they’re banging. Completely different from his usual stuff,  early rave, house-techno kinda music straight out of the 90’s. Sounds very much like early chemical brothers, early prodigy, early Andy C, etc. 

Would make a great dance tent headliner if he’s touring it this summer. 

Calvin Harris would headline or nothing.

20 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

Calvin Harris would headline or nothing.

I was more talking about a DJ set of strictly the material that’s released as Love Regenerator. In a similar way to Chase & Statis doing a RTRN II JUNGLE set would get away with headlining the dance tent. Obviously if it was a Calvin Harris set, headline or nothing.

19 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Can you even imagine the crowd crush if they put Calvin Harris in the Dance Tent.

You may be right but I assumed if it wasn’t a Calvin Harris set it would be fine. Similar to how TLSP have done midway down the R1 in the past and it’s not been a massive crush just because it’s Alex Turner as it’s not advertised as the act that would be an obvious headliner. Again, might be wrong was just my thinking.

(Also just wanted to mention this project incase anyone wasn’t aware because the two tracks released are genuinely really good)

Edited by TheWaters
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I was more talking about a DJ set of strictly the material that’s released as Love Regenerator. In a similar way to Chase & Statis doing a RTRN II JUNGLE set would get away with headlining the dance tent. Obviously if it was a Calvin Harris set, headline or nothing.

You may be right but I assumed if it wasn’t a Calvin Harris set it would be fine. Similar to how TLSP have done midway down the R1 in the past and it’s not been a massive crush just because it’s Alex Turner as it’s not advertised as the act that would be an obvious headliner. Again, might be wrong was just my thinking.

(Also just wanted to mention this project incase anyone wasn’t aware because the two tracks released are genuinely really good)

I still think he'd be waaaaaay too big to play the Dance Tent. I could maybe see him doing a special set headlining the R1 billed as Love Regenerator, but even that would be a push I'd say.

I think we can all accept at this stage given the availability of bands and summer gig announcements of bands like MCR and others that the likelihood is that 2 of the headliners at least are going to be in the form of Bring me the horizon and Blink 182 (love them or loathe them). 

I was speaking to people close to bring me the horizon last year at the festival and they pretty much confirmed they are headlining in 2020. As for Blink they STILL haven't announced any summer shows and its now January. Every time they are in the UK in the summer they announce it in November/December at latest. That and a subtle hint from Mark Hoppus when he tweeted last year during a Reading live Stream saying "Needs more Blink". They also havent played since 2014 so are due a visit. 

So yeah I think Bring me are 100% gonna be one headliner and pretty sure the other is Blink 182. Personally I hope some how RHCP is the last one! 

Honestly think Jay-Z would sell just as many tickets as the likes of Stormzy or a few other rap headliners. Travis Scott, Post Malone and Eminem obviously would all sell more, but would be great to be able to see someone as legendary as Jay-Z is to the rap genre, would also do a tribute to Chester Bennington which would be amazing to see

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I mean this was quite a long time ago. They couldn’t do it now.

Whether or not it is billed as Calvin Harris it won’t fool people. They will know it is him. 

He’s not exactly held to a high critical standard but it’s easy to forget Calvin Harris is one of the most well known names in music. He’s a headliner or nothing act.

19 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Beginning to think that there won't actually be a rap headliner this year to be honest, they normally play on the Sunday of Leeds (Saturday at Reading I believe?), and obviously Liam Gallagher has that slot now. Could be wrong, and obviously that pattern can change at any time. 

Wouldn't object to all the headliners being rock artists/bands, just personal preference though.

It's only been a thing for the past few years. That same slot has also been played by the likes of RHCP, Metallica and Arctic Monkeys.

Things change. Back in the day the Sunday at Reading was always the day with the heavier line-up, then it was the Friday for a bit, and now all three days tend to be more mixed.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I mean this was quite a long time ago. They couldn’t do it now.

Whether or not it is billed as Calvin Harris it won’t fool people. They will know it is him. 

He’s not exactly held to a high critical standard but it’s easy to forget Calvin Harris is one of the most well known names in music. He’s a headliner or nothing act.

Was still while AM were a headline act in fairness, but yeah I get the point. Just me getting overexcited at actual decent Calvin Harris tracks and wanting to sneak him on the lineup lmao

3 hours ago, Rhcp1 said:

I think we can all accept at this stage given the availability of bands and summer gig announcements of bands like MCR and others that the likelihood is that 2 of the headliners at least are going to be in the form of Bring me the horizon and Blink 182 (love them or loathe them). 

I was speaking to people close to bring me the horizon last year at the festival and they pretty much confirmed they are headlining in 2020. As for Blink they STILL haven't announced any summer shows and its now January. Every time they are in the UK in the summer they announce it in November/December at latest. That and a subtle hint from Mark Hoppus when he tweeted last year during a Reading live Stream saying "Needs more Blink". They also havent played since 2014 so are due a visit. 

So yeah I think Bring me are 100% gonna be one headliner and pretty sure the other is Blink 182. Personally I hope some how RHCP is the last one! 

Defo need more Blink ;)

• Upvote 1

Chances of Bastille coming back to possibly co headline I know he's not really a ticket shifter but he's gradually worked his way up in the festival and he put on a good show last year and got booked for the John Lewis advert not checked if he's doing anything this summer but could be a possibility seems to have a Good relationship with the festival just trying to throw new names around rather than same old also is there anyone else people would like to see again higher up this year that played last years festival

Just now, Oliver424 said:

Chances of Bastille coming back to possibly co headline I know he's not really a ticket shifter but he's gradually worked his way up in the festival and he put on a good show last year and got booked for the John Lewis advert not checked if he's doing anything this summer but could be a possibility seems to have a Good relationship with the festival just trying to throw new names around rather than same old also is there anyone else people would like to see again higher up this year that played last years festival

They said they’re not doing festivals this year. RadioX instagram confirmed this 

2 minutes ago, Jake1234 said:

They said they’re not doing festivals this year. RadioX instagram confirmed this 

Fair enough just getting bored of the same rumours and questioning other possibilities going to have to think of a few other people surely it can't just be out of the 4 heavily rumoured ones not that I'd mind. I think 1 of the heavily rumoured will headline atleast but i can definitely see someone who's not had much mention headlining